THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lady Aurelia Malys

Go down 
+7
Count Adhemar
Archon Rievect
Massaen
Black Death
Unorthodoxy
average joe
Devilogical
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 18:29

I realy like her background. I feel like it`s woman of my dream (someone i can call "mistress" without hesitation  Smile ) but she awful on the field (i tried her so hard  Sad ) We have so much better choises.

What did u think?
Will she stay in our upcoming codex? If she will, GW changes her? Or at least, can they give her a beautiful model?

I was thinking of it lately, and this is came at my mind:

What if Crystal heart could give you same amount of dices to deny, as your apponent use to cast spell? I think its far better, then just to be immune to psychic power by herself.

And i think she realy need some special rule, wich would give her an ability to buff some units. Think of it. She is strategic mastermind, similar to Vect himself (and me, ofcource  Razz ). It would be great, if she have like "D3 units recieve one special rule from this list... bla-bla-bla" I think "Interceptor" would be fine, some aditional firepower against enemy flyers or something. Maybe infiltrate or scout, or outflank.

So, any ideas?

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 22:44

If GW follows what is becoming their SOP, the recent 'Nids dex, they will cut her from the next codex as another miniature maker has made a model that obviously is meant to represent the Lady Malys, down to the fan as a detail incorporated into the model. You can find the model in another one of TDC's threads. I'd be pleasantly surprised if GW did otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 22:46

I think she's cool and all but I have never tried her because she's not an eternal warrior. T3... Even makes me sad to take Archons. They are just so vulnerable.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2014, 09:27

Unorthodoxy wrote:
I think she's cool and all but I have never tried her because she's not an eternal warrior.  T3...  Even makes me sad to take Archons.  They are just so vulnerable.

Like almost everithing in our codex  Very Happy 

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2014, 01:49

weeeeel... You will note that my list is not posessed of the usual Dark Eldar weaknesses as a rule.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2014, 15:18

Unorthodoxy wrote:
weeeeel...  You will note that my list is not posessed of the usual Dark Eldar weaknesses as a rule.

haemi?

Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 08:40

I've used her, even did a conversion for her. The nice thing about her is the no psychic attacks allowed. But again, hard to keep her alive.

Klaivex
Massaen

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 10:20

What are everyone's thoughts on the way crystal heart is worded? Essentially she and her unit would not be worried about invisibility for example

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 01:32

I think she would be neat to run also but since she is a bit fragile, I would like to make the following suggestions for her--

1. eternal warrior
2. in the book(s) she can wave her steel fan at opponents and basically throwing knives fly out of the Fan.... I say make the fan launch d6 Poisoned Throwing blades,spikes,etc, that wound on 4+ and have a template as a range.
3. Her sword should wound on a 4+, not 5........
4. Save should be a 2+/ 4+inv at least.......

I mean, come on she costs what 150pts!

I really have doubts that GW proof reads some of their Codexes,FAQ's etc..
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 10:00

What you suggest makes no sense at all for dark eldar! Look at her in context and comparison to the other entries, not against other dex

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 10:32

Massaen wrote:
What you suggest makes no sense at all for dark eldar! Look at her in context and comparison to the other entries, not against other dex

I agree. 2+/4++ save? On a woman dressed in lingerie? Why on earth would she have Eternal Warrior?

Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 16:22

wow..just thought I would post a couple suggestions,not saying it must be.. hit your retro jets you 2'. ok then, let see what you guys would list as meaningful changes to maybe help her survive....unless you have no problem with her surviving and at least killing her points cost at least half the time..... she is like my Razorwing fighter.. that damn thing is a 190 point clay pigeon, has never even come close to killing  it points cost or even making it past 1 turn before it's blown from the sky..

I will stick by the weapons changes I suggested for her sword and steel fan...

Still say some tweaks should be done to either toughness or strength. Yea in combat she can hit technically 2/3 of the time but needing a 5 at least to wound is a joke.

Basically for the price she gets pummeled too easily.
Love the LLahmaean model I use for her though.
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 16:39

I feel the djinn blade should be a Huskblade. I also feel she should have a Shadowfield and her 'Precog' save. I see that she is a "buff"/support HQ, but she is underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 17:27

Eternal Warrior isn't justifiable for most of the characters in our book. Maybe her more than some others, with her demonic heart and all, but still not necessary. A shadowfield would be good for her, but she's not really supposed to be put in a position to need it. For her points (which are less than 150) she's pretty good. Unless eight weapon skill seven attacks on the charge at initiative seven is a bad thing  Wink 

Seriously though, I understand what you mean about her strength, but that's just something you have to get used to with Dark Eldar. Even Lelith, who torrents the enemy with attacks, has a hard time with that. Imparting a choice of special rules to nearby units would nicely represent her strategies, I'd like to see that. Too bad we won't.

