THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Oubliette e-release

Go down 
+6
krayd
amishprn86
Archon_91
Burnage
Squidmaster
Sarcron
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

The Oubliette e-release Empty
PostSubject: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2019, 22:24

The Oubliette is out as the final piece for the BL Advent promotion! Some Dark Eldar fiction for the Warhammer Horror line at last!

https://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/advent-home/the-oubliette-2019.html
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2019, 22:58

That looks very interesting. My only question is how do we know that it's Deldar? It seems to point more toward a daemon pact.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2019, 03:53

Cool We've got it on good authority from the author. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2019, 07:16

Ah, cheers. I might have to go and look at getting myself a copy then...

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2019, 13:44

Have you got a link on that authority?
Cause everything on the Black Library page there really makes it look like its just about a daemon. Doesn;t give any hint of Dark Eldar at all.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2019, 19:02

Jimsolo wrote:
The Oubliette is out as the final piece for the BL Advent promotion! Some Dark Eldar fiction for the Warhammer Horror line at last!

Sure, no worries. Here's a quote of the author saying it's Dark Eldar related. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2019, 19:09

Jimsolo wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

Sure, no worries. Here's a quote of the author saying it's Dark Eldar related. Very Happy

Congrats on the publication Wink
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2019, 19:27

I can see why people would assume its Deamon related, the "Read it Because" bit on the site reads like it is very much a Deamon the main character is making a deal with a particularly viscous deamon granted they have made it seem very much like demons in other books and it turns out to be DEldar so ... Definitely look forward to reading this one
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2019, 20:50

Is there going to be or is an audio version?

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2019, 22:11

I have not been told anything about an audio version so far. Just the e-release and a hardback coming next year.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2020, 13:09

Book is finally out! E-book, hardcopy, and in a surprise twist, audio format! (Read by the talented Katy Maw)

If you pick up a copy, then thanks for the support!

If you don't pick up a copy, then thanks for being part of our community and supporting the hobby that lets me follow such a fantastic dream!

https://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/new/the-oubliette-2019.html
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2020, 18:44

I bet the plot involves mandrakes. So 'daemon' wouldn't be entirely inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2020, 18:48

When somebody gets it, can he confirm if it's dark eldar?
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2020, 19:29

They've built up daemons pretty hard in other books that turned out to be Dark Eldar and we've heard directly from the author that it is Dark eldar, Finally another book to add to the small collection of Dark eldar books.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2020, 21:01

Archon_91 wrote:
They've built up daemons pretty hard in other books that turned out to be Dark Eldar and we've heard directly from the author that it is Dark eldar, Finally another book to add to the small collection of Dark eldar books.

What are those other books you're talking about? Expect the path of dark eldar trilogy, I don't know any more of those.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2020, 22:46

dumpeal wrote:

I wrote it and can confirm it definitely belongs on the Dark Eldar shelf. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2020, 08:39

I'm surprised the mandrake idea didn't even cross my mind, it certainly fits (no spoilers though!).

I look forward to when I get round to picking this up.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2020, 10:29

I look forward to hearing what you think about it!
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2020, 15:05

Jimsolo wrote:
dumpeal wrote:

I wrote it and can confirm it definitely belongs on the Dark Eldar shelf. Very Happy

I'll definitely get it, then. Good job writing it.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2020, 20:19

@dumpeal the couple books Im thinking of are "The Carrion Throne" at least to me the way they were describing symbols made it sound very deamon inspired up until the reveal, same with "Watchers of the Throne The Emperor's Legion" (I've just started this one so it's more a guess that the Dark Eldar are described more how I feel deamons would just based off of the carrion throne as they are both written by the same author) "Lukas the Trickster" also has Dark Eldar but its outwardly said its them in the book as it focusses on Duke Sliscuss
Back to top Go down
Eldanesh
Slave
Eldanesh

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10 2020, 13:51

Jimsolo wrote:
dumpeal wrote:

Damn, I haven't tried even one of the Warhammer Horror novels, wasn't even considering them to be honest, but now I'll definitely get this one.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2020, 19:25

It is worth getting, I loved the story
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12 2020, 01:55

Thanks so much, guys!
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2020, 20:07

I tried to order it from my local gaming store and the guy said it was not available yet. that's weird.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2020, 22:35

Huh. That's very odd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oubliette e-release   The Oubliette e-release I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oubliette e-release
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next