THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lhamaean as sole HQ?

Go down 
+16
Klaivex Charondyr
amishprn86
aurynn
django_unchained
Shinobi_8745
Laughingcarp
Sky Serpent
Timatron
RikuXIII
ulijikaru
average joe
skullmonkeyz
The_Burning_Eye
Skulnbonz
Count Adhemar
Minks
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean as sole HQ?   Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 13:29

MyNameDidntFit wrote:
Incubi = Bodyguard.
Sslyth = Bodyguard.
Interesting how one is acceptable but the other is not.

One of them has a powerful organisaion behind him, is considered "loyal" (as far as you can use the term on any DE), is not constantly using narcotics, is experienced in warfare, is quite intelligent AND is an Eldar.
The other one is considered alien scum and has a shanty in Sec Maegra and is only trusted as a bodyguard because the Archon deems him too stupid to betray him.

Can you spot the difference?
Quote :

Our disagreement comes to two points:

Actually only one point.
Your first point.
I have read a lot of books on DE (including some where they where just antagonists) and every codex since their first appearance.
There is no "organised military of the Dark Eldar". This does not exist.
Its not that they "cant see through a raid without the Archon,...". Its more that they thin "hmm... if I kill my mates and deliver the Slaves to the Kabal of the sunken Eye I would get way more reward out of it... deal!"
They are fully capable of doing the raid. But its a big gamble if they return to your Archon after the raid. They are selfish to the core. There is NO loyality at all. Society "works" because of oppression, blackmail, bribe and threats. EVERYBODY wants to climb the ladder. You have Archon regularly killing off their most successful and "loyal" lieutenants because they could pose a threat sometime in the future. Archon Nyos Yllitian had a huge problem finding a good successor because he previously killed all promising and aspiring family members.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean as sole HQ?   Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 13:32

Archon Yllithian also had a Kabal filled with those loyal enough to him that they were willing to betray Asdrubael Vect in his name.

See how there is room for more than one narrow view of the species? No? Sigh. Well, OK. We shall agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean as sole HQ?   Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20 2014, 13:38

Whilst the fluff arguments are very interesting, if nobody has anything to add to the actual rules argument then I think this thread might be heading for closure.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean as sole HQ?   Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21 2014, 03:16

Nothing to add Count. Don't even consider there to BE an argument. Wink
Back to top Go down
Minks
Hellion
Minks

PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean as sole HQ?   Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2016, 18:15

Timatron wrote:
Nothing to add Count. Don't even consider there to BE an argument. Wink

Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 Dark-Eldar-fAQ-1

Razz ha ha
Back to top Go down
Grumpy eldar
Hellion
Grumpy eldar

PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean as sole HQ?   Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2016, 14:52

Sorry read the majority of this. But something that hasn't been mentioned or my sslyth brain can't understand is. If taking a court of the archon, does the archon need to be in that unit. Because if not that could be a unit with a poisoned sting.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean as sole HQ?   Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2016, 15:15

... What?
I hope i understand your question, the Archon doesn't have to be in the same unit as the court, he doesn't even have to be in the Army at all, as any part of the Court can be an HQ, and one is all you need.
The Archon can be in the same unit as the Court if you want that, though, but as i said he doesn't have to.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy eldar
Hellion
Grumpy eldar

PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean as sole HQ?   Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2016, 15:31

Cheers, thank you. Yes is what meant as managed to confuse myself. Think a haemonculus may have been twisting my mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean as sole HQ?   Lhamaean as sole HQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lhamaean as sole HQ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3