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 18:05

Lelith is a mere 130 points.  If it really bothers you not having better than Strength/Toughness 3 with no Eternal Warrior, then I'm sorry, you're playing the wrong army.  The way I made Malys better in my codex is like this: Instead of her Precog. rule giving her a flat 4+ invulnerable (which is as good as most Marines get, btw) it works like this (excerpt from fan codex)

"Roll separately for each enemy model’s attacks against Malys in close combat. Before Lady Malys would take any wounds or attempt any saves in close combat, roll 2D6.  If the sum of the 2D6 is less than or equal to 2 plus the difference between Lady Malys’ WS and her foe’s WS, and the difference between her Initiative and her foe’s Initiative, then she ignores the wound completely.  Should Lady Malys be hit by multiple attackers during a single initiative step, each attacker subtracts 1 from the value Malys must roll equal to or under in order to ignore the save (it gets harder for Malys to predict when there are too many foes) to a minimum of zero.  For example:  Malys is in combat with three Space Marine Assault Marines.  She would need to roll equal to or under 8 (2 + (7-4) + (7-4)) for the first marine’s attacks, 7 for the second marine’s attacks, and 6 for the third marine’s attacks.  Each attack must be rolled for separately.  Do this for each initiative step in which Malys receives attacks.  Had the third Marine wielded a power fist (Initiative 2), then Malys would have needed 8, then 7, then 10 (2 + (7-4) + (7-2))."

There are a few other minor changes.  I gave her a shoulder-mounted Heat Lance called the Cold Shoulder, and a 15 point increase to 145.  I changed the wording of the Crystal Heart so that she is immune to the effects of Perils too, now that a Psyker in her unit could potentially hurt her otherwise.  She would also ignore invisible, etc.

Keep in mind she must roll separately for each wound she suffers. Her precog. save is still like a save in that regard.

Please let me know if you think that it is too overpowered. I like it because it is fluffy and that depending on what army you're facing you can put her in a safer combat as opposed to a more dangerous combat, but this way she is usually pretty safe in a challenge, or facing small enemy units (preferably with the WS/I of Tau).

On the other hand, I think it makes sense that she wouldn't want to be facing a swarm because she can't predict/dodge the moves of 30 Hormagaunts.

Please avoid double, or in this case, quadruple posting. Use the edit function - Count Adhemar

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 23:16

That's far too wordy and overcomplicated. Also horrendously time consuming. Rather than a save which is simply "I need a 4+ and have 3 saves *rolls*... 2, 3, 5, I take two wounds", you have "Ok, so the first guy at initiative 4 swings... *opponent rolls to hit* *opponent rolls to wound*... right, now I have to do maths to see what I need *does maths* ok, I need 8 or under on 2d6 *rolls dice* 6, I pass. Now, the next guy...."

Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 23:44

Hmm, I really like that 'cold shoulder' thing Very Happy  you added.

I am surprised no one has commented on my idea of her fan shooting out d6,poisoned 4+ darts,stilletos,etc with range of a flame template... would maybe help if charged or if someone does decide to charge her unit in to CC.......it basically does this in the 'fluff' and in 'Path of the Archon"- which is a cool read... need rules for some new weapons(or old ones from way back when), I do not want to spoil so will not name the weapon system....

I guess we will just have to see what happens with the changes... I guess it is just comparing the costs of our characters and some upgrades and units to other equivalent choices in the other armies, I just think quite a bit id over priced points wise... now even is some stuff modded by 5 points or or some weapon options were available to other units,say Trueborn can get HW blasters instead of just scourges, scourges maybe dropped a couple,few points.......
I really like the look of the models and want to have fun playing a good game(do not care if I am beaten so long as it is a full on 'bar room brawl' and not a punking...

I will also admit I am not a Haemi fan and do not run wracks and grotesques...... guess I am too vain on my army looking good and I do not have the best luck keeping things like arco flagies,Grotesques,anything where they die or you roll to see if they die at the end of every turn....like tossing points away..

Anyway thank you for the discussion, the dark eldar do have cool models and some characters need models since they are mentioned but no models,possibly no stats,etc....

Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 03:15

Hmmm, I guess you're right Panic Puppet, I should try and simplify her rule.  I think I can figure this one out. Will post when I am finished.

Here we go, this is simpler, but the key principle I wanted is there. On the whole I think Malys is less safe so I took 5 points off.

"Lady Malys has a 4+ Dodge save just like a Wyche. However, because her dodge save is not based off of reflexes but of logic, she adds 1 to her Dodge save if the enemy attacking her has lower Initiative or Weapon skill, and if both characteristics are lower than hers, she adds 2. If the enemy attacking her has higher Initiative or Weaponskill, subtract 1, and if both characteristics are higher than hers, subtract 2."

What do you think, now is it simple enough?

Small change; Malys has a 5+ dodge save that can be improved in the above way.

Once again, please avoid double/triple/quadruple posts. USE THE EDIT FUNCTION - Count Adhemar

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lady Aurelia Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Aurelia Malys   Lady Aurelia Malys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady Aurelia Malys
Page 1 of 1