THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar vs Tyranids

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Dark Eldar vs Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 17:40

I’m going against a tyranid player in a 2k competitive game who uses 3-4 flyers and 2 2+ footsloggers with the 48” range gun. Any suggestions/ thoughts on this list would be greatly appreciated.
HQ
Haemonculus with hex rifle

Elite
2x 4 man trueborn squads with 2 splinter cannons, 2 shardcarbines in venom with 2 splinter cannons and both shields
1x 4 man trueborn with 4 shardcarbines in venom with 2 splinter cannons and both shields

Troop
3x 5 man warrior squad with rifles in venom with 2 splinter cannons and both shields
3x 10 man warrior squad with rifles in raider with DL, both shields, and splinter racks

Fast Attack
3x 3 man jetbike squads with 1 cluster catrops

Heavy support
Ravager 3 DL and both shields
2x Talos Pain Engine with twin linked splinter cannon

Total is 1997 points
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 17:50

3x3 jetbikes will be disadvantage if you roll KillPoints mission. I would go 9 and send them to bladevane the flying MCs

I would add a Razorwing. Large blasts and anti-FMC guns (Dissies) will come in handy.

I would add Liquifier on both Taloi.

Not a fan of Trueborn with Carbines. Scourges are better IMHO.

Lances seem to be underperforming for me against Nids. That cover of theirs is better solved by mass splinter fire.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 18:22

Unfortunately I don't have Scourges. The trueborn are just for the extra venoms and splinter cannons (Which I only have four of). I had two Razorwing fighters instead of the reavers last time and they underperformed for their points as all the FMC were dead by my turn 2 and the gaunts were tied up by the talos pain engines (they cant hurt it). That's a good point on Dissies so would you take Dissies on all raiders and ravager or just one or the other? Kill points mission sucks for the army in general (22 kill points without the bikes) we did it last time and I had to table him in order to win so I go in with the mindset of that. The bikes are split up so they can hit 3 different targets as well as 1 tyrant can't kill all of them in 1 turn.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 18:36

Well he obviously isnt using adrenal glands if they cant hurt Talos! Then Load up on Trueborn with Shredders. :-D 4x S6 small blasts with BS4 and a Venom DAKKA and just troll his S3 troops with possible hurting anything T6 too. :-D
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 18:45

Haha yeah he may upgrade them to that soon but until then I'll keep running them in. The downside with shredders is they can't hurt the FMC which have flame templates with haywire (the bane of dark elder). With the list if the FMC's are within 12 inches (which they should be because he can move 24 and the range of his guns is 12" against my vehicles and I can move 12 and snapshot) I will do 47 poison hits which will do 23 wounds, 18 s4 hits which will do 3 wounds, 10 s6 hits which will do 5 wounds, and 1 DL hit (or 3 dissies hits if I switch) and 1 wound which will be 31 armor saves and 1 cover save. So I should kill 2 tyrants and wound another flyer with the shooting (in a perfect world of him not hurting me and I get everything within 12").
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 19:20

Bladevane the crap out of FMCs! Its autohits, Caltrops wound on 3+, Rest on 5+, soooo with 9 bikes you should do... bit more than 3 wounds per pass with AS3+... Thats pretty nasty. Shoot, Bladevane, Get a FNP, next turn, bladevane, shoot - get another FNP and you still should have enough other shooting for ground troops. :-D
Did you try Shattershard on his MCs? :-) Just watch him squirm as he rolls a 6 on his W test and has to pack his Tyrant... :-D
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 19:39

No but I did hex rifle a harpy. That is true with the 9 I only need one pain token to give all of them fnp. Tyrants are t6 so it's 4+ 6+ to wound but the other flyers are t5 with 4+ armor which the reavers would destroy.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 19:43

They are only 4+? Thats great. :-) That could be a bye bye flyer per pass. :-D
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 19:55

The answer to skyblight!!!
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 11:17

Skyblight with right support is next to impossible opponent to DE. Just like De has been for DE over the last few years. Reavers are good but hardly a TAC solution.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Tyranids   Dark Eldar vs Tyranids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar vs Tyranids
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: