THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Won my first planetary empires today!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FullDE
Kabalite Warrior

Won my first planetary empires today! Empty
PostSubject: Won my first planetary empires today!   Won my first planetary empires today! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2013, 06:34

Started out with a manufactorium, and a spaceport, I didn't realise the importance, it was my first one.

They had it where it went deployment side you roll on, then you rolled for first turn. I hated that because that's different from sixth, and kicked the duke in the nuts.

First match, against Orks. I was able to win by getting linebreaker the final turn with a razorwing fighter. He also didn't have good rolls, and he didn't go for first blood and instead immoblized my close combat squad's raiders.

Second match, against Eldar. He stole initive off of me, then proceded to wipe the floor with me. However he had a few horrible rolls turn two. I was able to instagib Eldrad with a blaster, then hide my Arcon for the draw. Very close game.

Third match, against Space wolves /w Eldar allies. I used the night shields to my advantage for as long as I could, but his psycher's str 7 hits wrecked my vechicles badly. I eventually used my razorwing to turboboost to his objective denying it, and getting the win.

Semifinals (And by this point I had two manufactoriums, and a power station).

Played the Ork player again, defeated him because he built his list for killpoints, and played that way, I held the objective for the win. Very close game. But I even told him after, he's got to pay attention to the mission type. His mistake helped me win.

Finals

Played the Eldar player again (tonight infact), went back and fourth between us, he stole initive again (Seemed to be a trend), my quadgun stopped his 3 man warwalkers. In the end the shop was closing, so we ended on turn 4. Where I turboosted to stop his objective. I held mine. He had first blood and warlord, but I had linebreaker and a objective.

I was lucky though, none of my matches were killpoint. I did notice that even though I won, Dark Eldar need first turn to really shine, without it they tend to be at a huge disadvantage. Also I got to admit, the new codex is 1000x better then the old one, these were my first 5 games with it, and it's way more forgiving in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Won my first planetary empires today!   Won my first planetary empires today! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2013, 06:53

Vehicles arent denial units, that tactics is left in 5th edition. So you couldnt pull a win with Razorwing, unless you didnt mention it was a Big Guns Never Tire

The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Won my first planetary empires today!   Won my first planetary empires today! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2013, 08:22

unfortunately he's right. Flyers can't get line breaker or deny points.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Won my first planetary empires today!   Won my first planetary empires today! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2013, 18:09

Didn't realise that. I won most of my games via denying.  Embarassed I guess I owe second place 20 bucks. (It wasn't a big prize event). Since I lost several of the games without realising.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Won my first planetary empires today!   Won my first planetary empires today! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2013, 06:34

I wouldn't go so far as to say that you didn't get the win. If it was an honest mistake on your part and your opponents either did not catch it or did not care then basically house rule it was denial since you and your opponent agreed on that apparently lol.

Just for future reference though.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Won my first planetary empires today!   Won my first planetary empires today! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2013, 18:07

The Red King wrote:
I wouldn't go so far as to say that you didn't get the win. If it was an honest mistake on your part and your opponents either did not catch it or did not care then basically house rule it was denial since you and your opponent agreed on that apparently lol.

Just for future reference though.

Thanks for the heads up. Yea it's kinda accidently been a houserule at the club since we've been playing it that way since 6th came out not even realising it changed. My draw would have been a win if we realised, since he got linebreaker with warwalkers. Which would have changed everything.

I'll bring it up to them for the future though.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: Won my first planetary empires today!   Won my first planetary empires today! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2013, 18:42

It sounds like fun was had and that is the first rule in gaming. 6th ed. rules can be tricky also. We've been playing it since it came out and are still finding little things here and there. A lot of contradictions in it. Enjoy

Merry Christmas to all!!

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Won my first planetary empires today!   Won my first planetary empires today! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2013, 22:32

Yeah, I tied a game with a linebreaking flier once but it was against my jerkish room mate so he insisted we call it his win when we realized our mistake... even though I was one turn from tabling his dang spess furries and he only won because the store was closing, but thems the breaks lol

PostSubject: Re: Won my first planetary empires today!   Won my first planetary empires today! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Won my first planetary empires today!
Page 1 of 1