THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venom spam vs Green tide.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

Venom spam vs Green tide. Empty
PostSubject: Venom spam vs Green tide.   Venom spam vs Green tide. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 19:26

Haven't faced green tide yet, wondering how folks think this list would fare against it?

HQ:

Haemunculus, liquifier gun, venom blade, casket of flensing

Baron Sathonyx

Troops:

10 Kabalite Warriors, splinter cannon; Raider
10 Kabalite Warriors, splinter cannon; Raider
9 Kabalite Warriors, blaster; Raider (with haemy)
5 Kabalite Warriors, blaster; Venom

Elites:

3 Trueborn, w/ 2 splinter cannons; Venom

Fast Attack:

5 Beast Masters
- 6 Razorwing flocks
- 10 Khymerae

Dedicated Transports:

Raider, splinter racks
Raider, splinter racks
Raider
Venom, Dual splinter cannon

Heavy Support:

Ravager, Triple Dark Lance
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Venom spam vs Green tide.   Venom spam vs Green tide. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 19:51

You win.

django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Venom spam vs Green tide.   Venom spam vs Green tide. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 19:53

Skulnbonz wrote:
You win.

That easy?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Venom spam vs Green tide.   Venom spam vs Green tide. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 20:13

Not really, depends on the quality of the Ork player and his list, and also the map and mission.

You do look to have enough tools to chew through Orks pretty well. If he's running behind a Kan wall that might pose some issues for you, especially if he's pairing it with a lot of Lootas. With your list I would make your focal point to dakka Lootas to death/morale failure asap - those are a point and kill unit to any of your vehicles. If he's running behind a kan wall focus lances there above all else. Be mindful of getting too close to the Orks, they want to be able to trigger assaults for extra movement. The best goal for you is to pepper down a mob at a time and once it is in a weakened state send in the Baron and his uber pile of beasts to mop up the survivors. The Beasts will absolutely roflstomp a weakened mob on the charge, but you don't want to give the Orks too many chances to get in the charge on you as it will drastically up their damage potential, and they do have the weight of attacks to drag down your beasts over time, and against green tide maneuverability is not as good a defense so you'll want that beast buffer line to protect your mobile gunline.

Keep in mind that once any theory kan wall is gone, that about the best use for your Trueborn likely goes down in value, as a proper Tide lacks any vehicles outside of walkers - maybe shoot up some Nobz if they are there, but remember your Trueborn can work well as a sacrifice unit to gum up the Orks and force them to assault a tiny squad to help protect your units capable of hurting the mobs functionally. Same goes for Ravagers also.

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Venom spam vs Green tide.   Venom spam vs Green tide. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 20:42

lol pretty much that easy, yes.
Like thor said, lootas first. If you can, focus fire on those greenies out of cover, they will get no save.
Hit and run, Hit and run, dance around them and the game is yours.

django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Venom spam vs Green tide.   Venom spam vs Green tide. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 21:05

I think he's bringing like 180 boys and some lootas. Maybe some bikes and trucks
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Venom spam vs Green tide.   Venom spam vs Green tide. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 21:52

@Skulnbonz - If the Ork Green Tide player knows even basic Tide tactics, just saying hit and run is a bit misleading. You're generally obligated to a slow fall back after an initial push forward, maybe near the tail end you'd have enough room for a flat out to shift you outside the green morass. But that's debatable with the way they gimped that maneuver.

I would toss out though, that against green tide it does help to try to slide lengthwise across the table, to gak with his ability to press at you easily.

@django - Bikes and Trukks? Trukks certainly have no real purpose in a propah tide list. Sounds maybe like a combo Speed Freak/Tide list. That will probably work out pretty well for you, DE can rip that apart a bit easier as the Trukks will die quick and easy and he's losing out on Troop mass in adding them. Bikes can be obnoxious with their cover saves and dakka output, and are a solid threat to your skimmers. I'd consider them a prime secondary target after the Lootas are dismantled. I'm guessing he's using them in lieu of Kans...? I dunno, either way they'd be a good thing to kill.

I'd put your target priority as this;
Dakka the Lootas and remove them.
Lances/Blasters take out Trukks - be mindful of getting Blasters in too close to big herds of boyz when doing this, but dismantle the trukks and make the trukk boyz walk asap.
After the Lootas are gone shoot up the bikes if they are in a position to put a hurt on you - you can always nail them with the beast pack if needed, but it would be advantageous to weaken them with shooting first as Beasts aren't at their best versus T5 models.
Otherwise pour fire into big mobs - when a mob is down to 10-15 ladz the Beasts can snack on it, with the goal of protecting your gunline.
Once vehicles are dead the Trueborn (but not the Venoms) and the Ravagers are best used as speed bumps or mobile blocking terrain - force Orks to assault and explode Ravagers, dropping terrain and burning wrecks in their path as exploding vehicles kill a small pile of Orks every time.
Keep focus dakka on a mob at a time until it is too small to threaten the beasts, then start in on the next one.

That's how I'd do it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom spam vs Green tide.   Venom spam vs Green tide. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom spam vs Green tide.
Page 1 of 1