THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hankifer
Slave
Hankifer

Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!!   Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2012, 16:49

Okay, this is the second rendition of the team army list. This is a 2000 point doubles team and we are expecting to fight mass amounts of Blood Angels, Necrons and space wolves (and maybe some plaguemarines).

Please comment with constructive criticisms as quick as you can.

Kabal of the Poison Ivy

HQ

Duke Sliscus - 150

Troops

7 Warriors - 133
+ Raider w/ Flicker

7 Wyches - 170
+ Heka w/ Agoniser
+ Raider w/ Flicker

7 Wyches - 170
+ Heka w/ Agoniser
+ Raider w/ Flicker

Elites

3 Trueborn - 146
+ 3 Blasters
+ Venom w/ extra cannon

Heavy Support

Ravager - 115
+ Flicker

Ravager - 115
+ Flicker

DE Total - 999

Hive Fleet Nocturn

HQ

Tyranid Prime - 110
+ Lashwhip/bonesword, Deathspitter, Regeneration

Troops

15 Termagants - 125
+5 Devourers

1 Tervigon - 190
+ Regeneration

10 Genestealers - 216
+ Broodlord, 9 with Toxin Sacs

10 Genestealers - 216
+ Broodlord, 9 with Toxin Sacs

Elites

3 Hive Guard - 150

Nids Total - 1001

Grand total - 2000

Notes:

The Plan is to stick the Duke with the warriors for the 3+, the Prime with the Gants for extra firepower and a meatshield. We will the nids as close as possible, including infiltrating the stealers, while the DE hang back a little further to provide heavy AT. I will pop open the vehicles and my brother can eat their gooey centers. I will be using the witches to push objectives and clean them off, as well as pushing them up the field in order to gank enemies in tandem with the stealers.

The logic behind the Broodlords is the powers limiting the enemies leadership because the Blood Angels players at the local group LOVE their librarians. I thought itd be a good idea to throw the Aura of Despair and as many Shadows in the Warp as we could in their faces to mess with their psykerness. And I switched my list to almost entirely shooting based in order to provide much more AT in case of mech-lists and enough poison to drop any monsters the Necron or Plaguemarine players bring.

What do you think fellow evil-doers?

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!!   Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2012, 17:05

If you intend to hang back with the DE I would get a 3rd DL ravager in there instead of the Blasterborn venom. The only other way of getting long range AT in your list is to go with Lanceborn in stead of your wyches.

Personally, with the Nids charging straight at the enemy I'd be inclined to join in with MSU venom spam and just shove it down the enemies throats, overwhelming them with targets and forget about hanging back.

Units of blasterborn and 5 wyches with haywires all in venoms is what I'm thinking. Couple of ravagers maybe and a blaster archon.
Back to top Go down
Hankifer
Slave
Hankifer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!!   Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2012, 22:00

Target confusion is definitely something I'm hoping will be a boon to our team, especially since we have units that will seriously hurt if left alone. To that end I like the idea of MSU's, but now I'm thinking I don't want to field trueborn in favor of bringing the incubi back, they can advance with the bugs and turn the enemy into sashimi

I like getting in faces more than hanging back. I don't have a third ravager or i'd run it in a heartbeat, but I think i'll drop the Duke squad to fit in a venom, then spend points on incubi, it will hopefully give me enough points to put another target or two in there.

Will post a revised list later after I hear more feedback

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!!   Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar and Tyranids Doubles List, take two, URGENT!!!
Page 1 of 1