THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Clawed Fiends

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

Clawed Fiends Empty
PostSubject: Clawed Fiends   Clawed Fiends I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 20:20

The new dex and edition hit my Wych cult hard. I'm still feeling my way through things and i'm wondering if fellow Archons have any ideas on how to use the new Beastermasters. Specifically Clawed Fiends. I used to use them as an Overwatch bait unit back in days of 6th, and i'm not sure if that is a good idea anymore.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

Clawed Fiends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clawed Fiends   Clawed Fiends I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 21:31

Three clawed fiends and a beast master for 100 points seems like decent overwatch bait that, if ignored, can rip some rear AV10 vehicles in half.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Clawed Fiends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clawed Fiends   Clawed Fiends I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 22:08

I actually think Clawed Fiends are better than Birds now, though probably still inferior to Dogs. They're not a bad unit to field though.

Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

Clawed Fiends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clawed Fiends   Clawed Fiends I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 22:30

I'm delighted about the fewer Beastmasters. But, how many is the right amount now? I have 3 Clawed Fiends. Should I consider 2 Beastmasters?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Clawed Fiends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clawed Fiends   Clawed Fiends I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 00:29

I would say 'it depends'.

For the purpose you're describing you will probably only need 1. They cannot be challenged and with even moderate placement skill you can basically make them immune to any shooting outside of precision shots and ordinance dropping on their heads - and in both cases if they attract that type of firepower they're already kind of doing their job. If your opponents often field a throwaway sniper squad or something it might be worth investing in 2. I'd say keep it cheap though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clawed Fiends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clawed Fiends   Clawed Fiends I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clawed Fiends
Page 1 of 1