THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

noob question regarding haywire grenades

Go down 
+3
Black Death
1++
cougar_roger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cougar_roger
Slave

noob question regarding haywire grenades Empty
PostSubject: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 04:32

how do they work in assaulting vehicles? They are only S2 and most vehicles have a rear armor of 10, so a D6+2 will only get you an 8. Do you ignore this step and go straight to the haywire chart if the roll to hit is successful?

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 04:56

cougar_roger wrote:
Do you ignore this step and go straight to the haywire chart if the roll to hit is successful?

Yes. Roll To Hit, then roll all successful hits against the chart.

If within 8" you can throw 1 haywire grenade in the shooting phase - using Wyches BS To Hit, then roll against the chart if successful.

For Haywire Blasters you do include the Strength vs Armour comparison (if applicaable) then roll again on the Haywire chart so potentially 2 glances from 1 shot.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 05:04

Thanks for the reply.

I also equip my archon with haywire grenades so I can use his high BS for the one shot in the shooting phase.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 20:37

cougar_roger wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I also equip my archon with haywire grenades so I can use his high BS for the one shot in the shooting phase.

Yes but if you equip him with a blaster then you can shoot with it and cc with the haywire. It is really up to you and your play style as to how you do this.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 06:49

Black Death wrote:
Yes but if you equip him with a blaster then you can shoot with it and cc with the haywire.

Actually throwing a Haywire is better (2's To Hit) vs using it to assault a vehicle (3's To Hit)

Blaster has better range, and can be done from onboard a Raider/Venom but as you say all comes down to personal play style

Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 06:59

I can't find anything that would prevent you from throwing a haywire grenade from a transport. It's not a blast weapon, so it could technically snapshot even if the vehicle moves more than 6".
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 15:45

you can throw a haywire from a transport, it is a shooting attack and it isnt a blast (so you can snapfire it even)

Also the only reason they included a strength value with just in case some necrons scarabs got to chomping on a vehicle (as they can lower the AV total) so it is possible, just unlikely.

Also a good example would be the haywire blaster. It is S4 and haywire, so if you hit AV10, you have a chance to glance it twice.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19 2012, 21:37

what about shooting from a vehicle now? i was never able to do this and i dont understand the rule. how far can say a raider with 10 kabalites in it, move and still be able to shoot at full ballistic skill, when do snap shots come into play?

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19 2012, 22:04

doomseer11b wrote:
what about shooting from a vehicle now? i was never able to do this and i dont understand the rule. how far can say a raider with 10 kabalites in it, move and still be able to shoot at full ballistic skill, when do snap shots come into play?

Thread about that here

doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21 2012, 18:05

thank you adhemar

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: noob question regarding haywire grenades   noob question regarding haywire grenades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

noob question regarding haywire grenades
Page 1 of 1