THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Assault list challenge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Assault list challenge Empty
PostSubject: Assault list challenge   Assault list challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 15:36

Here's a challenge for you all then, I'm going to look at writing an all out assault list for the Dark Eldar, haven't yet thought about what to take, so I'm gonna have to edit this post once I've done it, but how would you all see this being done? 1500 points

Basic rules - Cannot be an unbound list. No more than 2 units that aren't aiming to get into assault (mainly to allow for AA). No restrictions on which element of the DE the units come from (so they can be Kabal, Coven or Cult). Your post must include a brief explanation of your battle plan (so for example succubus goes with grots/reavers charge first followed by wyches etc.

And, GO!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection

Last edited by The_Burning_Eye on Mon Oct 13 2014, 22:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : point limit added)
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Assault list challenge   Assault list challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 20:22

What point limit?
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Assault list challenge   Assault list challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 21:31

1500 points Off the top of my head, what should an all out assault list look like to me? I would go for a nice uncompetitive but fun list. In brief (roughly):

Archon w/shadowfield, armour of misery, huskblade animus vitae
4x Incubi with klaivex
Venom with cannon

(3x) 10x Wyches w/hekatrix, agoniser
Raider w/nightshields, shock prow dark lance

6x Reavers , 2 heatlance, 2 cluster caltrops
6x Reavera, 2 heatlance, 2 caltrops

2x Talos

Everything will be on the board. Trying to keep out of LoS if it can. Screw objectives,a dark eldar assault is about bloodshed. So get straight into their face all down one flank. Overwhelm and conquor. Turbo everything to a flank get the reavers into their face/backfield early. Taloi protect one side of the flank closest to the middle to draw fire. Get shot at turn 1 by the half of their army that might be in range. Everything drops out and gets into anything squishy. Taloi move up, try and take out transports/anything tough. Animus vitae gets a kill, archon and incubi get stuck into the most expensive unit they can. Wyches get into everything else, maybe even vehicles with 10 av back to hit with plasma. Reavers heatlance transports or get stuck into combat. Etc etc. Operation bloodbath.

Hopefully your opponent will lose his head (metaphorically) and rush to engage this army on the flank. Abandoning objectives to save his army amidst the chaos. Fortunately the raiders are positioned to obscure as much as they can. They will rush to the aid and hopefully take the bait to forget about all tactics. (Chaos and confusion). Victory by cutting them down in combat. Shock prow remaining vehicles. Then run and hide if they bought a mech army. Ignore flyers, they cant shoot into combat and you should be on their line anyway.

Competitive? Nope. Fluffy and fun? Yes. Its what an assault list would be for me. It won't work well except in the best possible situation. Its what it should be. Not what I would do given time. Also, everything will get into assault! No compromise!

TL:DR 2/10 would not tactic again

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: Assault list challenge   Assault list challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 22:32

lets give it a shot Smile
Archon (165)with all good stuff from commoragh: husky, shadowfield, haywire, helm of spite, soultrap
7 Incubi klaivex raider (225)
2x5 wychez(2x160) with hekatrix with haywire and agoniser 1 shardnet impaler wych, in dual cannon venoms
6 Reaver(lot Razz:181) 2x caltrops 2x heat lance Champion agoniser
2x5 Scourge(2x120) with haywire blasters
Dark Artisan formation:
Hoemy(125) with WWP fleshy/scissor Sindriq
1 Cronos(125) with probe
1 Talos(130) with injector
1491 overall
Plan is no plan
go ahead formation in reserves try not to get shoot down haywires clearin land raider achiles and likes, reavers for the transports and the sweets inside, wychez for minimal troops. Probabbly not going to win most times but fun nontheless Smile maybe should get 2 more taloi instead scourges but than also all talos with chains instead injectors
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Assault list challenge   Assault list challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 23:17

HQ
115 Succubus with armor of misery, parasite kiss and archite glaive
115 Succubus with animus vitae, archite glaive
Elites
155 4 incubi (one is a klaivex) with venom with 2 cannons
155 4 incubi (one is a klaivex) with venom with 2 cannons
Troops
115 5 wyches with venom with 2 cannons
115 5 wyches with venom with 2 cannons
Fast Attack
146 6 reavers with 2 heat lances 2 cluster caltrops
146 6 reavers with 2 heat lances 2 cluster caltrops
1 Khymera
1 Khymera
1 Khymera
1 Khymera
heavy support
135 Talos Ichor injector, tl heat lance
135 Talos Ichor injector, tl heat lance
125 Cronos spirit probe
Total 1497

Yes I do the 1 khymera dog squads. An apoc game is coming soon and I really wish I had 300 dogs to troll my opponents. Anyway the plan is to lay down fire with the transports while the reavers turbo boost to be within charge range of any vehicle they need to destroy. The 2 wych squads and the khymera's goal is to die to overwatch so the incubi and the succubus can get into combat to destroy the enemy. 3 incubi and a klaivex throw out 13 +d3 by themselves against any squad that out numbers them. The 2 Talos hang near the cronos as all 3 float up field. The talos will go against any monstrous creature while the cronos is the only one who will be picky about who it goes into combat with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assault list challenge   Assault list challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assault list challenge
Page 1 of 1