THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)

Go down 
+10
Grumpy Kwi
a1elbow
Shadows Revenge
Sorrowshard
Nepenthe
Judgex83
Thor665
Tiri Rana
TheDuke
Gobsmakked
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) Empty
PostSubject: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 21:08

From Spacker on Warseer:

Quote :
Dark Eldar got updated to v1.1: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1930209a_Dark_Eldar_Version_1__1.pdf
One change:

Q: Does the Crucible of Malediction affect vehicles that are also psykers? (p60)
A: No.

Both PDFs are dated 11th August but have only been posted up on the GW FAQ page today. They have 7th June as the date at the end of the PDF, but the created/modified dates when viewed in the document properties are the 11th August.

I haven't actually looked at it yet, but Hokiecow then says there are actually two changes, this being the second:

Quote :
Q: Does every psyker in a unit of psykers, which are in
range of the Crucible of Malediction when it is opened,
have to take a Leadership test? (p60)
A: Yes. The notable exceptions to this are units with the
Brotherhood of Psykers special rule. These units just
take a single test, and will loose a single model if
failed.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Jan 16 2012, 19:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheDuke
Hellion
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 21:15

Thanks for the info.

TheDuke

Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 21:31

No big deal, just clarified that CoM sucks against GK.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 22:26

It's a 50/50 to the way I've been playing it, not bad odds - but CoM doesn't suck vs. Grey Knights unless you think it sucks in general. It's still a nice pop that targets powerful squad upgrade characters.

Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2011, 02:21

stupid blood angel dreadnaught librarians

Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2011, 08:49

And there I was, expecting them to make agonizers and vect's stick poison to sell lots of models for the court. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2011, 13:06

So craptacular item is craptacular......still

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2011, 15:53

it wasnt even worth the points before... now it cant even pop those pesky GK tanks...

And think about it, what makes the tanks be protected in the first place??? it doesnt even make sense, but I guess they didnt want their new GKs to complain about losing their psyflemen to a hellraiser box wanta-be

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2011, 16:17

Meanwhile, I'm apparently the only one who doesn't consider lhamaean's boosting an archon's agoniser (or vect's sceptre, malys doesn't have a "poison" weapon) to 2+ "horribly overpowered". As in, it looks like everybody else imagines it changes all the agonisers into 2+, and not the one carried by a T3 non-EW HQ. Razz
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2011, 17:26

+1 to Nepenthe - they should do something for us WAAC players to try to get us to field that silly Court, and at least a 2+ Agoniser might have made a few of us think about it.

I *still* probably wouldn't have done it except in fun games - and that says something for how weaksauce that Court unit is.

I actually disagree with all the CoM hate. Yeah, I would have loved to have it work on vehicles, but I fail to see how inability to do that somehow makes it bad. It's a cheap piece of wargear, that if it even works once in a tournament is probably making back its points cost for every game of that tournament. If it eats one Eldar Farseer or insta-glibs one Rune Priest before he can unleash any more lightning...it's working really well.

Back to top Go down
a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 19:25

Thor665 wrote:
+1 to Nepenthe - they should do something for us WAAC players to try to get us to field that silly Court, and at least a 2+ Agoniser might have made a few of us think about it.

I *still* probably wouldn't have done it except in fun games - and that says something for how weaksauce that Court unit is.

I actually disagree with all the CoM hate. Yeah, I would have loved to have it work on vehicles, but I fail to see how inability to do that somehow makes it bad. It's a cheap piece of wargear, that if it even works once in a tournament is probably making back its points cost for every game of that tournament. If it eats one Eldar Farseer or insta-glibs one Rune Priest before he can unleash any more lightning...it's working really well.

I don't like it because

a)I don't take coven
b)the range sucks and against a decent player you'd be lucky to get more than one Psyker in range and most Psykers have Ld9 or Ld10 so the odds of it working aren't that good.
c)it forces you to move to a Psyker (and, with the random range, it means you probably should look to get within about 10") and that means he is in a vehicle, probably with a squad, and now I have to move them withing 12" or what is probably a somewhat tough squad as Psykers tend to shelter

This ruling shouldn't be any surprise since there was no way GW was going to let a 20pt item possibly kill off multiple vehicles in one shot.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 20:29

a1elbow wrote:
This ruling shouldn't be any surprise since there was no way GW was going to let a 20pt item possibly kill off multiple vehicles in one shot.

No, that isnt the reason though, they didnt want people to whine about their new marine codex getting half its army blown up by a little box.

