THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Suggestion for alternate Clawed Fiends that dont look like Clawed Fiends (or Crypt Horrors)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

Suggestion for alternate Clawed Fiends that dont look like Clawed Fiends (or Crypt Horrors) Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion for alternate Clawed Fiends that dont look like Clawed Fiends (or Crypt Horrors)   Suggestion for alternate Clawed Fiends that dont look like Clawed Fiends (or Crypt Horrors) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15 2021, 21:02

So I have wanted to fold in Clawed Fiends into my army for a while now, before the points reduction. Now I can field even more of them.

But, well, I hate the model. Like, really hate the model. And I am not a fan of the common Crypt Horror substitution either. Both seem more "smash" than "shred".

Honestly, Khmerae (sp) have always done a better job for me of invoking that whirlwind of teeth and claws vibe. But I dont want to use those, in case I also want to field them (I like those models).

Has anyone got any alternatives? No need for it to be GW models (I dont play tournaments or anything, just friendlies with my buddies), but it does need to be UK or Europe based.

On the GW front, I was surprised to see that I actually like the look of AoS Yetis. More spindly and with bigger claws than the brutes we have. I also liked the sabertooth models, but they are finecast and also out of stock (and with a small model count).

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Suggestion for alternate Clawed Fiends that dont look like Clawed Fiends (or Crypt Horrors) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for alternate Clawed Fiends that dont look like Clawed Fiends (or Crypt Horrors)   Suggestion for alternate Clawed Fiends that dont look like Clawed Fiends (or Crypt Horrors) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2021, 11:49

When I used to use Clawed Fiends, I used a set of Cold Ones. I always thought they fitted the look quite well.
(But the slightly chunkier Dark Elf ones, not the thinner Lizardman ones.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com

Suggestion for alternate Clawed Fiends that dont look like Clawed Fiends (or Crypt Horrors)
Page 1 of 1