THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

kabal of the splintered soul

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vexator
Hellion
vexator

kabal of the splintered soul Empty
PostSubject: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 00:29

hello fellow archons. I am so new to this forum business its actually painful!
this will be a wip of my new dark eldar army.
I will have some pics up in the next few days but here is a list of what I have so far...
2 battleforces, 5 scourges, razorwing jetfighter, drazhar + 5 incubi, 1 venom, 1 haemonculus.
I just bought the dias of destruction and 3 old raiders off ebay but haven't received them at time of writing.
im looking to really exploit the dark eldar shooting capability with my army before having all those lovely wyches and incubi clean up!
ive been playing and collecting warhammer since the age of 9, im now 32 so its been with me longer than most things in my life.
I also collect tyranids (7,000 points), imperial guard (3,000 points), as yet unnamed space marines (6,000 points) and space wolves (3,000 points).
the only other local geek I know has 14,000 points of space wolves that I regularly smash my army into in the vain hope of victory!

anyway that's me, hope you all enjoy my army and go gentle with me as im not the best painter or indeed photographer in the land.
tom
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 18:54

can't wait! I love the old raiders and the jet fighter models Razz
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 11:09

Good luck for the painting, and also to keep the dais of destruction in one piece ^^.

kabal of the splintered soul 000311
Back to top Go down
vexator
Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 16:59

Here is my kit bashed hekatrix.
I have a squad of 10 and two squads of 5 wyches in my army at the moment, the second squad of 5 all having the blank faced masks. When I paint them I want to achieve a highly mirrored effect on them so their victims can see their own dismemberment (think law abiding citizen) as the wych goes about their grisly business.
kabal of the splintered soul Hekatrixside_zpsdb0afa1a
kabal of the splintered soul Hekatrixback_zpsd82d3e91kabal of the splintered soul Hekatrixfront_zps74ab07e9

Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 17:15

This is my klaivex, I went for a bare head cos I wanted a more samarai feel to him.
kabal of the splintered soul Klaivexside_zps9478f595kabal of the splintered soul Klaivexback_zps8920a269kabal of the splintered soul Klaivexfront_zps5f77df5f

Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 17:23

Here is my take on the duke.
After reading about his paranoia and the fact he has his skin acid cleaned, I went for a bare head so I can attempt the translucent skin he is famed for.
The shoulder mounted blast pistol isn't something I've seen done before but it solves the "3 weapons" problem (I hope quite elegantly).
As this is the first time I've ever taken pictures of my models I realise hey aren't the best quality photos, I will be looking at experimenting with lighting to better show the models for my next post.
I'm thinking of a bone and very light blue colour scheme for sliscus, his trueborn and warriors.
The wyches I'm going to do with a bronze and dark red scheme but with darker blue hair to tie into the blue on the warriors.
As for vect, well he will be a very long project with a custom built Dias which I might try building from four combined raiders.
Keep posted but I have to warn you all i am painfully slow at painting......
kabal of the splintered soul Sliscusback_zps552aa257kabal of the splintered soul Sliscusfront_zps6fe40acd

Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 01:04

ok I know these aint the dark kindred but I just wanted to show off!
its really to give an idea on my painting style for future posts.
so we have an assault marine and a sternguard.
a chaplain and an inquisitor.
a sergeant and a company champion
kabal of the splintered soul Assaultandsternguard_zps7652ac3fkabal of the splintered soul Sergeantandchampion_zps1dfb5938.jpegkabal of the splintered soul Chaplainandinquisitor_zps71726fbf
kabal of the splintered soul Sergeantandchampion_zps1dfb5938

Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 01:11

my tyranids
kabal of the splintered soul Tyranids_zps031402cekabal of the splintered soul Flyrant_zps58b243c4kabal of the splintered soul Prime_zpsbd0927bakabal of the splintered soul Hierophant_zps05af852b

Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 01:16

and finally the chaos lord known simply as the kaiser
kabal of the splintered soul Chaos_zpsf8e66b30

Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 19:44

just been shopping for paints. im going down the tried and tested route of painting bone armour - base with zandri dust, shade with seraphim sepia, layer ushabti bone then drybrush terminatus stone followed by a very fine highlight of pure white scar.
will post pics as soon as I have finished the 1st one.

Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 11:01

kabal of the splintered soul Image_zpse0140563kabal of the splintered soul Image_zps3e7c9c2e

my 1st dark eldar painted (no base as yet though!)
im reasonably happy with the outcome, any advice on getting a better bone finish is welcome

Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2013, 23:06

here is my first squad - Dracon Ka'seli Yvillarch and her Trueborn.
I've darkened the bone colour down with another wash of seraphim sepia for a kind of camo feel.
The bases are done to match my mate Josh's realm of battle board which we are currently building into an epic looking city!
Let me know what you all think..... oh and apologies for the decor!!
kabal of the splintered soul Image_zpsdb79e2f1
kabal of the splintered soul Image_zps73340cf3
kabal of the splintered soul Image_zps2664893e
kabal of the splintered soul Image_zps00fe51d1
kabal of the splintered soul Image_zps10bdf395

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 01:16

Looking good! Can't wait to see them on the terrain you and your friend are building.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
vexator
Hellion
vexator

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23 2013, 21:33

I was rummaging through some old boxes of junkhammer and stumbled on 5 near complete old style reaver jetbikes! Alas no riders but I had a random thought, what if a group of reavers got so addicted to riding around at the speed of sound that they paid a haemonculus a portion of their souls to "attach" them to their bikes permanently? Would be pretty cool I think....
I'm thinking use the spare wych torsos from my venom and some putty, kind of a wych/jetbike centaur with loads of combat drug injectors and some creepy twists.
Any takers?

PostSubject: Re: kabal of the splintered soul   kabal of the splintered soul I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kabal of the splintered soul
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: