THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Coven creature madness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Corsair
Kabalite Warrior
Red Corsair

1850 Coven creature madness Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Coven creature madness   1850 Coven creature madness I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14 2015, 21:53

So I made this list in order to take advantage of low model count for painting ease using my fully converted collection of beasties.

I Herniated a disc severely in my neck this past spring playing soccer and lost function in my left arm for a while and I am still in some pain and recovery so I appreciate low model count builds while I am still rehabbing ( which is going very well in case you were curious cheers )

I decided upon a coven coterie so I could experiment more with an idea I had for an MSU style list after having great success this past spring with a grot bomb.

Coven Coterie

70 haemonculus
70 haemonculus

105 3 Grots
105 3 Grots
105 3 Grots
105 3 Grots

Corpse Thief Claw

650 5 Talos- Ichor Injectors

Craftworld Eldar CAD

120 Jetseer- Singing Spear
120 Jetseer- Singing Spear

51 3 Windriders
51 3 Windriders

295- Wraith Knight- Glaive and Shield

I have already used it against my brothers Nidzillad build and had a blast, very violent game where his Daemoncheron (SP) got the assault off on the corpse thief and hit every time, about 8 I think and insta killed every talos... I thought the game was over there but I managed to make a dramatic comeback since all my character lead Grot squads are extremely capable at instagibbing any of his MC's. The Wraith Knight makes a great threat denial zone since nobody wants anything to do with his initiative 5 strength D sword or stomps, he allows my list to compete with things like imperial knights and grey Knights without needing to get lucky maelstrom draws.

The list seems susceptible to certain things until you realize that it ignores anything in the air easily, can take on other super heavies quite well and has a great chance for psychic powers to combat enemy deathstars like centurions since I can easily get invisibility or shrouding for the CTC or WK. I prefer not to use invisibility but I like having it as an option in case I come up against super cheese.

Any thoughts and critique are welcome Smile

Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven creature madness   1850 Coven creature madness I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15 2015, 15:26

I like the coterie theme but how do those grots ever get anywhere? Also are you guys locked into a 33 source limit? If not make those guys into 2 x grotesquerie. In keeping with the msu ish theme I'd suggest splitting that CTC formation in two and losing a model for some rides personally. Or else losing a jetseer, or both. This could also buy you some guns for the bikes and a few tidbits elsewhere. Just some thoughts..
Back to top Go down
Red Corsair
Kabalite Warrior
Red Corsair

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven creature madness   1850 Coven creature madness I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15 2015, 16:42

The grots actually don't have any problems getting places since they are just backfield/objective grabbers. I did consider the idea of just taking two grotesqueries but they haven't announced a source limit as of yet but I am anticipating one and trying to build a conservative list, 2 CAD one formation. Should have mentioned that, but if it has no limits you are spot on.

The two seers are WAY too valuable to drop however, it doesn't seem like it on paper, but they basically make the list work against counters really well. The amazing casting/denial coupled with their speed and access to a swiss army knife of powers makes them too valuable. Psychic shriek lets me deal with pests in cover, while the two gruesome spectacle slots lets me ping the targets leadership. For example if I roll prescience and nab precognition, I basically can lead the unit with a re-rollable 3+ or 4++ majority T5 basically making the unit impossible to dislodge without wasting an inane amount of fire.

I did try to get scatter lasers on the bikes at first but 60 points is a tall order in the list, their really isn't anything I can shave off besides the ichor injectors which I'd personally rather have as it makes the talos capable of killing gargant MC's (fleshbane) and also because I really dislike that upgrade and think it was a mistake (either editing or design doesn't change my stance). Even still I start the two bike units in reserve every game and usually end up sacrificing them for enemy zone objectives since they are so fast and obsec.

I am actively avoiding vehicles since I don't have the hobby will power to paint raiders in my current condition and also I kind of want to use a list with no AV. With my bikes in reserve my list is actually a major pain to attempt to get first blood from, one jetseer is usually the WL and can be impossible to catch late game while grabbing my LB. Basically I am trying to guarantee myself all 3 tertiaries.

Actually my biggest fear is point caps, If the event I am prepping for shifts to 1750 I can manage ok but if it goes for 1650 like last years (I think most disliked) it makes it much harder to fit the toys in.

CTC will probably need to split up if the event has less points, but at 1850 I love the unit since scouting it midfield and move running it along side a combat wraith knight really puts the pressure on your opponent. Scout is BIG on taloi if you haven't tried the formation.

I may consider dark artisans instead as well ,since I'll grab the FnP bubbles and still have durable MC units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Coven creature madness   1850 Coven creature madness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Coven creature madness
Page 1 of 1