THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Making an Assault DE list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

Making an Assault DE list Empty
PostSubject: Making an Assault DE list   Making an Assault DE list I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24 2013, 00:19

Alright so here is a challenge: I have been playing with my Tau a lot recently, but I'm longing for something fresh and different. Therefore I want to make an assault orientated Dark Eldar army that can win games. So which units should I take? One problem I have is that I really don't like beast packs, so those are out of the question, but I'm willing to try out any other units. So give me suggestions! Very Happy  Wyches? Incubi? Wracks? Talosses? Hellios? Reavers? Which units should I take?
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: Making an Assault DE list   Making an Assault DE list I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24 2013, 02:53

I believe it is customary for posters to state the goal of their list and then post one instead of just polling for ideas. The answer is whatever you want, all of those will work in one list or another but it depends on what you like to play. If you're interested in assault, the Cult and Coven themed lists are often geared for assault and might be a good place to start hunting for ideas.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Making an Assault DE list   Making an Assault DE list I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24 2013, 09:52

yes but I wanted to see what other people like to run. If this would be the wrong section to put it in then please say so.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Making an Assault DE list   Making an Assault DE list I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24 2013, 16:10

personally I would see this as a tactics question, but since you will most likely be posting a list here, it can stay here for now. If it falls more under tactics as the thread evolves, Ill move it there

*Mod Hat off*

Ok, if you want an assault based army I would look more towards the coven style. That makes your units tough enough to get across the board and into combat. That being said your also need to supliment your AT that you would be losing by not taking ravagers in your HS slot.

So your list will probably come out like this:

Whatever HQ you want

1x unit of grots/incubi/harlies
2x unit of lanceborn
5~6 units of mix warriors/wyches/wracks
1x unit of beasts
3x units of talos/cronos

Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: Making an Assault DE list   Making an Assault DE list I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25 2013, 17:31

I'm just spitballin' here but I say try out the Cronos with Spirit Vortex to get FNP and FC on your hard hitters ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making an Assault DE list   Making an Assault DE list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making an Assault DE list
Page 1 of 1