THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hejle
Slave

DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts Empty
PostSubject: DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts   DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 10:36

Another battle report against Faerrrd, a good friend of mine.

The Armies:

Assault Coven (DE)
HQ
1x Haemonculus w/power axe and liquifier Gun
1x Haemonculus w/power axe and shattershaErd

Elites
Grotesques
-2xGrotesque
-1xGrotesque w/liquifier gun
-1xAberation w/venom blade
-Raider w/dark lance, enchanced aethersails and shock prow

Troops
Wracks
-5xWracks w/ 1 liquifier guns

Wracks
-5 Wracks w/ 1 liquifier guns

Wracks
-3 Wracks

Heavy support
3xtalos with twinlinked liquifier guns and twinlinked haywire blasters

Gunline (IG)
HQ
Company Command Squad
-Autocannon team

Company Command Squad
-Autocannon team

Troops
Veteran squad
- 1xAutocannon team
- 7xVeteram
- 1xVeteran Sergeant

Veteran squad
- 1xAutocannon team
- 7xVeteram
- 1xVeteran Sergeant

Veteran squad
- 1xAutocannon team
- 7xVeteram
- 1xVeteran Sergeant

Veteran squad
- 1xAutocannon team
- 7xVeteram
- 1xVeteran Sergeant

Fast attack
Scout Sentinel

Elites
Marbo

Heavy Support
2 x Manicore
1 x Colossus

Deployment: Emperors Will
Mission: Crusade (3 objectives)
DE Warlord trait: stealth (ruins) move though cover (ruins)
IG Warlord trait: Can't remember

Terrain
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 2eyj6s5

Deployment
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 11kk3eh
It's night fight, Imperial guard deploys first. I respond by deploying my 2 empty raiders and my grot boat out of his range, he will be able to snap shot at a single empty raider with 1 autocannon if he moves up. The talos are in range of a lot of his army, but i think they can take the beating. My wracks stay in reserve to get in and camp the objective late game.

IG turn 1
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 14lj8e8
He moves his autocannon forward snapshoting at one raider gaining one hit, but failing to glance/pen. He inflicts one wound to two taloi.

DE turn 1
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 211uvqh
Taloi moves and runs forward, none of their haywire blasters are in range af any tanks. De Raiders rush forward to put presure on his lines. The empty raiders are close to the grot boat to pick up the grots if their boat goes down.

IG turn 2
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 15f0p4h
Marbo shows up in the ruin right behind my grot boat. His entire army shuffels and unload and the raiders. A lot of dice later he wrecks the grot boat, and explodes the to other raiders. The ordenace evaporates the grotesques with no save against the str 10 wasn't able to get them into area terrain to get them a cover save. The IG player gains first blood and slay the warlord.  

DE turn 2
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 2dh8kuo
Three units of wracks arrive from reserve jumping onto their objective. The talos rush forward. One makes an assault into some veterans, he only inflicts a single wound and they make their break test.

IG turn 3
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 2con28i
His sentinel fails to show up. His entire army kills one talos (me failing all my 3+ saves), he puts 1 wound on the other. His Colossus makes a direct hit on my wracks, with only their fell no pain to save them. He takes a huge chunk out of them but none of them breaks! One of his squads of veterans is running for my objective/line breaker. My talos inflict 5 wounds on the veterans and sweeping advances them and consilidate futher forward.

DE turn 3
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 1z34234
Talos moves forward, the twin-linked haywire blasters manages to take a single hull point af a tank. They both fail their charge (6'' and 8''). The wracjs shuffle so the upperfloor of the ruins hides them from barrage weapons.

IG turn 4
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 34rd85k
The sentinel arrives shooting at the wracks but fails to hurt them. His veterans surges further forward. His entire army shoots at the taloi but fails to hurt them.

DE turn 4
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 15ogtw2
a unit of 4 wracks assaults the sentinel to tire it up in close combat. One talos fails it charge. The other makes it but fails to destroy the tank. The sentinel fails to hit so the wracks still stall it in close combat.

IG turn 5
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts Zjb380
The last shot from the IG mannages to kill one talos. He snap fires at the wracks to no effect. The sentinel fails to hit so the wracks still stall it in close combat.

DE turn 5
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts Se6czl
The talos need to makes its 4'' charge, destroys the tank and consilidates 5'' getting it within 3'' of the objective. The sentinel fails to hit so the wracks still stall it in close combat.

IG turn 6
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts Vhu59i
The tank tank shocks the talos of the objective. The sentinel fails to hit so the wracks still stall it in close combat.

DE turn 6
DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts 2u94nxi
The Talos wrecks the tank parking on the objective and consilidates within 3'' of the objective. The sentinel fails to hit so the wracks still stall it in close combat.

DE 4 (objective, linebreaker) vs IG 3 (slay the warlord, linebreaker and first blood).

Dark Elder victory.

After game thoughts:
After turn 2 i was ready to call the game. Thankfully my talos pushed on. My opponent did some mistakes by letting me sling shot my talos forward against his objective. Talos are incredible tough, but i dont think the haywire blasters are worth it in this list.

Thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated

Cheers Hejle
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts   DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 18:35

I was looking at this and when I swa you lost that many troops on the second turn, I will admit it, I cringed. That was a massive hit in one turn. Still good come back, Talos pull their weight that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts   DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23 2014, 15:45

Thanks for the report.

I noticed a mistake: you do not get to consolidate after a cc vs. a vehicle - unless it's a walker.

You wrote in the beginning that there were 3 crusade objectives but I can only see 2 on the map?

I like tl-haywire blasters but I found the splinter cannon to be more in line with it's other weapons and switched to that (also makes it easier to earn pain tokens at range).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts   DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE Coven (talos heavy) vs IG 1000 pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: