THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How did you find The Dark City?

Go down 
+209
WanderlightWargames
Arfmasterson
Sarcron
DemiKlaive
KinkyApocalypse
Artur_claro
Otasolgryn
Mikoneo
amishprn86
Ashoka
Myrvn
Archon_91
Tounguekutter
wormfromhell
Zeusius
_topside_
DOGGED
angelrei
MarkM
Emasculator
StackedDeck
DarkDragoon63
Elvellyn
BetrayTheWorld
hekatrixxy
shapeofdread
Eclectic_gamer
Haemonculus_Vercingetorix
mrmagoo
consafo80
Jonoroba
CptMetal
TCS900
CurstAlchemist
Haemonculus Sorekh
nexs
Khalifeth Drakh
Arhaine
Kerstrom
Chaeron
Kharras Man-Bane
Lord_Alino
thesaltedwound
Devilogical
aurynn
YoungArchon
Bleaksoul Brethren
Hex
Archon Rievect
SeventhSerpent
The Crystal Archon
AraneaValon
Tobruk Darkflame
Zion
Martinman
Giladis
Gold Snake
SkullBob13
Thor665
CrazyAZ
Host Tar
El_Jairo
Ly'khal the Exiled
1nfinitezer0
clively
Calyptra
smiteey
Sweaty Mong
pyrak
Sneaky Rufus
evilbeetles
Amanita
GKP
Anx'cess
Andalit
Cheebs
Mngwa
Rauky
wanderingblade
Vasara
Drev
average joe
squeekydoor
commandersasha
Axel115
CHVRCHES
Rathstar
shinkageryu
Abyss
Kthraxis
DarkMinion
Tony Spectacular
Plastikente
Borako
Zaakath
Normski
Haemonculi Delebon
Lord Aerazabael Dethezara
Snatch
Enfernux
Balisong
W'fo
AgrealSlade
Chaeril
shhbevewyquiet
TradWarden
Hephaestion
Vorganov
ftayl5
JasoX
Azrael
Da Once & Future Git
0xBADB100D
lonewolf
warhammerpaintservice
Arkynomicon
Cavash
mot666
Rameses
Zaid
Levitas
the1stpip
TjurigRymdalv
Allandrel
Kieran Venoxis
V'rach
MrBrokenAzs
LordOfRuin
XQbitor
thetyrant
Sharkvictim
oberonson
Beriadan
The_Burning_Eye
dofus98
Ebonhart
Evil Space Elves
steev
Golub
Aurora Doomfall
cybogoblin
Darken Shadowmane
Towarzysz
misfratz
Tanhausen
Devilish
3Fingers
Skjalgepalg
red_head
opheliate
Hydra
mandragora
fenrisnorth
Shinobi_8745
ColoredBanana
The Hunger
Faceless
Phototoxin
Siticus the Ancient
Korthkor
Andytwo
Calisson
prime25
Wolfeslad
Massaen
Baron Tordeck
Red Right Hand
Zehra
Plague
Aroshamash
asmodai650
TrueKin
Madcap
Tiri Rana
imanecron
Vanq
Archon Levitas
speedfreek
Komod Elyth
Bhariss
MalysII
Khrivaan
abjectus
Raucir Lustingclaw
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Xenock Genesis
darthplagis
adesapere
Kinnay
Havoc
theblackjackal
yogi
vharing
ShadowSpirit
GrenAcid
Despiciens
Urien Rakarth
Torpedo Vegas
Lysis
Asrodrig
Radium
Rabid Bunny
Rangrok1k
shadow hunter
Gobsmakked
horrid
Xelkireth
Todo13
Sky Serpent
213 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How did you find out about The Dark City?
Warseer thread.
How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba1312%How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba15
 12% [ 40 ]
Facebook post.
How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba131%How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba15
 1% [ 5 ]
Signature link on forum.
How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba1313%How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba15
 13% [ 46 ]
Recommendation from a friend.
How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba137%How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba15
 7% [ 26 ]
Other (please state)
How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba1366%How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Voteba15
 66% [ 230 ]
Total Votes : 347

AuthorMessage
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 05:38

I too consulted the Googleseer and came across this and other DE sites.

This one seemed to have.... all the bases covered better than any other, which prompted me to say Hi.

The friendly response and atmosphere is what has kept me coming back as an "active" member and actually post and interact rather than just scouring things for the info I need.

AraneaValon
Slave
AraneaValon

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02 2014, 06:46

I found this forum from random google searching when I was looking for webway portal lists / tactics.
Back to top Go down
The Crystal Archon
Slave
The Crystal Archon

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04 2014, 20:28

Accidentally found it while googling pictures
Back to top Go down
SeventhSerpent
Slave
SeventhSerpent

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18 2014, 07:15

Found out about it through a local shop last summer and I've been following it ever since... finally created an actual account though

Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 23:00

I found The Dark City while I was looking for information on running Dark Eldar, Unit info, general help since I was running SOB's, Khorne(basically retired) and basic Chaos SM.

