THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Did everything just get more expensive?

Go down 
+3
commandersasha
DominicJ
Expletive Deleted
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

Did everything just get more expensive? Empty
PostSubject: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 12:44

So I've been playing 40k since April, when I checked the Games Workshop website last night I was struck with disbelief as I slowly noticed all the prices had went up. But they didn't just go up, because I can deal with prices rising over time due to inflation, they went up exorbitantly. It looks like everything on the site had a 40% to 70% markup. Scourges went from $25 to $41. A Ravager from $49 to $83! I literally couldn't sleep for a while, I I couldn't help but start thinking I'd wasted hundreds of dollars on models already, because at this new price point I can't justify buying anything but second-hand models. One grotesque. ONE grotesque! ONE GROTESQUE costs $41 now. I feel like I just started and I already feel like bailing out on 40k now. Is this normal pricing behavior from GW? Is this some typographical error?
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 12:59

The Ravager has been £31 for a while in the UK, was the Talos always £28?
Incubi have been £24 for a long time too.

Grots are big fine cast sadly, theres lots of alternatives, Vampire Counts, Ogres, Nid Warriors
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 13:05

After doing quite a bit of useless research i realized for some reason I'm on the Australian website. If it's possible to delete this post I'd appreciate it, though I do now sympathize with our Australian brother and sisters. Ha!
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 17:43

Makes a nice change to hear a price rise story with a happy ending!

This is an expensive hobby, but you can get great deals on second hand, and there's always paint stripper...even badly built models can usually be fixed, and they will be cheap!
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 17:57

That happened once to me as well; got sent to GW Australia some how and panicked after seeing numbers
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2013, 23:35

commandersasha wrote:
Makes a nice change to hear a price rise story with a happy ending!

This is an expensive hobby, but you can get great deals on second hand, and there's always paint stripper...even badly built models can usually be fixed, and they will be cheap!
I buy second hand occasionally. Especially with troops and transports, because I feel like you can never really have too many of those. But there is something special about opening that new model and having a clean slate to work with, plus all your current variety of bits. But, if the hobby were 60% more expensive that's all I could buy is second hand. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2013, 12:19

I...*could* delete this topic.
But somehow it seems way too funny to want to.

I dunno, if you ask it to be deleted again I'll frag it for you - but I liked it. Wink
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2013, 13:58

Yeah 90% of my friends myself included buy models off eBay or from the us with a proxy address and forward it to aus its still much cheaper that way ... Or in my case last year and this yr I'm in the UK so I can get my warhammers for almost half price Smile
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2013, 14:47

Have you heard of Oz Hammer?

Seems interesting.

http://ozhammer.webs.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did everything just get more expensive?   Did everything just get more expensive? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did everything just get more expensive?
Page 1 of 1