THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Additional DE release?

Go down 
+6
average joe
Crazy_Ivan
Cavash
aurynn
Klaivex Charondyr
Gobsmakked
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Additional DE release? Empty
PostSubject: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 23:19

Natfka is reporting an accidental information leak on GW's website earlier today that revealed, among other things, something called "Wych Cult Shardstorm". The accompanying blurb reads "Test your foes against the murderous blades of this warrior sisterhood."

This could just be another bundle release. We already got the Wych Cult Swiftshard in week 2 of the recent releases, with 10 Dark Eldar Wyches & Hekatrix plus Raider, perhaps this will be a larger bundle, equivalent to the coven one, Horrors of the Dark City (2 Raiders, 1 Talos, 20 Wracks and 1 Haemie)?

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2014/10/games-workshop-reveals-new-warshrine.html

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 23:36

http://astropate.blogspot.it/2014/10/end-times-re-del-contagio-e-lista-delle.html

Wych Cult Shardstorm box contains: 1 Succubus, 1 Venom, 1 Raider, 10 Wyches and 6 Reaver Jetbikes;
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 23:47

Thank you good sir!

At 125 Pounds.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 07:38

I just got word that the new WD suggests that it is a formation and that it allows U to start rolling for reserves T1 and assault after DS in lieu of shooting!

That would make wyches tactically great.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 08:29

The WD also suggested strafing run on Flyers, Power Mauls on Wracks and a few other things that I did not find in the codex.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 14:07

Let's stay on topic rather than being fully negative about stuff GW did in the past.

Sounds like an interesting box. I do like these more specific boxes GW has been making. It'll be great for bolstering a Cult and seeing as I don't really play anymore I think it'd be a great starting place to get a Cult to paint.

Additional DE release? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 16:04

Rolling for reserves turn 1 would be stupendous! Can't see it happening though
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 16:16

Would these buffs be rules for the wych formation or just special rules for a battle much like the last battle report?

If these are new static rules for a wych formation then I'm assuming that this is following what I believe is GW's new system. Buff the units from the codex that are sub optimal in supplements or other pubs. They can really stretch out the buying this way. A codex and two or three additional source materials to suite a particular play style or power level. Pretty smart if you ask me. Pretty expensive for us too. I'll take the expense because I get to determine what I want and how I want to play it. I just wish the core rules weren't all over the place. But again this is part of the same strategy.
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 16:24

Wow this is very interesting. Though I'm kinda pessimistic for the formation rule available in the real game.

Anyway, if it really happens, then it's definitely the resurrection of wyches. And I'm also happy to see a wrack with power maul!

jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 17:34

If it's a formation as mentioned above, it's a touch awkward... can't join the Succubus to the Wyches in the Raider... and you'd probably want to do a WWP if you could assault after DS for the sake of perfect drop anyway.

That'd leave 2 empty boats, that *I think* can't start with something else in them. I could be wrong on that, though.

If the rule (if true, I find this more likely) is that you can assault *out of a vehicle* after DS, then... well. Still worth trying, for sure, but less of a sure thing (but should it be a sure thing? That's boring for both players).

I'd love this to be a formation of some sort, at least - the chunk is small enough that it fits into a larger army pretty well. With a small rules tweak Wyches could be downright good, and everything else in it is (IMHO) quite fine.

Shrug. We'll see soon enough, though, won't we.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11 2014, 07:17

There is a mission in the coven book that buffs wyches. It removes their combat drugs gives them plus 1 str, and gives them a straight up 4++.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11 2014, 14:43

aurynn wrote:
I just got word that the new WD suggests that it is a formation and that it allows U to start rolling for reserves T1 and assault after DS in lieu of shooting!

That would make wyches tactically great.

Did they mention where in the new WD it suggests this? I can't find any hint of it! Sad
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11 2014, 15:28

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
There is a mission in the coven book that buffs wyches. It removes their combat drugs gives them plus 1 str, and gives them a straight up 4++.

Actually, it buffs Bloodbrides Mad If all Wyches had those rules all the time Wyche cults would be devastating.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Additional DE release?   Additional DE release? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Additional DE release?
Page 1 of 1