THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Storm of Magic preorders

Go down 
+2
Ciirian
Local_Ork
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Storm of Magic preorders Empty
PostSubject: Storm of Magic preorders   Storm of Magic preorders I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 17:20

Just in case You would miss it.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod1280004a

Side note: I wonder why GW pulled out plastic heroes? They foreseen massive FineCast returns Wink ?

Fixed topic title - Baron Tordeck
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Storm of Magic preorders   Storm of Magic preorders I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 18:06

They aren't showing up anymore, but there was a set of 6 templates all in different colors that was similiar to the Dark Eldar Webway Portal. I assume they were the same size. It was a good deal, 6 of them for 30$ US. (Considering the Dark Eldar ones were 10$US each). Not sure what happened to them, maybe they sold out already? They aren't on the website anymore but would be something to look into just to have a few WWP templates.

*edit*

AND those plastic character models are amazing. I plan on getting the Necromancer and using him for a Haemonculi conversion. One idea that came to mind was making him look like a deformed clone of my Archon, all hunched over and stuff. Smile

I Don't understand why they dont just get rid of all finecast / metal models and do everything in plastic. The new plastic stuff looks SO great IMO. From looking at the new Fantasy stuff and the entire Dark Eldar line, the plastic stuff is just amazing.

I know that if the Wracks were a plastic unit like Warriors/Wyches I would of gotten at least 3-4units of them as opposed to the one box that I have and don't forsee buying more finecast units in the near future after opening it.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Storm of Magic preorders   Storm of Magic preorders I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 18:49

Hmm... GW site says they are 5" templates.
CRAP.
Or not? Paying 18 bucks for those things is not worth IMHO. Also, they are... metal?

And I totally agree about heroes. I mean this Dark Elf sorceress... damn! Second female model without "manface syndrome".
And they come with scenic bases. Whoopie-de-do!
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Storm of Magic preorders   Storm of Magic preorders I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 21:41

Worse than the expensive templates is those single plastic models. They are a single sprue and £8, considering you pay only £2 more for Failcast stuff (which I consider to be hugely overpriced already) I think those are pretty poor deals. Let's not forget the metals used to cost that a month or so ago!
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Storm of Magic preorders   Storm of Magic preorders I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 21:49

I actually really, really like most of the Storm of Magic stuff! The monsters, the characters... awesome! And I'm finally able to buy a Dark Emissary! Happy days.
The scenery looks rather useless, though. And I think it's a real shame the magic vortices are 5" instead of 3".

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: Storm of Magic preorders   Storm of Magic preorders I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 05:45

Ciirian wrote:
They aren't showing up anymore, but there was a set of 6 templates all in different colors that was similiar to the Dark Eldar Webway Portal. I assume they were the same size. It was a good deal, 6 of them for 30$ US. (Considering the Dark Eldar ones were 10$US each). Not sure what happened to them, maybe they sold out already? They aren't on the website anymore but would be something to look into just to have a few WWP templates.
The purple one is practically a WWP already. It's almost like they are apologizing for running out of the actual WWPs so fast.

I couldn't agree more about the plastic. The Chaos Sorceror is just classy. Pity I'm more of a monster fan myself.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Storm of Magic preorders   Storm of Magic preorders I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10 2011, 10:29

They're a 5 inch template set, a bit big for our beloved web way portals.

But just fine for my tomb kings and skaven Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storm of Magic preorders   Storm of Magic preorders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storm of Magic preorders
Page 1 of 1