THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yriel
Slave
Yriel

Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850 Empty
PostSubject: Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850   Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 14:20

First time playing Eldar or Dark Eldar in 12 years, looking for some advice.  I wanted an army with a theme (Iyanden with their pirate allies) but still be competitive.  Any advice or critiques would be welcomed! Let me know what you think!  Currently I am two points over and I need to drop something as well.

Primary- Iyanden

HQ:
Spiritseer

Troops:
1. 5 Wraithguard with wraith cannons
     -Wave Serpent with Shuriken Cannon and Twin-Linked Scatter Laser

2. 5 Wraithguard with D-Sycthe
     -Wave Serpent with Shuriken Cannon and Twin-Linked Scatter Laser

Fast Attack:
Crimson Huner with pulse laser and star cannons

Heavy Support:
1.  Wraithknight with scatter laser and two wraith cannons

2. Wraithlord with Bright lance, ghostglaive and two flamers

3. Wraithlord with bright lance, ghostglaive and two flamers

Allies:

HQ:
Archon with Blaster, shadow field and venom blade

Troops:
1. 9 warriors with splinter cannon and blaster
    -Raider with dark lance

2. 9 warriors with splinter cannon and blaster
    -Raider with dark lance

Total: 1852
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850   Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2014, 01:53

I can't speak too much to the craftworld elements but I can to the Dark Eldar element. What purpose are you attempting to have with the addition? Poison? If so I would drop the extra weapons and just run warriors with rifles and add splinter racks on the raiders to reroll all those shots. Ideally though you are better off with swapping transports and having cheap 5 man kalabite....or haywire Wyches for the serpents and the wraiths into raiders for the open top shooting albeit more fragile but you would still have to hop out of the serpents to shoot anyway.

I get your theme but be prepared for others to suggest dropping the two lords for a second knight. I would drop the scatter laser on the existing one though for more points, it's wasted considering the cannons will be shooting at completely different targets. Dark Eldar hq could prob afford something cheaper like a nice 50 pt haemonculous to give feel no pain on a unit. Given that you want wraiths which are naturally more expensive it's hard to have points for allies whereas bikes or avengers in serpent spam allow points for dark kin skimmer support.

My two cents for now. :-) welcome to the dark city btw ;-)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850   Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 08:16

Not seeing quite why you brought allies although the poison makes sense I guess if you went up against monstrous creatures.

For the CWE portion though I think it looks pretty solid. I've never used Wraith Cannons before on Wraithguard so let me know how it works for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850   Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 13:48

I like the list as a whole! You are going for some tough meanies with quicker objective capturing elements from DE as well as some nice poison to take on larger monstrosities. However, I have a few suggestions:
-Drop the scatter laser from the WK...you can only fire 2 weapons in a turn and I promise it will be the cannons everytime! So there is like 10-15 points you save right there.
-Your warrior squads are illegal. You need 10 man squads in order to take a splinter cannon. My suggestion would be to drop the raiders for venoms and switch to 5 man squads with blasters-if you wanted the blaster while maintaining lots of poison. Obviously, you need your archon to be able to join someone, maybe pop him in with the WG in a serpent and ride around with them shooting things up. Your other option of course is to simply add in the last guy you need for each squad which I would then go ahead and drop the blaster (you would be mixing AT and AI in a not so useful way...and you don't need AT when you have wraith things everywhere!) I would also think about splinter racks if you have the points if you just go for all the warriors with splinter cannon on boats!

Honestly this looks like a blast to play! The serpents are rock solid and I like WG with cannons as S10 against T5 bikes and the like will cry. I also like the WK with dually Wraithlords! It gives you more models (target saturation) for your opponent to worry about while keeping costs in check.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850   Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 14:59

I'll make some suggestions ...

Archon - huskblade/venom blade, shadowfield, combat drugs - this is what I think you need you need although a cheaper HQ would suffice - succubus if you just want a cc HQ.

Warriors - squad of ten splinter cannon, raider with dissies splinter racks ... this will definately shore up your dakka. You have enough AT already.

WK - Get rid of the scatterlaser of the WK as Ligs suggested

WLs - I get you want a themed wraith list - BUT three warwalkers outflanking with star cannons or scatterlasers are IMHO better.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Yriel
Slave
Yriel

PostSubject: Re: Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850   Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 18:06

Thank you all for your suggestions, much appreciated!  I moved some things around and this is what I came up with...

Primary- Iyanden

HQ:
Spiritseer (with WG)

Spirtiseer (with WG)

Troops:
1. 5 Wraithguard with wraith cannons
    -Wave Serpent with Holo Field, Shuriken Cannon and Twin-Linked Scatter Laser

2. 5 Wraithguard with D-Sycthe
    -Wave Serpent with Holo Field,  Shuriken Cannon and Twin-Linked Scatter Laser

3. 3 Wind Riders

4. 3 Wind Riders

Fast Attack:
Crimson Huner with pulse laser and star cannons

Heavy Support:
1.  Wraithknight with two wraith cannons

2. Wraithlord with Bright lance, ghostglaive and two flamers

Allies:

HQ:
Succubus with Haywire Grenades, Agoniser, splinter pistol

Troops:
1. 9 warriors with Splinter Rifles
   -Raider with Disintegrator  and splinter racks

2. 10 warriors with splinter rifles
   -Raider with Disintegrator and splinter racks

Total: 1848

Last edited by Yriel on Sun Aug 10 2014, 23:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yriel
Slave
Yriel

PostSubject: Re: Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850   Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 18:09

I dropped a wraith lord and picked up another seer and 2 units of 3 windriders to help capture objectives. Also Dropped the archon and went with a Succubus to save some points. Finally dropped special/ heavy weapons off the warriors and went with all splinter rifles and racks on the raiders for massed poison shooting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850   Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iyanden with Dark Eldar Allies Army List-1850
Page 1 of 1