THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 point list (challenge)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

1000 point list (challenge) Empty
PostSubject: 1000 point list (challenge)   1000 point list (challenge) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 20:56

Ok a bit of a thread-jack as I was inspired by KotBS' post regarding a friendly list at 1k, even though it ended up being 1001 scratch

So here is the challenge: build the cheapest ($$$$ wise) 1k pt list keeping it both friendly and competitive. (Might be a bit $$$$ to field those Blasterborn units, so lets get outside the box).

For example, my 1.25k all Coven list (see earlier post) retails for over $550USD affraid thats without even discussing the merits of it being friendly or competitive.

Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (challenge)   1000 point list (challenge) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2011, 18:43

HQ
Archon - GhostPlate, Agonizer, WWP (125)

ELITE
Trueborn (4) - DL x2 (98)
Trueborn (3) - Blaster x 2 (66)

TROOP
Wyches {7} - Hek w/Agonizer, Raider DL, FF (170) *Archon's ride*
Wyches {8} - Hek w/Agonizer, Raider DL (170)
Warriors (5) - Shredder (50)
Warriors (5) - Shredder (50)

FAST ATK
Reavers (6) - Heat Lance x 2 (156)

HEAVY SUP
Ravager (1) - DL x3, FF (115)

TOTAL POINTS - 1000
TOTAL COST - $239.50 (DE Battleforce x2 + Ravager x1)

Thoughts:

Set up is pretty straight forward deploy the 2 Wyche units in Raiders, the Ravager and the Trueborn w/ Lances (in cover). Hold both units of Warriors, Reavers and Blasterborn for deployment via the WWP.

The Archon's Raider has a FF to help the fact that it will only be moving max 12" so he can deploy his WWP in the first turn (in order to avoid any 2nd round reserves that may become available from having to hoof it from the table edge).

I think the units and list is versitile enough to move things around, for example, maybe move the Raider from one of the Wyche units and give it to the Blasterborn, and have that unit of Wyches come through the WWP. Maybe have the Archon go with the Blasterborn etc.

Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (challenge)   1000 point list (challenge) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2011, 19:37

This is a wonderful idea. Though I must say the best way to keep things cheap is to not go insane with the army color scheme, black + X is best $$$$-wise! Also, Citadel paints are relatively expensive to begin with, but maybe we shouldn't go down that road.

I'll try and use this exercise to show one can stray well from the beaten path and still end up around US$300, hopefully proving the Battleforce is not a necessity. Here goes!

Quote :
HQ
Succubus - agoniser 85

ELITES
3 Trueborn - 2 DLs 141 (Succubus goes here. Drop off the boys, then take the lady out shopping)
Venom - dual splinter cannon

TROOPS
5 Wyches - haywire grenades 125

5 Wyches - haywire grenades 125

5 Warriors - blaster 125

5 Warriors - blaster 125

5 Warriors - shredder 115

HEAVY SUPPORT
Razorwing Jetfighter - DLs, 4x mono, FF 155

TOTAL 996

I'm just going to go ahead and assume a nifty Succubus can be converted from leftover Wych/Warrior parts, meaning to construct this list one needs:

- 1x Wyches
- 2x Warriors
- 6x Venom
- 1x Razorwing Jetfighter

Totalling a grand US$308.25

Okay so that's a little more than I'd hoped for... yet I still think I did a good job Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list (challenge)   1000 point list (challenge) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 point list (challenge)
Page 1 of 1