THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vehicle 'look out sir'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

Vehicle 'look out sir' Empty
PostSubject: Vehicle 'look out sir'   Vehicle 'look out sir' I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27 2014, 23:58

This has come up in a couple of my games recently and while my friends and I have made some assumptions, I was wondering if anyone on here might be able to either help or by some miracle my assumptions are correct maybe someone could learn something cool? Very Happy

My question is as follows: Can you 'look out sir' a wound while inside a transport? The argument for is a simple one. A character was allocated a wound and he is in a unit. The argument against is (in my personal opinion) one that may leave other issues in that no because while inside a transport the character isn't truly within 6" of anyone in his unit as the models themselves do no 'exist'(?) enough to measure from base to base.

If the for is correct then I think that is rather cool, but mostly useful with vehicle explosions and now flamers against open topped vehicles. If the against is true however would that mean a unit inside a vehicle is NEVER within any distance to anything? Meaning the one tactic that as been posted of using grisly trophies to assist in units who's vehicle takes damage and must take a leadership test or snap fire is useless as the embarked unit cannot be within 6" of it's own vehicle if it can't even be within 6" of itself? As well as any other radius effects such as "all friendly units within X inches gain Y special rule" either to receive the effect or give it.

Thank you for your time reading this, and I hope some clarification can be given. *bows*
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle 'look out sir'   Vehicle 'look out sir' I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28 2014, 00:18

If the character is in the transport he automatically joins the unit and is considered in coherency. As coherency has to maintain 2" he is within 6"

BRB, INDEPENDENT CHARACTERS & TRANSPORTS:

Quote :
If an Independent Character (or even more than one) and a unit are both embarked upon the same vehicle, they are automatically joined, just as if the Independent Character was within 2" of the unit.
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle 'look out sir'   Vehicle 'look out sir' I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28 2014, 00:48

Okay thank you. That helps a lot, although my next question now that I think about it is are all models in the unit the closest models and if so do we use the rules listed in the shooting phase that since they are all closest, the owning player allocates them?
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle 'look out sir'   Vehicle 'look out sir' I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28 2014, 00:51

Random allocation as described under the "no escape" rule.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle 'look out sir'   Vehicle 'look out sir' I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 18:01

Yep random to someone else in the unit.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle 'look out sir'   Vehicle 'look out sir' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicle 'look out sir'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: