THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar   Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2014, 18:39

Greetings,

Every Friday (When I am home early), I go to my FLGS to play some games.
Often, there is this one WAAC Tau dude (The usual: bends the rules, claims things, rolls his warlord trait behind a box to get Exemplar of a Selfless Cause, Complains about his bad dice luck all game long, etc.)

His list is typically something like:

Ethereal
2x6 Fire Warriors
Squad of Kroot (I believe 16, Sniper rounds here)
Pathfinders (With the gun upgrade that most suits him in the particular scenario)
Riptide with Ion Accelerator (And again, tailored upgrades)
2 Hammerheads, Railguns+Submunitions (1 Longstrike, both with Move Through Cover and +1 Cover)

He finds a big piece of terrain, slaps his army onto it and shoots all game long.

I think it's time to crush him (Because I'd rather play a game than not play a game on friday)

What would be the best setup to crush this guy? (My FLGS is usually okay with proxies, as long as you dont overdo it, or take paper cutouts)

I have:
Bunch of farseers, also on bike
Some warlocks (some on bike, not enough to form a full seerstar)
A couple striking Scorpions
Bunch of jetbikes
Rangers
Wraithguard + Wave Serpent
Vypers
Warp Spiders
Wraithknight (Only 1, sadly)
Fire Prisms/Night Spinners
Crimson Hunter

Archon
Succubus
Haemo
Kabalite Warriors/Trueborn
10 Wyches
9 Reavers
5 Incubi
2 Raiders
3 Venoms
Some hellions (Could use these with my LotR wargs to proxy a beastpack)
2 Razorwings

(Sorry for kinda long post, and mod please move if this is wrong section of forum Wink  )
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar   Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2014, 21:08

Sounds like your opponents attitude sucks but honestly his list is rather friendly. The sit and shoot thing is more a trait of tau than of the player.. although im sure more defensive players gravitate to tau for that very reason. The most mobile elements are suits which jump out to shoot then jump back to hide or else DS, riptides, and outflanking kroot.

You have plenty of models that will be effective to choose from especially since eldar tend to hard counter tau anyway.
If trying to tailor against him you could easily mech up with Eldar primary.. mini jetlock council (will still be uber vs his unfocused list), WG serpent, 3-4 x 3 windriders, X spiders, wraithknight, 2 night spinners.

DE add haemie, 2 venoms + NS and troops, 1 venom + NS and splinterborn, and beasts you spoke of. IF you have appropriate model use baron instead of haemie (and even beast star instead of jetlocks if you like).  

It wont be pretty and he probably wont be happy but it will do the trick. If you spend a little more time on the list im sure you could make it better.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar   Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02 2014, 09:58

Brom already gave you good advice. How many points are you playing?

Eldar/DE is way better than Tau. And his list seems to be very friendly. Serpents (ignore cover shield) and night spinners (S8 against less than I3)work very well together. And even a normal bike unit of 9 with three cannons supported by bikelock and two jetseers (fortune fearless) is very killy against most targets and can get around Taus greatest benefit of ignore cover. NS venoms can kill those pathfinders and firewarriors very easy even if they go to ground for more protection. Serpent shield is good here too. A WK to soak wounds is good too.

Khymerastar can by it self run over his hist in 3 turns.

As for rolling behind scenary you could always ask a friend to stand by him all game to watch the rolls. Or go there by your self in the beginning of the game. There is no rule that you have to be on opposite sides of the board the whole time.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar   Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02 2014, 14:07

Alright, Thanks for the advice guys,

Just wondering, why take night spinner over Fire Prism?
and, Crystal Targetting matrix into Torrent or just sit behind a wall and take shots all game?

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar   Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02 2014, 14:12

Indirect fire. S7/8 large blast. but it needs twinlinking to work well.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar   Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02 2014, 16:31

We usually play around 1K to 1500 points, thinking of (for a 1K game):
Farseer - Bike
3 Warlocks - Bikes
3x 3 Jetbikes + Cannons
10 Warp Spiders
2x Night Spinner with Holo Fields

leaving me with about 100 points to play with,
what would work best?

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar   Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03 2014, 12:57

Almost but not quite there. Lets not forget the venoms. NS venoms cost 75 and are very good against TAU. 2 ns venoms in a DE allies cost minimiun of 260pts and it cludes two scoring troops.

Those jetbike units are too small to do anything and are easy to kill with tau firepower. Nor is your counsel big enough to face them alone. I would also not to take any upgrades on spinners. The big spider unit should be two separate.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar   Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti Tau with Dark/Craftworld Eldar
Page 1 of 1