THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mix Matching Chaos Armies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

Mix Matching Chaos Armies Empty
PostSubject: Mix Matching Chaos Armies   Mix Matching Chaos Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2013, 16:59

If this is in the wrong rules area feel free to move it. At my LGS I overheard a rule for chaos space marines that said that it is possible to use some stuff from the chaos daemons codex. Like say I want a Soul Grinder in my heavy slot as a CSM instead of what is in the codex. Is this a legit rule found in a white dwarf or no? Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/seekingknight
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Mix Matching Chaos Armies   Mix Matching Chaos Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2013, 17:12

Only with allies. Can ally in a soul grinder (to use your example) as long as you take an HQ and a troop from the Daemons book. But you can't say "I'm taking a chaos lord, two squads of cultists, and a soul grinder". Same way as you can't take a Codex: Space Marines list and toss in a Baal Predator from Codex: Blood Angels into your fast attack slot.

Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Mix Matching Chaos Armies   Mix Matching Chaos Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2013, 20:04

What you might have overheard is the one of the "rumors" for future chaos supplements which would include 4 books, each dedicated to a different chaos god and will supposedly allow you to take units dedicated to that god from both chaos marines and daemons without using the ally rules. But again, still rumors for the time being.
Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: Mix Matching Chaos Armies   Mix Matching Chaos Armies I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2013, 20:22

^_^ Thanks gang! Well I can use a defiler still so it is all good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/seekingknight
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mix Matching Chaos Armies   Mix Matching Chaos Armies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mix Matching Chaos Armies
Page 1 of 1