THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ultra noob question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

Ultra noob question Empty
PostSubject: Ultra noob question   Ultra noob question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 02:13

So I finally got the new 'Dex in the mail today, I've been reading through the rules and fluff off and on since I got home from work. Now I know I have to be wrong about this, but I guess my understanding of the rules is more underdeveloped than I thought.

So okay, Archons cannot take AP2 weapons, everyone has decided.

Reading the Archon Entry
"May replace CC weapon with Huskblade." Okay, HB... AP3

Further down the list it states
"May take items from the Melee Weapons, Arcane Wargear' and / or Artefacts of Cruelty lists."

In the "Melee Weapons" section of the codex, the Archite Glaive is listed in broad terms.

-Can't the Archon just take that item (I'm not arguing for or against taking this item at all, just a rules question that popped into my head) and have the AP2 weapon? Is that entry for "replace CC weapon" exclusive, or can you take an extra item like I used to do in the last dex with a venom blade and husk blade and decide what to attack with. Why include "can take items from the melee weapons lists" if you can't take an extra item listed in there?

Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Ultra noob question   Ultra noob question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 02:47

Not an ultra noob question at all, it's just a misinterpretation brought on by how they've (poorly) organized the new format of the codex.

The melee weapons section you're likely looking at is near the end of the book and has long descriptions of equipment but no points values, correct?

When it says on the Archon Datasheet (p.70) "Melee Weapons" list, it refers to the lists as write on p.69 of the codex, "Dark Eldar Wargear List".

And sadly, the only wargear on the Melee Weapons list are the Power Sword and the Agoniser.

That Dark Eldar Wargear List is where you've gotta go to look up who can take what. The descriptions further in the book refer to rules for different weapons and have them lumped by style to make searching easier, but that section doesn't say who can take what.

Make sense?
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: Ultra noob question   Ultra noob question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 03:00

Absolutely, thank you so much! Very Happy

I knew there had to be something I was missing, and it was bothering me so much lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultra noob question   Ultra noob question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultra noob question
Page 1 of 1