THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kenny3760
Sybarite

Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Empty
PostSubject: Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points   Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 22:19

DE V Orks Battle Report

Played another practice game for the upcoming tournament at the end of August.
This time it was against one of the guys at our gaming club with his Orks.
He had:
Warboss, 5 Mega Nobz with truk, 9 Nobz/painboy with truk, 2 Truk Boyz mobs, Big Mek with KFF, 19 Boyz and a Battle wagon. There was powerklaws everywhere and the nobz had been kitted out for wound allocation shenanigans.

I had my usual list:
Baron, Heamonculus with Liquifier, 3 x 3 Blasterborn in Venoms with extra SC, 3 wracks, 15 hellions inc Helliarch with agoniser, 2 x 5 warriors with blasters 1 in a venom and 1 in a raider, 3 ravagers with FF

We rolled up Spearhead (boo), Annhilation (boo) and I lost the roll for 1st turn (mega boo)

This is the table
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points TheTable[/img]

My opponent chose to go 1st and took the bottom right corner.

His deployment
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points OrkDeployment[/img]

I set up opposite him
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points MyDeployment[/img]

I tried to steal the initiative, but failed.

1st Turn Orks
The Orks move forward and camp around the centre of the table.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points T1movement[/img]

1st Turn Dark Eldar

I move my Venoms flat out to my right and the raider joins them.
The ravagers all line up shots on the battlewagon.
The Baron and Hellions hang back after stealing pain tokens ready to assault any infantry on the next turn.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn1[/img]

And from behind the Dark Eldar
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn1a[/img]
My Ravagers unleash a torrent of 9 DL’s at the battlewagon and I do not even get to roll on the damage table once. The raider also misses with a pot shot at the leading truk in the centre of the table.

Turn 2 Orks

The battlewagon advances and the boyz and big mek jump out.
The Nobz and Mega Nobz move fast over towards my venoms and raider.
One boyz truk moves and hides behind the large blue dome.
The lead truk on the other side of the hill moves forward and the boyz leap out in front of my venoms and raiders. They charge in but manage to cause no damage
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn2[/img]

The boyz from the battlewagon assault into the Baron and Hellions. The Dark Eldar kill 7 boyz before they can strike and at this stage I forgot that the PGL does not allow bonus attacks for charging as the boyz strike back. They manage to kill 5 hellions
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn2a[/img]

As it is my turn next I decide to hit and run.
Turn 2 Dark Eldar

I move my venoms about to line up shots on the truks and boyz threatening my RH flank. One unit of trueborn get out to assist with blaster shots. I shoot the boyz unit until it’s down to 2 boyz who then break and run away. I blow up the mega nobz truk. I then kill 3 of the mega nobz and get the other 2 down to 1 wound each. I shoot at the nobz truk but only weapon destroy it.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn2b[/img]

The ravagers shoot at the battle wagon and take it down.
The baron and hellions decide to shoot the large boyz mob before charging but do so much damage that the boyz break and run away. Leaving the baron in the open.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn2c[/img]

Turn 3 Orks

The mega nobz shoot down the venom nearest them. He also gets 2 trueborn in collateral damage. He also shoots down the warriors venom and then wipes out the warriors. Most importantly though he gets to charge the barons unit with his nobz unit and wipes them out in the combat. Again I forget about the PGL bonus.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn3[/img]

He also gets the boyz from the truk into one of my ravagers and downs it with a hail of slaps and powerklaw blows.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn3a[/img]

[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn3b[/img]

Turn 3 Dark Eldar

Trueborn on my RH flank jump out to help gun down the mega nobz, the venom moves to eye up the nobz in the middle of my force. The raider moves and the warriors and Heamonculus split up. Everything else lines up some shots on the nobz. Including the ravagers.
I wipe out the mega nobz but cause relatively little casualties to the nobz due to cover, fnp and wound allocation rolls.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn3c[/img]

[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn3d[/img]

Turn 4 Orks

So his boyz mob which did in a ravager the last turn, repeats the trick as I had left one too close to them in my desperation to gun down the nobz.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn4[/img]

The nobz and warboss wreak havoc amongst my army this turn. They take down a raider, the heamonculus and 4 out of the 5 warriors.

[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn4a[/img]

Turn 4 Dark Eldar

I continue to ineffectively try and gun down the nobz, whilst the warboss smashes the final warrior. And consolidates towards a handy truk nearby.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn4b[/img]

[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn4c[/img]

Turn 5 Orks

His warboss leaps into the truk and guns it towards the far edge of the table. The nobz make for cover.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn5[/img]

His boyz chase down my 3rd ravager but thankfully miss this time.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn5a-1[/img]

[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn5b[/img]

Time was running out at this stage so things were a bit rushed.

I moved my ravager away to shoot at the warboss and truk. My wracks decided to come out of the cover they had been in all game and assault the boyz unit, with some covering fire from one of my venoms. . The other venom and trueborn continued to try and gun down the nobz, who this time went to ground.
[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn6[/img]

[img]Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points Turn6a[/img]

Over the next turn the wracks got beaten down after taking a few boyz with them. The venom failed to finish them off. The nobz stayed in cover and went to ground to deny me the KP. The ravager only managed to immobilise the truk.

The game finished 12 -8 to the Orks
Poor judgment of distance and not forgoing a turn of shooting from my ravagers cost me 2 of them in this game. Also getting the baron charged by the nobz and then forgetting the PGL bonus was a poor mistake.
These are a constant theme in my games, getting too close and then forgetting special rules.
Back to top Go down

Kenny3760 V Orks 1500 points
Page 1 of 1