THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New White Dwarf and additional tidbits

Go down 
+30
Red Corsair
Bad-baden-baden
Elfric
Cerve
Dark Elf Dave
SERAFF
Count Adhemar
Squidmaster
yellabelly
|Meavar
Creeping Darkness
Amornar
Evil Space Elves
the_scotsman
Gorefather
TeenageAngst
The Shredder
ligolski
TheBaconPope
The Strange Dark One
Mppqlmd
Burnage
clively
Dalakh
Ubernoob1
Crazy_Ivan
HERO
Logan Frost
Lord Asvaldir
Silverglade
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

New White Dwarf and additional tidbits Empty
PostSubject: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:09

Got my white dwarf in the mail today. A few additional tidbits inside:

There will be 3 wych Obsessions. One for +1 attack, one for +1 STR and one for advance+ charge

Wyches get an additional attack from the index version

Archons now let Kabalites re-roll 1's to hit.

Incubi have a new rule that if someone exactly passes their morale test within 6" of the incubi, they fail the test and a model flees (so basically -1LD for morale tests)

There will be 16 artefacts. including Nightmare doll (50/50 chance to ignore wound for hamonculus) and the Djinn blade.

Soul trap is back.

Hellions can hit and run. (fall back from combat and then charge in again)

Kabalites can take more special weapons than they used to.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:12

Wow that's a lot of news, and pretty much all of it good. Hellions already had hit&run bur everything else is new.

Wych traits sounds kinda basic but very solid, actually really not sure which one of those I'd want. Also a very welcome change to wyches. And more special weapons on kabalites, woe that's unexpected. How can they take now? Wondering I'd that means trueborn will get nixed.

Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:19

+1 attack base is good, +1 attack obsession is better, +1 attack drug would be the best.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:24

If Archons are still on foot, the re-roll 1s bonus won't be that great if I'm running all vehicles for example. Might be great with fat stack 20-man Warriors with +6" range though.

Wyches sound fine, but without -1 AP on their weapons or something else more worthwhile like Poison on their blades, I'm doubtful. We haven't seen the new drug chart so there's that.

Kabalites can take more special weapons, as in the NUMBER or as in TYPE?

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:26

This is all sounding better and better IMO
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:27

Logan Frost wrote:
+1 attack base is good, +1 attack obsession is better, +1 attack drug would be the best.

I have to wonder if they're doing to wychs what I've hoped and trading the +1 attack for the extra attack on their melee weapons. It'd mostly be a neutral exchange, except it'd not penalize squad leaders for taking a good melee weapon.

Of course if they got an extra attack and still keep the bonus attack on melee weapons...*drools*
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:29

All of this sounds good indeed, expect the Incubi stuff, that's just meh.
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:30

HERO wrote:
If Archons are still on foot, the re-roll 1s bonus won't be that great if I'm running all vehicles for example.  Might be great with fat stack 20-man Warriors with +6" range though.

That might be part of the point. We had worried about Archon's getting a good aura, but then it being negated while things are in vehicles. So they give a reroll to hit to the vehicle designed, but if you want kabalites on the ground you can still get the same accuracy by sacrificing the speed and toughness of the raider. This would of course then make taking one of the other kabal obsessions more useful than the almost auto-take people are attributing to Flayed Skull at the moment.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:33

There are 2 things I want from Wyches.

The first is to be able to survive getting TO combat. I'd prefer being able to disembark at the end of the movement phase. But there are ways to get them there even if they are clunky.

The second, and far more important, is to be able to actually kill something.  I'm not sure +1A helps at all.  Maybe if the close combat weapon is like AP-2 then that'd work.

Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:34

Ubernoob1 wrote:
I have to wonder if they're doing to wychs what I've hoped and trading the +1 attack for the extra attack on their melee weapons. It'd mostly be a neutral exchange, except it'd not penalize squad leaders for taking a good melee weapon.

If the french rumors are true trueborns and bloodbrides got the axe and maybe the basic troops took their stats and wargear options, so maybe both the base attack increase and +1 for the weapon...
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:35

Logan Frost wrote:

That's... still not that good, honestly. I'm going to continue hoping that they either get cheaper or hit harder.
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:38

Logan Frost wrote:
Ubernoob1 wrote:

If the french rumors are true trueborns and bloodbrides got the axe and maybe the basic troops took their stats and wargear options, so maybe both the base attack increase and +1 for the weapon...

French rumors only said anything about Trueborns being cut, and Kabalite getting more options indicate to me they were actually right. In fact the -1 AP in CC trait for coven and the advance+charge trait for cults both proved accurate so far.

Nothing was said about BB even though it's a very logical deduction.

