THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. Empty
PostSubject: 1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.   1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 23:14

So I thought about having an incredibly fast list made of nearly all Jetbike. I've thrown in a couple of warrior Venoms just so there are 4 scoring units.

Baron

5 Warriors, Venom w/ 2xSC - 110

9 Reavers, Arena Champ w/VB, 3xHL - 249

3 Beast Masters, 5 Khymerae, 4 Razorwings - 156

Ravager - 105
Ravager - 105
Ravager - 105

Farseer w/JB

10 Windrider Guardians - 170
10 Windrider Guardians - 170

= 1500 points.

I think the general tactic would be to overload a certain flank either by deploying everything on one side or bluffing and quickly redeploying with the incredible mobility of 3 large jet bike squads. I'd then try to hit hard and fast with lots of target saturation.

How viable do you think this list would be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.   1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 10:18

Very cool list. Those Windraiders would like to have cannons though so that they cvan be used to shoot stuff from 24" away.

Beast pack is a model "5th ed" More dogs is todays trend.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.   1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 11:07

Hmm…where should I find the 60 points to get those cannons?

Is the modern thinking to have 10 Khymerae and just two Beast masters? Or two more beast masters to keep the Razorwings?

Also, has anyone tried running the Baron with Warp Spiders? Or anything else from the Eldar Codex for that matter?
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.   1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 11:16

mug7703 wrote:
Hmm…where should I find the 60 points to get those cannons?

Is the modern thinking to have 10 Khymerae and just two Beast masters? Or two more beast masters to keep the Razorwings?

Also, has anyone tried running the Baron with Warp Spiders? Or anything else from the Eldar Codex for that matter?

There is a thread regarding the viability of running the Baron with Swooping Hawks, in which I stated that I personally don't think it's worth it. I really wouldn't think it would be in the case of Warp Spiders either, he'd actually slow them down. They really need to use their speed to close with the enemy, then duck back into cover, which would leave the Baron swinging in the wind somewhat.

Ten Khymerae and two Razorwings would probably serve you better than what you have at the moment - the invulnerable saves mean that they'll actually get there for the flocks to use their rending attacks, whereas in their current setup they're likely to take too many casualties to be really effective. Ten Khymerae and four Razorwings could work really nicely in terms of dishing out damage though, it just depends how many points you're prepared to invest in that unit.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.   1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 11:27

Remove a Ravager for Cannons and a Shard of Anaris for the Jetseer. I would also suggest that 9 windraiders in squad is almost as good as 10. That would leave points for more Khymerae. 10 (9)+2 is a good combination.

I use Blasters on Reavers for better range and monsterkilling abilities but some have found good payout from heat lances too.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.   1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 13:44

Thanks for your input. I like the sound of that Beast pack setup. I don't think I'd get the SoA for the Jetseer as I'd like to run him with the beast pack or the other squads and have him buff their leadership. It saves 40points as well.

I agree about the 9 man Windrider squads I just had leftover points in the other list. I also like Blasters on Reavers but with 9 Long range lances and a list that is quite aggressive, I'd like to have the added reliability of popping tanks with 3 HLs.

How about something like this (I haven't dropped a Ravager because I just think they're too good to drop. I always use 3 in every game that is 1000+ points and they're even better with a Farseer running around twin-linking a couple every turn. It's a shame I've had to drop 3 Jetbikes though.):

Baron

9 Reavers, Arena Champ w/VB, 3xHL - 249

3 Beast Masters, 10 Khymerae, 2 Razorwings - 186

Ravager - 105
Ravager - 105
Ravager - 105

Farseer w/JB + Singing Spear - 120

9 Windrider Guardians, 3xSC - 183
6 Windrider Guardians, 2xSC - 122

= 1500 points.

What do you guys think of this?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.   1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27 2014, 09:09

New list looks very good.

Beast benefit greatly from fearlessness early game. Even with LD10 They can run off at the wrong time. And with flocks there is a real fear of losing a cc by a lot. 5 wounds for combat resolution is not easy to compensate when it gets hit by S6 blow. Anyway consider changeing farseers spear to Grissly Trophies to a skimmer that can stay close to Farseer.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.   1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27 2014, 10:49

I've used the grisly trophies before for the Farseer, and they are golden. They mean you get to re-roll a double 6 or an 11 result on a psychic test and can still expend a warp charge to avoid perils on a double 1 - you basically don't have to worry about it happening. I've actually had more use from them for that purpose than I ever did when they were just supposed to buff troops.

Shard of Anaris is a good idea for the beasts too, even if it is expensive. Maybe something to consider at a higher points level if you can't accommodate it now. Shrinking the 9 man Windrider squad could be a way to get it in though, it might be more bodies than you need in a unit that's not really that good on the offensive.

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.   1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 point Reaver/Eldar Jetbike list for scrutiny.
Page 1 of 1