In all seriousness, has anyone seen this work??? The range is minimal, no psyker fails leadership on 2d6. (look, how many times do you see a failed test???) and yes while 20pts for say 130 up pts trade is good, it wont happen, and those 20 points could of been used for 2 more FF or NS
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 21:56

Let's see...I've probably fielded the box in tournaments about three times this year with 11 games in those three tournaments.

I've had the box work twice. Once in the five game tournament and once in the three game.

Statistics tell us it should work about 9% of the time, so I would say my statistics of success are a little skewed towards awesome - though I could probably be working my angles a bit better if I used grenades on my Raider/Venoms.

For the two tournaments it worked it was great, for the one it didn't it was balls. But I would say it works for what it is as long as you expect it to be what it is.

Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 22:51

I got it to work back in the old codex - bagged a slaaneshi lord with lash, Urien was quite pleased!

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 05:07

It was better then - man, Grey Knights would basically be facing an auto loss of a unit *every game* that would have been epic win.

Back to top Go down
depayen
Hellion
depayen

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2011, 12:40

I just wish they would have gone with the opposite direction with the ruling. Basically there should be one Army out there psykers fear. Plus they really nerfed the deamons with the grey nights why shouldn't the grey knights be counter acted by someone else.

Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 06:53

Shadows Revenge wrote:
a1elbow wrote:

No, that isnt the reason though, they didnt want people to whine about their new marine codex getting half its army blown up by a little box.

In all seriousness, has anyone seen this work??? The range is minimal, no psyker fails leadership on 2d6. (look, how many times do you see a failed test???) and yes while 20pts for say 130 up pts trade is good, it wont happen, and those 20 points could of been used for 2 more FF or NS

Oh yeah it's bad. Never fielded it (took the old one sometimes if my Eldar friend and I were list tailoring against one another). Would consider taking the old version or if it just made it so all Psychic tests were taken on three d6 and you pick the worst two for the next full turn or something like that.

Unfortunately this falls into that old GW category of double-nerf where an item is overcosted and has it's ability to use it's powerful effect minimized.
Back to top Go down
adreal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21 2011, 02:35

I tried to kill a zoanthrope with it once, well a squad of them......it didn't work, but the next turn the shattershard killed two of them......swings and roundabouts :p

Crucible is a funny little piece of wargear, but yeah it does suffer from it's rules
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21 2011, 04:11

Thor665 wrote:
It's a 50/50 to the way I've been playing it, not bad odds - but CoM doesn't suck vs. Grey Knights unless you think it sucks in general. It's still a nice pop that targets powerful squad upgrade characters.

Exactly.

Also, this nerf-bat was pretty expected: 1 model from GK unit just like in BoP perils + no effect vs. vehicles (PP count as LD 10 for PSYCHIC TESTS AND HOODS, not LD [TAN-TAN-TAAAAN!].).

adreal wrote:
Crucible is a funny little piece of wargear, but yeah it does suffer from it's rules

I couldn't sum it better. This random range (fixed, like 6" or 12" would be "tactical nuke") and LD 10 (most times) tests... well, good that TGL helps (CoM is LD, not Psychic test). I would be actually more happy with something like "wound (kill may be little overkill) psyker on 4+ without any saves allowed" but yeah...
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 17:34

Well , an idea rings in my head about new FW Tantalus and Crucible. When you measure distance for powers embarked in a transport you measure from its hull , and it have really large hull and probably will go towards enemy anyway. (By the way - is there a 14 AV max anywhere in rulebook? Cause Tantalus can be 15 AV on Ram with Shock Prow).
And distance from big thing like Tantalus is really good, reliable even, 3D6 from each point of hull of such a big vehicle - thats a big radius.
Also you can take TGL for -1 LD upgrade on it.

Against GK if i understand rule correct , IC counts separately for Brotherhood of Psykers rule.
So if Terminator unit with Draigo is subject to CoM both sergeant and draigo have chance to go mad and kill themself.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 13:24

So not really a faq update, more like rubbing salt in wounds, yes your one and only piece of psychic defense is terribad, GW: "Aww too bad , want us to play you a song on our weeny violin we keep for Xenos players ?"

Its a terible terrible terrible item, I would rather play however much it costs down than use it, its sheer fail is insulting. they dropped the baby on its head when it came to most of the arcane wargear, at one use only and not particularly cheap for it , they could at least be as good as the current batch of psychic effects ...

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 15:56

Yeah, the arcane wargear is, by a solid amount, the biggest derp in the Dex.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)   DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE FAQ - (1.1 Discussion)
Page 1 of 1