Edit: You guys think they'll actually let Wyches get 3 attacks base ? Because 5 attacks potential, even at strength 3, now that's some horde clearing potential in my book.

Last edited by Dalakh on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:40

So with +1A base thats 2, +1 for hekatarii blade, +1 for obsession, +1 for drugs, i make that 5 sounds pretty good to me, plus their special weapons which will have been improved.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:41

Dalakh wrote:

That was actually pure speculation, but it would fit.
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:43

Logan Frost wrote:
Ubernoob1 wrote:

Honestly for right now I think that's fine with me. As much as I'd very much like having veteran units, I'd rather have troop choices that feel vet statline than two vet units that aren't anything special. Even trueborn aren't all that fancy, even if the condensed special weapons were useful. They are not Sternguard who gets unique gun options, or entire squad trade ins for guns our kabalites can't take. They aren't Chaos Chosen who can take both guns and melee options depending on how you feel. They aren't even Chaos Havocs or Devastators who are the same price as their troop equivalent, just with more guns.

So again...I hope someday we get our vets back, but for the time being I am at least happier about this than if we lost the two and gained nothing in their place.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:45

Dalakh wrote:
Logan Frost wrote:
Ubernoob1 wrote:

French rumors only said anything about Trueborns being cut, and Kabalite getting more options indicate to me they were actually right. In fact the -1 AP in CC trait for coven and the advance+charge trait for cults both proved accurate so far.

Edit: You guys think they'll actually let Wyches get 3 attacks base ? Because 5 attacks potential, even at strength 3, now that's some horde clearing potential in my book.

I cant see Trueborn getting cut; we don't actually have that many elites as it is once you take the court and the beastmaster out of those slots.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:54

So we have a 10pts troop with 5 base attacks on WS2+ ? (2 base + trait + drug + weapon)

We finally have anti-Geq.

Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:54

I could express my words, but I found something far more fitting:
New White Dwarf and additional tidbits APC-HYPE-TRAIN-green-bright-gold

Edit:

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Dalakh wrote:
Logan Frost wrote:
Ubernoob1 wrote:

I cant see Trueborn getting cut; we don't actually have that many elites as it is once you take the court and the beastmaster out of those slots.

I can totally see it happening. Especially with Kabalites carrying more wargear and Scourges on the field a lot of potential uses for the Trueborn are gone.

The only thing I could imagine are Blasterborn in a Raider. And with Screaming Jets and all the Kabal traits/strategems, I'd almost dare to call that cheese.

Last edited by The Strange Dark One on Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:55

Mppqlmd wrote:
So we have a 10pts troop with 5 base attacks on WS2+ ? (2 base + trait + drug + weapon)

Assuming the 2 attacks do not replace the additional attack on every wych weapon, that is.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:57

Even then. If you pick that trait, you can have 1 unit with 3 S4 attacks, and one unit with 4 S3, and with WS2+. For 10pts, with an 4++ and some special rules... it's at least decent, if not good.

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 22:58

Dalakh wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:

Assuming the 2 attacks do not replace the additional attack on every wych weapon, that is.

pistol plus a knife or two combat weapons has always granted an extra attack even though they have worded it all different now.
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 23:01

5 attacks almost seems too good to be true, I'll remain cautious for now (but hopeful).

Edit: Nevermind it's not that crazy, just sounds crazy but it's only 5 S3 AP- 1D at the end of the day

Last edited by Dalakh on Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 23:02

I'm going to assume we're going to get two special weapons per Kab squad now? If the price of Venoms and Splinter Cannons goes down, I'm predicting double blaster double cannon squads to dominate DE meta. Especially when said Venom moves nearly 20" and ignores cover..

Edit: If we get something akin to the Craftworld Wing Relics I can see some viability in Poisoned Tongue vehicle convoys with an Archon tagging behind them. Or a Deepstriking Trueborn or Kab assault force maybe?

Last edited by TheBaconPope on Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 23:05

Yeah, that would put daemonettes attacks to shame.
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 23:11

Honestly it sounds to me that wyches will finally be able to do something I've always dreamed of: Make my opponent afraid that they are there. I'm fine losing half a squad of 'em trying to get somewhere, so long as the living half can fight at least a few tacticals and actually win. I've had way to many times where I've lost combat with 5 or even 10 wyches against bog standard tactical marines or devastators.

That and listening to people talk about how easily ork boyz die when our wyches are also melee, cost a bit more and are even easier to shoot down while having less of a punch in melee! But I guess those BS 3+ pistols totally make up for that... >_>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New White Dwarf and additional tidbits   New White Dwarf and additional tidbits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New White Dwarf and additional tidbits
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next