THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kheradruakh the Decapitator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tlronin
Wych

Kheradruakh the Decapitator Empty
PostSubject: Kheradruakh the Decapitator   Kheradruakh the Decapitator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 10:48

http://warpstoneflux.blogspot.nl/2013/08/worst-unit-in-warhammer-40k-ever.html

So, when are we going to start our massive e-mail attack? Very Happy 

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruakh the Decapitator   Kheradruakh the Decapitator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 11:00

He's only speaking the truth. I really can't think of a worse unit. Really the Decapitator takes everything that is bad about mandrakes and turns them up to 11!

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruakh the Decapitator   Kheradruakh the Decapitator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 11:32

Oh yeah, I agree with him. That's why I thought we could organise a mass mail action to GW again for them to change this epic fail.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruakh the Decapitator   Kheradruakh the Decapitator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 11:37

I'd dearly love to have a chat with Phil Kelly and ask him about his thinking behind some of his units (Mandrakes, Decrapitator, Warp Talons, Court of the Archon etc). I'm genuinely interested to see how he thinks they should, or indeed could, be used.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruakh the Decapitator   Kheradruakh the Decapitator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 20:56

Mushkilla wrote:
He's only speaking the truth. I really can't think of a worse unit.

Old One Eye is worse. The Decapitator is 140pts of awful, but at least he can be used for a compulsory HQ slot.

Old One Eye is 260pts of abysmal, takes up a non-compulsory Heavy Support slot, and is worse than a standard 160pt carnifex (which are already pretty terrible).

Not that that makes the Decapitator good, mind - I just don't think he's the absolute worse model in 40k. He's also a sad example of GW not learning from their mistakes, since they made exactly the same error with lictor deployment.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruakh the Decapitator   Kheradruakh the Decapitator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 23:17

This is an interesting question...which is worse Decapitator or Mandrakes...

@Shredder - I will say, at least Old One Eye can probably actually defeat an opposing unit in h2h combat. Decapitator is supposed to be some sort of holy terror in assault, and yet is likely to be beaten down by a handful of Space Marine Scouts. Old One Eye is 'bad' in the same way Drazhar is 'bad' they both cost way too much for what they actually give you - but they do at least do the task they are theoretically supposed to be able to do.

Decapitator (and Mandrakes) fail at that...and then are also probably priced too high as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kheradruakh the Decapitator   Kheradruakh the Decapitator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kheradruakh the Decapitator
Page 1 of 1