THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Codex Supplement

Go down 
+29
The Red King
clively
Dogmar
Azdrubael
agosyb
Vasara
ligolski
lobo60
Mushkilla
LSK
Thor665
HokutoAndy
shadowseercB
Gobsmakked
Crazy_Ivan
Balisong
The Shredder
Aschen
DominicJ
Ben_S
Count Adhemar
The_Burning_Eye
Kung Fu Hamster
Jack Frost
Archon_Demetrious
infamousme
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus
Sky Serpent
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar Codex Supplement Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 00:37

A bit of wishlisting at its finest: what would you like to see if we get treated to a supplement book? What feasible ways are there to do this for our race?

What we've seen so far is a focus on lots of new models (Iyanden) and a special character and upgrade packs (Farsight Enclaves).

Thus I do declare that a wave release with Duke in it makes Codex: Sky Serpents totally feasible....... (Phil are you reading thissssss?)

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Haemonculus
Hellion
Haemonculus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 02:42

I dunno, The whole Codex: Lyanden thing was kinda a blow to me. Just stuff you could do already but put In a $50 book.

However if GW isn't just looking for a quick buck, it would be awesome if they made a codex suppliment with extensive rules for an Incubi shrine. The HQ could be an Incubus Hierarch and maybe actuall rules for a Dark Eldar Avatar of Khaine.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 03:18

I would ask for a coven or wyche cult supplement , but you truly can already do that with the current codex just like...wait....you can do with the Eldar and Iyanden codexes. Wait, this could work! Razz Razz Razz 

I could totally see a supplement for Dark Eldar corsairs/Sliscus armies.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 03:21

I could more so see just an Eldar corsair supplement including craftworld and commorite elder.

Or maybe a mandrakes focused supplement to sell the models. Could coincide with a release of the model for the decapitator (really didn't want to attempt spelling his name without my codex handy)

Double posting is against the forum rules. Please use the edit button in future. Smile - Mush
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 04:29

I just might make him for kicks muahahha
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 04:40

Couldn't see it happening. There's not enough branches on the family tree.
In the future I wouldn't mind seeing the Codex split up and more in-depth to Coven/Kabal/Cult dex's.
The DE Avatar of Khaine sounds awesome.

-Jack-

Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 05:43

A supplement that would let me take my Archon with either a jetbike or a skyboard.

And let units assault straight out of a webway portal.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 08:32

Not purely Wych cult, but I'd be interested to see them come up with an arena supplement, so a few more funky Wych types, uber beasts, close combat reavers, a chariot type models sitting between the reaver and the venom in terms of size, and of course a gladiator-engine.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 09:33

Haemonculus wrote:
However if GW isn't just looking for a quick buck

LOL

On a more serious note I can't really see any aspect of the DE that would make for a viable supplement. Specific Kabals, Cults or Covens? Can't really see it.

Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 11:10

Yeah, I don't see much scope for a supplement based on specific Kabals etc (on the model of Craftworlds or SM Chapters).

Possibly there could be supplements allowing for Cult- or Coven-based forces (with the assumption of a new Kabal-based Codex), but even that seems a bit of a stretch unless they want to seriously mess with people's existing armies. Would GW ever do that?
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 13:43

I think it would be better if they went the other way, fewer, but more customisable codecie.
The Guard Codex before this one had "doctines" that let you customise your army quite a bit.
You could be a drop troop army, and deep strike all your infantry and sentinals.
You could take Camo Cloaks or Carapace (for extra pts)

Theres no reason imperial marines couldnt fit in one codex.

Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 01:50

I am with the "Corsairs" crowd. as a supplement, I think it might be fun...Could be a dual supplement. Basically one supplement that uses both craftworld and Commoragh Eldar
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 10:01

I'd be all over a Corsairs supplement if it didn't involve Forgeworld models. Nothing against Forgeworld but I can't afford them!

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 11:13

I think I'd rather they just put the extra rules into the DE codex, and turned the extra fluff into a novel or something.

I guess I just don't relish the idea of spending about £25 for 2 pages of rules. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 15:19

Honestly I feel our codex gives us all we need for either coven, warrior, cult, and even Incubi lists without supplement lists. I feel it's another way for GW to make money when all this used to b done in the old codices( look at csm 3rd edition book for example).

Last edited by Archon_Demetrious on Thu Jul 04 2013, 16:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Haemonculus
Hellion
Haemonculus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 15:37

Archon_Demetrious wrote:
Honestly I feel our codex gives us all we need for either coven, warrior, cult, and even Incubi lists without supplement lists. I feel it's another way fr he to make money when all this used to b done in the old codices( look at csm 3rd edition book)

Yeah, I remember they made that after the codex astardes thing. The 3rd edition Chaos book is a perfect example of what GW should be doing as much as they can with future books... just minus the fact that that book almost never lost! lol

Honestly, if you just use your imagination and tailor your lists to what you want there should be no problem. I'm not saying to just do fluffy lists instead of competitive ones (I have a coven list with an Archon, Retinue And over 40 warriors still).
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 18:09

Harlequins...

They live the the Webway...

Have different rules from standard craftworlders...

Appear in both armies...

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 19:00

Might be fun to have an exodite supplement with monstrous creatures, world singer as a HQ, troops similar to kroot that roll on their own table for forests and water (I'm sure they would ally with us in a time of need for the survival of the eldar as a whole).
Might be fun to have some supplements for the satellite realms of commorragh too.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 20:09

Given the variants available through our wonderful current codex and the corsairs already in IA 11 The Doom of Mymeara, I could see Harlequins or Exodites in our future, but that's about it. New MC's and Kroot-like mercenary troops, as Crazy_Ivan suggested, would be cool.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 21:59

I would expect that if a suppliment was made for the Harlequin's it would have one page of rules Razz and that one page would only have one unit/model, the Solitaire.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 04:37

A Harlequins supplement would be really cool

Harlies
HQ
-Great Harlequin
-Great Shadow Seer

Elite
-Solitaire

Troop
-Troopers in Venoms

Fast Att
-Jetbikes
-Some new Vyper chassis vehicle

Heavy S
-Death Jester
-Wraithlord

This would clash with whats currently in CWE and DE codices though. I wonder if they'd be willing to do that.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 22:10

A proper corsair supplement is definitely needed, a mercenaries one for us could be good for all the alien nasties that come to commorragh, imagine a unit of sslyth!
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 22:48

Yeah... I really wish they expanded on a Merc list. That universe is solo huge you can come up with ANY type of race. (maybe not some much the Jokero...Embarassed )

-Jack-

infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 23:22

I would personally love a harlequin supplement. I would spend so much money if there was a possibility of fielding harlequins en masse.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2013, 04:54

Also known as 3rd edition Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Supplement   Dark Eldar Codex Supplement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Codex Supplement
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next