THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lost Archon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

Lost Archon Empty
PostSubject: Lost Archon   Lost Archon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 17:49

I cannot choose my Kabal's name or colour scheme, I have to try to tie them in together somehow. This indecisiveness is causing me to have a great hold up on putting all my models together. I am not sure if I should paint my kabalites before or after arms are on as it is, anyone have certain preferences about when to paint them and why?

I was thinking of something along the lines of Kabal of the Skittering Madness, Kabal of the Skittering Darkness, Kabal of the Skittering Shadow/Abyss

The skittering thing is because I love spiders, specially some of the ones you see from fantasy games, kind of like the Phase Spider from Baulder's Gate (the creepy ghostly pale greenish color one)

I didn't know where to place this thread since I wished for a bit of help for modeling (I suck), painting (again I suck, but I cannot choose a scheme to save my life) I also have issues choosing one because I do not want to do what everyone else has (which seems to be black and green, happened to be my original idea) Now I am kinda thinking about Dark Reaper and some kind of purple or Incubi Darkness and some kind of purple (not sure what other colours seem to say venomous besides green or purple), and the Kabal name.

EDIT: Come to think of it something like my profile pick would be awesome if I could figure it out. Dark, dusky/shadowy with malevolent and venomous looking purples

I made the mistake of not magnetizing anything and just glueing everything for several vehicles, but luckily I have not placed the weapons on my warriors yet, thanks to not knowing how I should go about it. The arms seem to be too close to the chest to paint while glued on, but that was just while holding it in place to check for a fit. (I ruined the vehicles not magnetizing and am freaking out thinking they will look like crap forever if I try to go back and fix the mistake, specially since the sails like to break off)

The armies I played with in 3rd were hand me down original forgeworld models that my father gave me a while back, but now I started a new army and am afraid I am making them look like crap. The raiders seem to not like to glue to the bottom half or across the prow seams.

Please help this fail noob of an Archon start over and make my army worthy of being called Eldarith Ynneas

Last edited by Shadowharte on Mon Jul 15 2013, 19:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Lost Archon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Archon   Lost Archon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 19:02

Have you seen our Kabal Name Generator?

That may help with names, I often get stuck procrastinating on there if I'm not careful.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/h1-dark-eldar-kabal-name-generator

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

Lost Archon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Archon   Lost Archon I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 19:05

I did try to use it, but was not able to see a combo I was okay with or hat wasn't overly too close to other names I have seen. I really was hoping it would solve the problem. Since I am currently on a 24 hour work shift I may just spend an hour clicking on it, but that may cause me to need to change all my ideas, I was wanting everything fluff based to revolve around a special spider unique for them.

Also, name was not the only issue I had. My main current concern are putting them together (which may or may not depend on if I have colours chosen, depends on whether they should be 100% together before painting or however most people do it.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost Archon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Archon   Lost Archon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Archon
Page 1 of 1