Saw a link, hit it and here I am! Looks like a cool nicely done site and forum..... Very Happy Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Hex
Slave
Hex

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 03:21

Ye Olde Google Search also

Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 04:31

I found it using a google search.
Back to top Go down
YoungArchon
Hellion
YoungArchon

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 16:08

When Starting Dark Eldar I stumbled across Thor's Tactica And checked out the site
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 17:26

Googled "Dark Eldar Forum"
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 17:44

aurynn wrote:
Googled "Dark Eldar Forum"

I just googled "Dark Eldar" and find this forum in split second

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 18:26

I think I was looking for advice on how to paint light-coloured armour on DE warriors. Googled that, found myself here!

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2014, 22:34

The Google Library is how I got here
Back to top Go down
Kharras Man-Bane
Hellion
Kharras Man-Bane

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 23:06

Random googling.

Slave
Chaeron

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2014, 16:15

I've known of it for a couple of years now - but since I wasn't playing DE then, I didn't feel the need to join. Reminded by someone over at the Bolter and Chainsword, seemed as good a time as any to get in on the action.
Back to top Go down
http://thedeathguard.wordpress.com/
Kerstrom
Slave
Kerstrom

PostSubject: Other Means   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 23:56

I discovered The Dark City, via two separate ways nearly simultaneously. I was watching some youtube videos about the DE Codex and general tactics. Likewise, I started some searches regarding troops types, usage recommendations, and conversions options, that linked by to here.

I am quite glad I've found this resource. Hoping to be a useful contributing member in the near future. I realize I still have a lot to learn.
Back to top Go down
Arhaine
Slave
Arhaine

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 22:56

It's only taken me close on three years to make my initial post, so make of that what you will.

affraid

I've been playing tabletop wargames since 1975, and GW games since 1995.  My current favourite games are World War 2 based (Bolt Action & Chain of Command), but the one way to get a game at my local club on any given Friday night is to play 40k (or, to a lesser extent, The Other Game).

I am built like an Ogryn, but inside this mass is a svelte sinuous Eldar type screaming to get out (but then again, it might just be screaming for the sheer hell of it).  I have always favoured the stiletto over the sledgehammer (and I meant the knife, not the shoe), subtlety over the bleeding obvious, speed over bulk, and the challenge over the point + click.  I like to dance on the edge of the precipice when I play any sort of wargame, and derive the greatest amount of personal satisfaction from knowing that to make any sort of mistake is an invitation to plunge into the abyss.

And fluff will always inspire me far far more than mere tactical efficiency.  I perceive meta as being a four letter word, and if I ever use it in conversations it is inevitably overlaid with cynicism.

I see myself as a morally upright person irl (which is totally different to being up tight), so when I play my games of pretty pewter/ plastic miniatures and vexatious dice I have a marked leaning for doing the bad guys.  I have flirted with the notion of collecting and playing Dark Eldar for a long time, but I think the time to start is now.

Soon, I hope, my Gilded Splinters will be taking their place in my affections beside my Bitches of Eastwitch (my DE Blood Bowl team) and my Diamond Dogs (a Dark Elf close combat cavalry army).

Oh, and for the record: I voted Other. I can't remember if I was looking for reviews of the great Cult classic film, The Dark City (I can not recommend it highly enough), or if I simply Googled "Dark Eldar Forum".

That strains on a leash."

"Sweet Thing" from "Diamond Dogs" by David Bowie
Back to top Go down
Khalifeth Drakh
Hellion
Khalifeth Drakh

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 01:33

I found it through accident, actually.

Whilst using the almighty Google to find tactica and army lists, I stumbled upon this site. I know I must have visited it in the past, but for some reason I must have just lurked.

That's not creepy or anything...
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 02:48

I clicked Other.

I googled. Google never disappoints.
Back to top Go down
Haemonculus Sorekh
Slave
Haemonculus Sorekh

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2015, 12:08

Clicked other.

Was searching for tactics on Dark Eldar and I found this lovely website Very Happy

Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 23:54

Chose Other.
I found The Dark City by doing a general search on bing for rule clarification and it was one of the links.
Back to top Go down
SeventhSerpent
Slave
SeventhSerpent

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07 2015, 23:33

I clicked other, just came across it looking for general DE info.

Slave
TCS900

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08 2015, 01:29

I found it on Advanced Tau Tactica as I used to play Tau and, when I started my Dark Eldar army I browsed the site for a link for a Dark Eldar forum. Funnily enough, I found ATT when I was looking for Piranha tactics and I found an article written on it, which had been written by Mushkilla.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 08:00

Left from biel-tan...

Slave
Jonoroba

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17 2015, 08:57

Google
Back to top Go down
consafo80
Slave
consafo80

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2015, 07:49

Just started getting Dark Eldar so googled Dark Eldar forums and here I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you find The Dark City?   How did you find The Dark City? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you find The Dark City?
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next