THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal Discussion

Go down 
+24
Lord Aerazabael Dethezara
Kcharranovus Grim
Yadahr of the Stolen Star
shaYneFurd
Nomic
The_Burning_Eye
Kesharq
Gobsmakked
Hydra
Dark Artisan
Madcap
Anggul
Archon Sussarkh
Khrivaan
Local_Ork
Rangrok1k
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Torpedo Vegas
Sky Serpent
LilLoser
Saintspirit
crysbat
Xelkireth
Baron Tordeck
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 19:18

This a great idea, keep it up bro

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!

Last edited by Baron Tordeck on Tue Apr 01 2014, 17:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 22:50

Yay. That means I won't have to go sifting through topics! I intend to go through the Codex today. Of the top of my head, there are two or three Kabals that are completely destroyed. Should I add them under official GW ones or create their own column of destroyed Kabals?

Ideas:
-Add a Rivalry Column: Who hates who in Commorragh
-Create clearer tables (On that note, I don't know how to create clearer tables. Any advice would be appreciated.)
Back to top Go down
crysbat
Slave
crysbat

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 23:38

I can't remember the name of it right now, but wasn't there a kabal lead by Kruellagh The Vile in the 3rd ed book?

aside from that, if you don't mind me noting my own kabal:

the kabal of weeping sorrows, current archon: lead by a council, noted as still being around, but barely active.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 00:30

crysbat wrote:
I can't remember the name of it right now, but wasn't there a kabal lead by Kruellagh The Vile in the 3rd ed book?

aside from that, if you don't mind me noting my own kabal:

the kabal of weeping sorrows, current archon: lead by a council, noted as still being around, but barely active.
I stopped by for just a minute. Kruellagh lead an elite unit of called the Emaculators in the Kabal of the Flayed Skull. Her rank is Archon, but Lord Vraesque is listed as the Archon in the 5th edition Codex. What happened to Kruellagh? I don't know. Maybe Vraesque killed her.

As to your Kabal, please PM me the info. I'll forget if I don't have a reminder.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 03:16

Xelkireth wrote:
Of the top of my head, there are two or three Kabals that are completely destroyed. Should I add them under official GW ones or create their own column of destroyed Kabals?
I would add them to the official list and just put their status to destroyed.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 09:07

Quote :
-Add a Rivalry Column: Who hates who in Commorragh
That sounds quite interesting, indeed.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
crysbat
Slave
crysbat

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 14:33

Xelkireth wrote:

I stopped by for just a minute. Kruellagh lead an elite unit of called the Emaculators in the Kabal of the Flayed Skull. Her rank is Archon, but Lord Vraesque is listed as the Archon in the 5th edition Codex. What happened to Kruellagh? I don't know. Maybe Vraesque killed her.

As to your Kabal, please PM me the info. I'll forget if I don't have a reminder.

Ah, I though that she had her own Kabal, I do hope she's still around, she was one of my favourite characters in the old codex, I'll pm the info when I can.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 15:52

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Kruellagh
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 20:35

Listed updated with Kabal of the Scarlet Edge from Midnight on the Street of Knives.
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 10:12

These threads are exactly what this website needs. Beautiful lay out as well. Well done.

Could we add a Incbui Shrines as well? I don't think there is anything official, but one of my favourite aspects of the Dark Eldar army are the Incubi and I'd love to see a thread like the Kabals, Wynch and cults.

I look forward to adding my own entry soon.

LilLoser

P.S. If you need any body to do the leg work on writing up the background from white dwarf articles, or finding models etc just message me and we can split the work up.

For Commission work enquiries: lilloser2008@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://loserstudio.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 21:03

LilLoser wrote:
If you need any body to do the leg work on writing up the background from white dwarf articles, or finding models etc just message me and we can split the work up.

That would be awesome. I only occasionally get a White Dwarf nowadays. After they hiked the price up to $9 a magazine and the continued downward spiral of actual good articles, I stopped getting the magazine.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 21:11

Incubi shrines could be interesting, I do wonder however if there are any big difference between them, really. They are all Incubi ruled by a Hierarch, what differences ccould they have?

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 21:39

I personally don't see a difference between the incubi shrines. They're a dark eldar equivalents of the craftworld shrines.
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 10:57

I'd imagine that the Incubi shrines are a lot more fractious and self serving than their craft world counter parts. It seems like a missed opportunity to label them simply as dark aspect warriors.

Saintspirit wrote:
Incubi shrines could be interesting, I do wonder however if there are any big difference between them, really. They are all Incubi ruled by a Hierarch, what differences ccould they have?

Playing devil's advocate here, you could say the same about the Kabal's, or the Covens, or the Cults: they are all warriors/ wracks / wynches led by an archon/ haemonculous/ Sybarite. What could possibly be the difference between them?

Granted there isn't that much in the way of official history, but i've seen a couple of blogs detail their shrines doctrines and fighting habits. I've included a little fluff in my own blog detailing where my shrine has come from, and I feel that a similar list here would be an asset.

However I do recognise that this is a 'niche market' because you can't field an army of them. I have a particular interest in the Shrine's, and so I would love to see them listed alongside the Kabal, Covens and Cults.

LilLoser

Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 11:00

Alright, well everyone start PMing (PLEASE PM) their shrine names, their Hierarch and what Kabal(s) they associate with.
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 11:03

No way! Thank you.

I just hope i'm right and there is a demand for it now, otherwise i'll be the only one posting there!

Thanks again man. I'll wing those articles to you this week.

X

LilLoser

Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 11:06

No problem. If there is demand for it, I'm sure the mods will sticky it. Plus, seeing people work on their own fluff inspires others as well as myself (who is currently rewritting some large sections of the IX article I wrote).
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 23:27

Updated.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 01:44

Would be possible to get page references for the Kabals from the Codex?

Once we all feel we have sufficient numbers of names I'll start working on a Name Generator Smile

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 02:25

Blargh... I don't think some of the page number references will fit into the tables. Not to mention, I don't wanna. If someone wants to do the footwork, I'll add it in and they'll get a special thanks in the post itself.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 17:36

Kabal Of The Shattered Hand, Codex: Space Pups.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 17:38

Sky Serpent wrote:
Kabal Of The Shattered Hand, Codex: Space Pups.
I don't have that Codex. Do they list an Archon?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 17:53

No, just that they are a piratical Kabal and were ambushed by the Space Wolves. Leans on the side of the Kabal losing though it is unknown whether the Kabal was destroyed or not.

Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 17:54

Well, it's up. I put them as active until a definitive answer is provided.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 19:01

Gee, those lists are becoming numerous. Whats next? Mandrake clans? Laughing

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kabal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal Discussion   Kabal Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal Discussion
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next