THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity   Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 02:33

It would be nice if a little addition of a type of battle focus or jet pack infantry to be in DE because sometimes when kabalites don't kill their target or scourges dont kill the tank they get blasted apart without other options, i personally dealt them, they were a pain destroying since he used them from cover to cover, i understand Reavers are technically jet pack jetbikes but its only if bladevaning was a bad option in that situtaion i would never shoot with them unless forced to. Back to the subject it would add much more moblity and deadliness in your army.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity   Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 04:35

More mobility? This IS Dark Eldar we are talking about, right?

We have three types of Jump infantry, two of which have both AI and AT capabilities, depending on loadout. Our troops get cheap transport with either AI or AT weaponry, and they can cross the table in one turn if you want them too.

If you can't shoot them from a distance, get some Haywyches in his face.
Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity   Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 04:45

Im not saying they need that, they are already good enough just saying it would be sweet to see more useable units added to the upcoming 6th edition DE codex later on, just ideas to blossom for the next codex:) and trust me i played haywyches before they are ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity   Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 05:10

6th edition codex? Very Happy
We play DE, be serious now.

@DingK - it's late and maybe I'm just being dumb...but don't we only have 2 Jump Infantry options? I can think of Hellions and Scourges...I'm wracking my brain over here for a third and am coming up short. Are we counting Baron Sathypants as the third, is that it?

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity   Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 06:33

DingK wrote:
More mobility? This IS Dark Eldar we are talking about, right?
+1

I'm not sure that lacking a unit of special jetpack infantry(Spiders) makes DE less mobile than Eldar. All of our transports are Fast, Open-Topped skimmers. We have two types of jump infantry. All of our units are Fleet outside of the coven units. Where are we lacking in speed? If not having Warp Spiders is making our army so slow they can always be taken as allies.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity   Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 07:17

This is a wish-listing rules suggestion topic and therefore I am moving it to the Rules Development section where it belongs. Please make sure you are posting in the correct section in future.

*mod hat off*

Reavers shooting at rapid fire range is just as effective against T4 MEQ as their bladevaning assuming you take blasters or heatlances. Reavers are also the most mobile unit in the game, being able to move 48" and do damage at the same time, ignoring terrain because of being jetbikes, ignoring dangerous terrain because of skilled rider and having a 2d6 eldar jetbike move in the assault phase.

Dark Eldar are already more mobile than their eldar cousins, because our open topped transports lets us assault out of transports, and shoot out of transports.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity   Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 14:05

Thor665 wrote:

@DingK - it's late and maybe I'm just being dumb...but don't we only have 2 Jump Infantry options? I can think of Hellions and Scourges...I'm wracking my brain over here for a third and am coming up short. Are we counting Baron Sathypants as the third, is that it?

No, it was me misremembering Reaver Jetbikes as being Jump infantry, which they're obviously not. Nevertheless, they have the same amount of mobility, even more when you take their turboboosting into account.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity   Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 16:55

Also their Eldar Jetbike move.
RJBs are vastly more maneuverable than Jump Infantry, they are one of the most maneuverable units in the game...possibly *the* most maneuverable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity   Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing Jet pack infantry such as warp spyders into dark eldar would make them on par with Eldar Moblity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: