THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.

Go down 
+59
Ynneadwraith
wormfromhell
still-young
stilgar27
Hellstrom
BlackCadian
Mononcule
WadoW
flakmonkey
Erebus
Tengu
DingK
The_Burning_Eye
The Shredder
Izaeus
Kir Shadowwalker
Jimsolo
melkorthetonedeaf
solar shock
SERAFF
Creeping Darkness
facelessabsalom
CheeZe
Louxman
rotforge
SebastionSynn
Tangentical
Starkey
Lay_Ayanesha
Skyfish
Jpogfreak886
NiteOwl
Normski
Nezumi
Siticus the Ancient
RazorBryce
thelordcal
kokigami
Chaeril
tlronin
Count Adhemar
Levitas
yukisaiko
Vael Galizur
jb7090
abjectus
Lazarus
Mr Believer
Local_Ork
darkmark
Tiri Rana
Raucir Lustingclaw
Plague
Saintspirit
Gobsmakked
Dr. Thodt
Thor665
Nepenthe
speedfreek
63 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. Empty
PostSubject: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2011, 10:56

I think it would be good to have a place where everyone could gather their different findings of other manufacurers models that can be well suited to use in a Dark Eldar army.

Starting of with a Lady Malys from Freebooter Miniatures
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. ASS008_jh_7802
http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/en/catalog/421

I for myself, always use only GW-parts for GW games, but it's always nice to have some inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2011, 12:47

That's absolutely brilliant. Especially if you consider the (possible) Laughing God connection of her back story - her mask makes her look half harlequin. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2011, 16:21

I'll add;

Pretty much the ENTIRE Cryx line from Privateer press;

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. Warwitch-deneghra-variant
I ran the Warwich here as a Dracite (now as a Succubus)
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. Brute-thrall
Though I haven't done it, their Warjacks and Thralls make great Pain Engines or Grotesques.
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. Necrosurgeon-and-stitch-thralls
I run the cutie in the middle as a Haemon.
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. Scrap-thralls
Run these as Wracks in amongst my old Grot models.

Awesome line, awesome miniatures.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Thodt
Slave
Dr. Thodt

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2011, 17:50

As a cheaper alternative, I intended to use the Cryx Slaver and Drudges as an Haemonculi and Wracks...
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. Cephalyx-drudges-CLPD
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/cythron
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2011, 19:10

Cryx is the shizzle, to use the vulgar argot.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2011, 21:00

This Elf Hero with Phoenix from Gamezone has a suitably Eldar-look and feel. Could be an Archon with a solitary Razorwing sitting on his arm.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/miniatures/gamezone-miniatures/gamezone-miniatures-elves-elf-hero-with-phoenix-1.html

http://gamezoneminiatures.de/elfen/infanterie/elfen-held-mit-phoenix.html

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. Gzm0303_1

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 15:52

I just ordered two hasslefree minis for my "counts as wracks". Let's just say that I prefer my own vision of the Haemacolytes, as I do of the Haemies themselves.

So, let's meet the two battlefield assistants:
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. 168456b
(Valaska Syn)
and
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. 721781a
Liralith B

Also a bunch of naked metal girlies to go with my GW slave girls, since you guys convinced me to objectify women. They have a pretty good selection. Next, some Werner Klocke nurses or something for more Haemacolytes.

That Valaska girl seems a lot ruder now that I linked her. Oops. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 10:43

Sorry about the double post, but this one seems like another pretty neat female Archon/Hierarch or something similar...

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. Asharah-SF-master-blog-04

Multiple arms and heads, by Raging Heroes. (Still can't post links, will add it next week if I remember). (It's also on the embedded image, as long as that works). Smile
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 12:32

I'd like that one. And that head is so Dark Eldar like I could buy that model just for the head.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 14:47

Saintspirit wrote:
I'd like that one. And that head is so Dark Eldar like I could buy that model just for the head.
I think it has three alternative heads, so if the scale is good, it might be a good source of bits in general...

Late edit instead of double posting: I bought a pretty big pile of freebooter minis for my Haemacolyte project. Goal was to find kind of kinky-looking female in minimal armor and fairly static poses. Apparently, this is right up Werner Klocke's alley. I'd post links, but they're NSFW and I don't want to really toe the line. Let's just say that it's difficult for me in general, nudity being a lot more commonplace in our culture.

The reason for the whole project is that my haemonculus's gimmick is to make an army of female super soldiers instead of guys with 1-2 heads with cages on them... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 01:04

That Ashara is amazing! I've been wanting to get a second Archon but I hate having duplicate figures for HQ's. I'll be ordering one when she's available.

I'm using Valaska Syn from Hasselfree as Lady Malys but I need to find something to replace the axe. It doesn't look very Dark Eldar like in my opinion. I might use one of the swords from Ashara. I know the codex says she uses fans but I'm having a heck of a time finding miniature size fans and I don't think it would look right with Valaska Syn's pose. It says something in the codex about her having a very unique sword though so I figure I could have her leaning on her sword with fans hanging over her shoulders, or something.

Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 12:18

Nepenthe wrote:
Sorry about the double post, but this one seems like another pretty neat female Archon/Hierarch or something similar...

Sold out? SOLD OUT? SOLD OUT!?

FFFFFFFFFFF-*blip* I need one. Give me yours. You don't need it.

Love,

Raucir

Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 15:25

How can it be sold out, if it's not yet available?

I think you mixed it up with the fantasy version, wich is still available in 28mm as aniversary edition.

The SciFi variant should become available mid-august.

Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 16:08

Plague wrote:

I'm using Valaska Syn from Hasselfree as Lady Malys but I need to find something to replace the axe. It doesn't look very Dark Eldar like in my opinion. I might use one of the swords from Ashara. I know the codex says she uses fans but I'm having a heck of a time finding miniature size fans and I don't think it would look right with Valaska Syn's pose. It says something in the codex about her having a very unique sword though so I figure I could have her leaning on her sword with fans hanging over her shoulders, or something.
Missed this one earlier for some reason.

I'm thinking of using a chopper up hellglaive (with the other glaive blade cut off) on my Valaska, but she's not trying to be anyone in particular. Malys has a kind of djinn blade on her, so if you could find some kind of epic scimitar or something, it might be a bit closer to the mark. Too bad the pose kind of calls for it to be big... not sure how it would look like if she had a smaller blade, in the huskblade scale, propped up on some object on the base...

And yeah, the new model is.... not sold out, as it hasn't been up even for preorder. Smile
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 20:27

Raging Heroes made slave girls, Eleriel and Alaniel, that would have been great for objective markers. Unfortunately they are sold out now and will probably never be ran again. Sad

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. Eleriel-et-Alaniel-1-en

Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 21:18

Yeah those were awesome, they are available at 54mm though.
Maybe for a great terrain or objective marker as statues, but they come at a hefty price of 35€.

speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 09:25

Razorwing batswarm
http://www.masq-mini.com/aid-229-Batswarm-Kit.html
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 10:05

Tiri Rana wrote:
Maybe for a great terrain or objective marker as statues, but they come at a hefty price of 35€.

I contacted Raging Heroes and they said that a new and improved sculpt of Eleriel and Alaniel would be released in the next 8 weeks. Can't wait to get a 28mm version!

Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 11:41

Plague wrote:
Tiri Rana wrote:

I contacted Raging Heroes and they said that a new and improved sculpt of Eleriel and Alaniel would be released in the next 8 weeks. Can't wait to get a 28mm version!

Finger on the preorder trigger finger, here! Thanks for looking into it!
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2011, 13:11

I've been looking at this as one of my "haemacolytes" (she even has the two requisite weapons)... yet every time I load up that page, I fall out of my chair laughing. (Hint: it's in comments section, referring to the kind of miniatures the commentor wishes the author would paint) Very Happy

Also, Asharah's now available for pre-order
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2011, 13:41

Nepenthe wrote:

Pre-ordered'd! I think I love her. o_o

As for the other model, it's pretty cool, but I've never really been a fan of the butt-hanging-out kind of models. I always feel like a bit of a heel for even looking at them on CMON. That one doesn't look like she'd make a very impressive commander without a bunch of extra bits and gubbins, but as a Wych she's definitely serviceable.

Raucir

Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2011, 15:19

Raucir Lustingclaw wrote:
Nepenthe wrote:

Pre-ordered'd! I think I love her. o_o

As for the other model, it's pretty cool, but I've never really been a fan of the butt-hanging-out kind of models. I always feel like a bit of a heel for even looking at them on CMON. That one doesn't look like she'd make a very impressive commander without a bunch of extra bits and gubbins, but as a Wych she's definitely serviceable.

Raucir

She's going to be a "wrack" for my "trying to create an army of female super soldiers" haemonculus. A bit of Moonraker and Octopussy, maybe. I should update my project log, I think.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Raging heroe's Asharah SF   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 16:19

Hi,
Just seen that Raging Heroes Sci Fi Asharah is up for order. She'll certainly make a cool character for DE imo. Looky here:

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/asharah-sf-28mm

Cool
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 17:18

I believe that model has already been showed somewhere here, I think it was at the Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models topic.

But it is indeed a very cool model.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 18:21

*merged darkmark's thread from 'DE News & Rumour*

Yes, an absolutely beautiful model and I will also consider getting one for sure, but I can't help looking at it and seeing the clearly DE-influenced olde-style pistol and the Incubi-ish helmet and sword. And even the armour.

Raging Heroes is obviously going to fill a hole in the market and props to them for doing so, but I can also see GW and Jes sitting back and grinding their teeth over this.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Thu Aug 25 2011, 18:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next