THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Regarding flickerfield

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

Regarding flickerfield Empty
PostSubject: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 22:56

The rumor that thy can only be taken on venoms are wrong. They come standard on venoms but any non aircraft vehicle has the option of choosing vehicle war gear, which flicker field is on
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2014, 23:01

Sadly, the wording is "may time items from the DE Vehicle Equipment list". (Eg for the Ravager, p94). The Wargear List is on p69, and does not include Flicker Fields.

Only Venoms (as far as I have seen) have Flickerfields specifically listed as Wargear (p87) - ie not selected from a list which doesn't include them.
Back to top Go down
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 00:15

oh no! I guess I'm a little confused then on the difference between the wargear and vehicle upgrades. I don't have the codex with me right now but isn't the flickerfield is listed under vehicle upgrades, and most vehicles (lets use the raider for example) say can take items from the vehicle upgrades list. Doesn't that mean it can take any item on that list (so...flickerfields)? I didn't think vehicles picked wargear, only upgrades. I'm pretty new to the game so I could very easily have no ideo what I'm talking about X_X
Back to top Go down
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 00:16

although you are right, only venoms specifically have FF listed as wargear on their dataslate included already
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 00:25

I don't think I understand what you're saying. Flickerfields are not listed under the dark eldar vehicle equipment list that vehicles can select items from.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 00:27

You're looking at the wrong vehicle gear list. The one after the army list shows all the rules for everything that a vehicle might have, whereas the one before the army list shows the options you have for upgrading vehicles, with costs.

FF isn't in the "before" list, meaning you can't add it to anything. It's only in the "after" list to explain what it does.

For the record, I've always thought it was stupid that GW do it like that. Just for page count, or what? Why not put the points next to the rules as well, if only for the first few weeks while you learn what everything is.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 01:15

ahhhhh. That sucks I got really excited when I thought we still had FF everywhere =/
So should we basically not be using raiders as moving transports then (unles we DS them behind cover and unload our troops or something) since NS is only stealth now? I feel like raiders/ravagers should get parked way back and snipe with dark lances or something at this point
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 02:45

I wouldn't say that at all, I think raiders are surprisingly resilient even in the open with the 3+ jink and the troops inside get to fire at full BS enabling template weapons and splinter barrages with impunity. If you have cover handy, then go for it, sure. You can get a 2+ cover save if you set up facings correctly. I'm basically just assuming they'll be jinking every turn though and bringing them for the protection and mobility and not their own output.
Back to top Go down
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:07

Great point, forgt stethoscope works on jink Smile I was/am worried about tau, eldar and too some extent AM with their ignores cover shenanigans. What would you suggest to deal with that stuff? Our fliers especially are vulnerable w/o NS bonus right?
Back to top Go down
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 03:07

Hahah phone auto corrected stealth to stethoscope XD
Back to top Go down
Sensei
Hellion
Sensei

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 04:29

^ Agree. Raiders shouldn't be taken for firepower output. The Dark Lance/Dissie is a bonus shot you can make. The point of raiders is mobility, getting your units where you want them fast.

As far as ignores cover shots from eldar/tau/AM - we have some really good options now. Ability to get lots of no-scatter DS, plus scourges. You can DS scourges for heat lance fun, or start them on the board, move 12" and shoot 24 with haywire, which doesn't care about armour value. Deployed scourges can threaten a lot with a 36" threat bubble and not needing to worry about armour value, especially if you go first, and with expanded FA slots they can do a lot of damage. Drop in some grots with a haemie or the haemie/talos/chornos formation behind vehicles and suddenly vehicles really aren't going to care about shooting at the raiders with 10 warriors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding flickerfield   Regarding flickerfield I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding flickerfield
Page 1 of 1