THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guter
Slave
Guter

New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness Empty
PostSubject: New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness   New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 18:03

Black Heart Spearhead 826

HQ1: Archon /husk blade 76 - warlord - re-roll wound rolls of 1
HS1: Ravager /3xdissintegrator cannon 125
HS2: Ravager /3xdissintegrator cannon 125
HS3: Ravager /3xdissintegrator cannon 125
HS4: Ravager /3xdissintegrator cannon 125
HS5: Ravager /3xdissintegrator cannon 125
HS6: Ravager /3xdissintegrator cannon 125

Obsidian Rose Battalion 1174

HQ2: Archon /agoniser 74
HQ3: Archon /agoniser 74
T1: 20xKabalite Warriors /3x blaster 171
T2: 20xKabalite Warriors /3x blaster 171
T3: 20xKabalite Warriors /3x blaster 171
T4: 20xKabalite Warriors /3x blaster 171
T5: 20xKabalite Warriors /3x blaster 171
T6: 20xKabalite Warriors /3x blaster 171

Total: 2000
CP: 7

18 Dissintegrators (re-roll 1 to hit and to wound) 27 dead MEQ, or 31W on Leman Russ
18 Blasters (24" range, re-roll 1 to hit) 24W on Leman Russ
102 Splinter Rifles 30" range, re-roll 1 to hit) 52 dead GEQ or 26 MEQ at 15+8" range

What do you think about it?

Is this madness or Sparta?
Back to top Go down
Lord Xelian
Hellion
Lord Xelian

PostSubject: Re: New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness   New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 19:13

this is madness AND sparta ahahah. btw how do you know how much points does units cost in new codex?
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness   New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 19:21

@Lord Xelian
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t17229-points-changes-from-bols
That's a good summary of the points that where leaked.

If you go through the TTT video post there's a lot of details also.

Also, look up BOLS deep dive on YouTube and you'll find a codex review with some detail on points and another video with details on traits, some stratagems and artifacts of cruelty!
Back to top Go down
Guter
Slave
Guter

PostSubject: Re: New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness   New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 19:21

Trueborn44 wrote:
@Lord Xelian
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t17229-points-changes-from-bols
That's a good summary of the points that where leaked.

If you go through the TTT video post there's a lot of details also.

Also, look up BOLS deep dive on YouTube and you'll find a codex review with some detail on points and another video with details on traits, some stratagems and artifacts of cruelty!

^ This
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness   New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 21:21

I feel like that many hordes of 20 warriors is going to lead to significant moral issues. I know obsidian rose has that nifty stratagem that I think is good for mitigating moral issues if you use it right, but you have 6 units and only 7 cps, thats a lot of moral saves you have to potentially worry about.

Also seems very spammy, but I'm not entirely opposed to that sort of list for DE since I feel like it fits for us fairly well.
Back to top Go down
GrinNfool
Slave
GrinNfool

PostSubject: Re: New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness   New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 21:38

I would say its match up dependent, but generally I can't see it doing very well. Main problems I see are first being that your battle plan is to try and keep 6 ravagers surrounding 1 archon, makes you susceptible to melee and DS not to mention LOS issues. If you bubble wrap with all the warriors which is clearly your intention, most of those warriors will never be in range to rapid fire. Second major issue is morale, sure obsidian rose has a strategem, but with 7 CP and 6 blobs you will be out of CP by the end of turn 2 and thats an optimistic scenario. Your warriors are just t3 5+ 6+++ dudes, they are only a bit more survivable than cultists, so on foot they are gonna drop quick leading to those morale tests. A good opponent well know it too, and only shoot out 9-10 on each squad, which at 2k points its very feasible they could do this to almost every squad on turn 1. Once your bubble wrap is down those ravagers are doomed. That's just my opinion though, who knows new codex could work and surprise me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness   New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Rules, New Approach - 2k Madness
Page 1 of 1