THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness Empty
PostSubject: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 16:13

I love a Coven theme list that’s for sure and LZ's latest list has motivated me to evaluate what I would do at 2k; paired with my growing fondness of the Raider model. In my lists I avoid the Raider all together favoring a Venom and/or WWP delivery system. However the Raider model and its appeal has grown on me these past couple weeks since Games Day where I bought a Reaper, why, well just because I guess, I really liked the sail if nothing else at that time.

With that said I wanted to take LZ's core idea and add my spin along with certain model's I feel should be fielded holding to the core concept. LZ's list had 12 Liquifiers I wanted to try and maximize the "Liquifier Madness" without gimping every other aspect of the game all together. I also wanted to try and include a selection from every category (HQ, Elite, Troop, etc.)

The result:

HQ
Haemonculus (1) – Liquifier, Power Weapon

ELITE
Grotesques (4) – Liquifier, Aberration, Flesh Gauntlet (Haem goes here)
- Raider w/ Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Torment Grenade Launchers

TROOP

Wracks (10) – Liquifier x2
- Raider w/ Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Torment Grenade Launchers

- Raider w/ Dark Lance, Flickerfield

FAST ATK
Scourges (5) – Haywire Blaster x2

HVY SUPPORT
Talos (1) – Twin-linked Liquifier, Twin-linked Haywire Blaster

Back to top Go down
LoneZealot
Hellion
LoneZealot

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 16:46

Looks good I want to see how it does in a game. I tryed the talos in the first version of my list but with chain flails. It was good but I felt that I needed the ravagers instead. My wracks were already good in cc since I had them all with a haemi already giving them fc.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 17:32

We shall see how it plays out, unfortunately to do this I need to go out and buy 5 Raiders since as I mentioned before I have been avoiding them all together. I think this is my first list that has more than 1 if any at all.

My thought on the Wracks x5 with Haem vs. Wracks x10 is the 10 mans are just more resiliant in the event of a "paper plane crash". A 6 man unit where 3 of the models are rolled seperate (Haem, Acothyst, Liquifier) just lends to easy pickens when focus fired IMO as compared to the basic 10 where you have over 2 1/2 times the "regular troopers" to soak wounds before getting to the meat of the unit (Liquifier).

Also I'm not sure how your experience has been but even with FC (Haem + Wracks) neither have grenades and given the amount of terrain people seem to play with typically leaves the Wracks going second on the charge regardless of their I5. I just feel more bodys works well in the "spray game" and the HtH potential isn't crippled by excluding the Acothyst and Heam, especially given the option of supporting a combat with a unit of Grots and/or a Talos (or two).

I like the thought of 6 units with "stun lock" potential. I feel having the Grots in a boat provides an early challenge to things that otherwise may be focused on a Talos. The Talos can also more easily benefit from things a boat cant and thats terrain i.e. cover.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 19:40

I'm very curious about how both of your armies play out.

I'm not sure I will be running all of those wracks until i get a decent substitute or can manage to buy 40 more wracks ( ~expensive~).

Living vicariously through your efforts, please post often.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 19:55

GAR wrote:
I'm very curious about how both of your armies play out.

I'm not sure I will be running all of those wracks until i get a decent substitute or can manage to buy 40 more wracks ( ~expensive~).

Living vicariously through your efforts, please post often.

Yeah I need to buy those raiders and another box of wracks as I'm currently up to 45 (which took looking through about 90 Finecast models to get up to). Probably next week or two.

Then factor in work and lots of kids/family and it might be a bit.......I really need to find a gamer proxy cheers

Back to top Go down
LoneZealot
Hellion
LoneZealot

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 20:57

Yeah your reasoning is sound. My list is just for fun so I don't mind the draw backs ,it makes it a little more interesting. And with the no grenades it's not much of a problem I usually bring the squad down pretty low before I assault it and if it's horde there is usually a strike point to assault from where I don't have to take a difficult.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 21:06

LoneZealot wrote:
Yeah your reasoning is sound. My list is just for fun so I don't mind the draw backs ,it makes it a little more interesting. And with the no grenades it's not much of a problem I usually bring the squad down pretty low before I assault it and if it's horde there is usually a strike point to assault from where I don't have to take a difficult.

Don't take me creating this post as anything wrong with your list. I like it and i'm sure its fun and does good, evident by your experiences shared in your post. I just wanted to expand on it and tailor it a bit.

I really want to make those Talos work and anywhere you see a Talos or three and no WWP should almost automatically be classified "for fun only" j/k.
Back to top Go down
LoneZealot
Hellion
LoneZealot

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 21:52

@ Gar lol that's another reason I don't run fifty wracks. Way to much money for the fine cast models. Right now I just proxy my old metal witches for the 30 I'm using now. I have well over fifty of them tho so I might just try this one out to see if there is a major difference.
Back to top Go down
LoneZealot
Hellion
LoneZealot

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 21:56

@ Fletch. Yeah I know and I like what your trying to do Very Happy I really just want to see the outcome of both lists. We can learn a lot from how we run our lists. Post some overviews when you tested this out
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 21:56

I have 10 wracks, but yeah, if I need 50, I think I will be using something else.

maybe Ghouls or something converted. Maybe a zombie.

Or I may just buy them one box at a time. That would take a long while though.
I think zombies...
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
LoneZealot
Hellion
LoneZealot

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 22:04

I think the zombies will look well converted. I'm in no rush so I think one box at a time will suit me well, I'll slowly replace them little by little.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 02:15

Wanted to throw out another option, adding a special character that I believe offers some unique advantages this theme/list can take full advantage of, and that is adding Lady Malys. Thought is to add Malys and the Haem to the Grots.

I like that she can attack first if a unit is in cover (has grenades) and can make up to 8 power weapon attacks on the charge at I8 S4 (FC). - Like Lelith, Malys HtH really shines when paired with Furious Charge.

I like that her unit (the Grots) and herself are immune to psychics attacks, which is a huge boon against GKs for example (Force weapons, which can lay out multiple wound models easily).

Then there is the redeploy ability, where you can feign unit(s) and move them around based on your opponents deployment.

Also by pairing Malys with the Haem in the Grot unit, it allows her the option of leaving the Grots with the Haem (so no go boom) and going off on her own (with FNP) or to meet up with a unit of Wracks if need be.

HQ

Lady Malys (1) - Her stuff

Haemonculus (1) – Liquifier, Power Weapon

ELITE
Grotesques (4) – Liquifier, Aberration, Flesh Gauntlet (Malys & Haem go here)
- Raider w/ Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Nightshield

TROOP

Wracks (10) – Liquifier x2, Acothyst w/ Agoniser

Wracks (10) – Liquifier x2, Acothyst w/ Agoniser

FAST ATK

HVY SUPPORT

Total 2000

I had 10 points left over which I used to throw a Nightshield on the Grot's Boat as a slight insurance policy against small arms and special weapons. I could easily be swayed to do a mix of things with those points. I don't see a good place for those 10 points outside of upgrades to 1 or 2 of the Boats. Maybe Sails on a boat or two (since I might redeploy a unit or more) or TGLs etc.

It's has a pretty solid core IMHO. Its got an even spread of points across the the non-troop selections while keeping the Troop choices thick along with a better than average model count at over 60 plus the boats. It lets you pick and play with some interesting HQ choices like Malys, or you can drop Malys and the Haem and now you can add Urien and upgrade the Grots to S6. (taking into account that extra 10 points spent on extra vehicle upgrades).
Back to top Go down
LoneZealot
Hellion
LoneZealot

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 04:05

Wow looks very well constructed now malys can really help out with this list. I would like to see a report or overview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness   Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven @ 2k - a take on LZ's Liquifier Madness
Page 1 of 1