THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Semi-competitive

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WurmPriest
Slave

2k Semi-competitive Empty
PostSubject: 2k Semi-competitive   2k Semi-competitive I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 15:59

Hello!

Here's a new list I will try. Any comments good or bad are welcome Smile

HQ

1 Succubus, Venom Blade, Haywire Grenades; 75 pts.

1 Haemonculus, Venom Blade, Liquifier gun; 65 pts.

TROOPS

3*10 Kabalite warriors, Splinter cannons, Raider, Dark lances; 480 pts.

2*5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades, Venom, Dual splinter cannons; 250 pts.

9 Wracks, Liquifier gun, Raider, Dark lance, Grisly Trophies; 165 pts.

ELITE

4 Grotesques, Aberration, Venom Blade, Raider, Dark lance; 215 pts.

FAST

2*9 Reaver Jetbikes, Blasters, Arena Champion, Venom blade; 516 pts.

HEAVY

2 Ravagers, Dark lances, Nightshields ; 230 pts.

-- 1996 points --

- warriors will be the backbone of this army with reavers, they have always been effective and I'm familiar how to use them. Thanks to Mushkilla, I've learned to play reavers more smartly Smile

- In the previous lists, I usually ran 7-9 strong wych units (as they were so effective back in 5th) , but now they will serve a different role and that's not going to be a suicide unit, but a unit that can counter attack, put pressure on a place where needed and I think running them with Venoms will keep them more safe and offer me some mobile AI fire.

- Succubus goes with Grotesques and Haemonculi with wracks. The wracks are here to serve a support role to warriors for taking the incoming melee threats as well as pairing with grotesques, will be an effective speed bumb.

- No flyer this time.

So any thoughts how this looks like ?

Oh almost forgot! the armies I will play against will mostly be Necrons, Eldar, Orks, daemons, Grey knights and Vanilla marines...... so this is not a tailored list to beat a certain race.

An alternative to wyches is to drop 1 grotesque 6 reavers and wyches altogether and take 2 Beast packs containing 10 khymeras, 4 flocks, 4 masters. They could be used to draw enemy fire / attention away from my troops.
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: 2k Semi-competitive   2k Semi-competitive I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 03:38

Were it me, I'd find the points for Racks for those Raiders.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2k Semi-competitive   2k Semi-competitive I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 10:03

How do you find the large units of RJBs? I'd be tempted to suggest that three units of six would be more useful than two units of nine, but I don't actually have experience of playing them so I don't know - am I wrong there?
Back to top Go down
Sheepy
Slave
Sheepy

PostSubject: Re: 2k Semi-competitive   2k Semi-competitive I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 11:03

Ben_S wrote:
How do you find the large units of RJBs? I'd be tempted to suggest that three units of six would be more useful than two units of nine, but I don't actually have experience of playing them so I don't know - am I wrong there?

As he said, he is useing them the way 'Mushkilla' does on his battle reports. Have a read of one of his battle reports. It's how to make an average unit an excellent one. I've become a Mushkilla reaver disciple also and its worked well so far.

WurmPriest wrote:

An alternative to wyches is to drop 1 grotesque 6 reavers and wyches altogether and take 2 Beast packs containing 10 khymeras, 4 flocks, 4 masters. They could be used to draw enemy fire / attention away from my troops.

2 Beastpacks as in 20 Khymera etc? I use 10khy, 4 flocks, 4 BM and run them with the Baron. The sad thing with beasts is that they are better on paper than they are in the game. As they are all on 40mm bases it can be difficult to get the whole unit into combat.

Also with beasts, during combat (after the charge round) you will kill 2 MEQ and take 2-3 wounds back. I know that catching your I6 with there I4 is unlikely but having the Baron is nice to up your Ld a little.

Back to top Go down
WurmPriest
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2k Semi-competitive   2k Semi-competitive I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 10:13

Had a game against a Daemon army which was something like;

Flying demon prince
thirster
skarbrand
10*pink horrors
10*plague bearers
10*daemonettes
2*defilers
2 squads of 13 hounds or smthng..
a squad of seekers a biig one
and some other things I can't remember

the game was a draw, had it continued I would've won.. this list was great to play, it really kept a deamon player defensive as he feared those 2 squads of reavers getting behind him and the amount of splinter fire was enough.

going to play a game tomorrow and I will drop 6 reavers + 1 wrack to get 2 talos. The reason is with 2 talos I dont need to keep my venoms holding back but now the talois can support my warriors for incoming pods, dreadnoughts etc.. and the wyches can be played more forward.

I'll tell you how it went after we have played the game!

and ty for the replys !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Semi-competitive   2k Semi-competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Semi-competitive
Page 1 of 1