THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points Empty
PostSubject: Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points   Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2016, 22:37

Greetings fellow Archons,

this battle report will be a brief summary of my first game that I played with the Dark Eldar against my buddy's Orks. Since we are both still building up our forces, we just included every model we had and it came down to 1350 points.

Kabal Of The Crimson Spears:

Spoiler:

Orks (approximately):

Spoiler:

I can't remember all the upgrades his units had, they just had too much stuff.

So let's break this down into the performances of the different units:

My Succubus and the Haemy joined the Grots in their Raider and after the Orks stole the initiative they rushed forward and managed to charge the Deffkoptas Turn 1. Overwatch killed a Grot (the Koptas had the TL Big Shootas) but I made it into combat. The Succubus rolled Hatred for her WT and did a lot of damage. The Grots were alright but their weapons not having a DS is pretty bad. They still managed to kill a good amount of Koptas before the Orks failed their LD test (the Armour of Misery was pure gold this game!) and were run down by the Succubus.

After that this squad got charged by the Mega Nobz plus attached Pain Boy. I lost another Grot but the Succubus cut down a Mega Nob. She then used Hit & Run to get out of the combat (correct me if this is illegal or if she may leave the unit she is attached to by using this Special Rule). In my second turn the Succubus charged back into the Mega Nobz again and slew the Pain Boy and another Mega Nob. He in turn failed to wound her (made the dodge save) and failed his LD check and was run down. After that the last Grot, Haemy and Succubus just camped in the ruin they were in and held an objective, denying the Orks some points.

The Warriors Venoms were alright but didn't do a whole lot because he had bought 4+ armour for his Boys and Nobz.

The Blasterborn arrived via deepstrike and their Venom immobilized itself. They did however strip two HP from a Battlewagon but then were killed by two Nobz in CC.

The Ravager was actually pretty bad. He stripped 1 HP from the Deff Dread and another from a Battlewagon.

The Talos was mostly lurking in my back field to protect the Shadowseer form the Deff Dread. Hilariously he blew up both the Deff Dredd and later on a Battlewagon just with his HoW. Other than that he just soaked up some fire and killed a few Ork Boys with his shooting.

Now for the Clowns:

The Death Jester tanked A LOT of firepower. His 2+ cover save is just hilarious. His shooting was mediocre but that was because I once rolled tripple 1s for his hit rolls and after that he killed two Boys and made the squad run away from the Shadowseer they wanted to charge. With better or should I say more average rolls on my part he would have performed a lot better, so I'll give him another shot.

The Shadowseer was just bad, plain and simple. I shouldn't have rolled on Phantasmancy. The Orks denied a surprising amount of powers and I also failed often to get them off in the first place. Feel like I should roll on Telepathy next time. The Seer did however hilariously immobilize the Deff Dread that was just about to charge him next round with his Haywire Grenade.

The Solitaire got charged by the three bikers and a Hammer of Wrath attack put a wound on him. He then however killed the bikers and tanked a good amount of shots before charging the Battlewagon with the Nobz inside. ...He died to the overwatch. Still, I don't think this is a representative performance since my opponent just rolled an ungodly amount of 6s that game anyway.

In the end I won 11 - 8. It was a fun game and once I have more units I can start to work on optimizing my list.

You may also look forward to a build-up and painting thread about my Kabal once I have taken some well-lit pictures.

Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points   Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2016, 06:33

Sounds like a fun game. Not sure how the Succubus got the hit and run rule though.
Ravagers are a bit like psychers in that you probably want to take more than one if you want them to do anything. Also disintegrators might have been better than lances against Orks.
If you haven't already, get some jetbikes if you want to optimize your list, and leave the Haemonculus at home unless you have to take him as part of a formation.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points   Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16 2016, 09:42

Quote :
Sounds like a fun game. Not sure how the Succubus got the hit and run rule though.

Aw, damn. That was my bad. I have recently bought a tablet because I was sick of carrying around so many books (if I want to play my Ad Mech with my Imperial Knight I would have to carry three codices plus the rules book). And since it was my first game I was constantly switching around between the Harlequin and the Dark Eldar codex. Must have mixed that up because everything from the Clowns has Hit & Run and I just assumed it as a given that the other flavour of Eldar has that special rule too.

I do have three Ravager Jetbikes but I couldn't fit them in the list because my buddy couldn't muster any more models.

I am currently waiting on a Talos Box (to make the Chronos), another Venom and a box of fantasy Crypt Horros which I'll convert to Grotesques.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points   Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal Of The Crimson Spears - DE vs Orks 1350 points
Page 1 of 1