THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Forgeworld Hornets

Go down 
+2
Hijallo
Trystis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05 2013, 08:02

Our group recently started talking about using forgeworld, and I was wondering about some of the units. I might pick up the Dark Eldar ones simply because I love Dark Eldar, but there are a lot more options for Eldar/Corsair. Particularly I was interested in the Hornets because I really like the models and it would fit in with the Eldar units I plan on getting. Has anyone used them before, and if so did you like them?

Thanks!

In Exile

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05 2013, 10:32

They're somewhat between being awesome and deserving a hard hit with nerf baton. Not as broken as Riptides, but guided hornets are nasty enough, because for really low point cost you'll have 12 S8 AP2 48" shots on highly mobile platform. Think Ravager++.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 02:31

they are pretty good if you keep them cheap. I would use a scatter laser and shuriken cannon. 75pts each with armour 11 and scout is pretty sweet. out flanking is often a good idea as well.

they are basically better vipers.

In Exile

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 14:20

Post above is a disinfo. Hornets have been update to keep up with codex. Pulse lasers for 5 pts. That's a steal. 2 Squadrons of Hornets + Farseer = 2 dead riptides/turn, of course if they manage to live.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 15:17

Hijallo wrote:
Post above is a disinfo. Hornets have been update to keep up with codex. Pulse lasers for 5 pts. That's a steal. 2 Squadrons of Hornets + Farseer = 2 dead riptides/turn, of course if they manage to live.
Where can I find this update?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 15:33

I would also like to know where to find this update

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 23:51

I can't find these updates on forge world. If I can get 2 pulse lasers on a hornet for 75points I will be stoked

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 06:01

It's all in the new imperial armour apoc book Wink

I have also been looking at this as an option.

Two hornets one with scatter laser and pulse laser, one with two pulse lasers. Fire the scatter laser first if it hits it makes the 6 pulse laser shots twin linked Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 12:50

Ivan, you're lucky i'm not a moderator. Because when someone doesn't know the rules and teaches other person his misinterpreted ways, he deserve to be banned.

Laser Lock works only on the same model.

There is no need to threaten or insult other members. I recommend you re-read the forum rules. Thanks. -Mush
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 13:08

Steady on fella! My apologies for that!
I genuinely thought it was the unit not the model.
Just re-read the rule in my eldar codex page 62 if anyone else is interested.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 14:25

Yes, Laserlock only works for that model, so you would have to do scatter pulse on both to get re-rolls on both pulse lances

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09 2013, 11:41

Thanks for all of the information! They sound like they would be a good fit if we move to allow forge world. I may get one either way because I like the model a lot.

Forgeworld Hornets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Hornets   Forgeworld Hornets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgeworld Hornets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: