THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!

Go down 
+2
aurynn
Gobsmakked
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! Empty
PostSubject: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 17:39

This past week saw the release of a new kit that makes two new monstrous creatures, the Toxicrene and Maleceptor:

New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! ToxicreneBundle_2CTout

And now today, we get a leak from the next WD of the return of the Mycetic Spore Pod, with a new name and beefed up firepower, as part of a 3-critter kit:

Quote :
Multi-part plastic kit for approx $60 (approx conversion)

via Natfka http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2014/11/tyranid-tyrannocytesporocystmucolid.html

Makes 1 Tyrannocyte (Tyranid drop pod) 75pt
Can carry 20 models or 1 monstrous creature.
Has 5 deathpitters and can upgrade to 5 venom cannons or 5 barbed stranglers for 25pts each.

or a Sporocyst (weapons bunker)

or a Mucolid Spore (giant spore mine)

Best 'Nid day EV-UH! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

There's have also been rumours of another limited edition set, a la Orks-Space Wolves, that will combine Blood Angels and Tyranids, with some unique fig's included.

And, that's not all.  There will also be separate Dark Vengeance expansion sets released, so hopefully those luv'ly CSM Chosen will get more units in the same updated aesthetic:

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2014/11/dark-vengeance-expansion-kits-this-week.html

Quote :
Crimson Slaughter - A Dark Vengeance Expansion Set $127 approx
Includes 5 Cultists, 5 Chaos Terminators, 5 Raptors, 1 Land Raider.

Dark Angels - A Dark Vengeance Expansion Set $136 approx
Includes a Ravenwing Command Squad, 5 Deathwing Knights and a Dark Talon.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 18:49

Oh that price tag of the spores is hilarious. :-D If this is the new GW policy to discourage spamming, I am all up to it. :-D Oh wait! Drop Pods are still 22 pounds... ;-)
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 18:54

At least it's a multi-model kit with lots of options, but yeah, here in Canada it will be another 15-20%, no doubt Evil or Very Mad

I designed and cast my own snot pods a couple of years ago.  They are fairly simple, but were easy and cheap, and get the job done.  I will simply dust them off et voila!

http://www.warpshadow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13358&p=203965#p203965
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 20:35

Nice ones!
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 21:05

I hope the DV expansions are as beautiful as the chosen, I'd love to add some sexy Terminators to my Night Lords!
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 16:12

I think it is a good sign that the add so many"new" units to the nids. I think that we could see some old chars come back that way or even new ways of deploying as the spores open up "new" deployment tactics and the big spore mines (there are suppose to be three in a box) work against flyers. I like this release.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 16:19

The spore mines are strange, it allows them to assault flyers but disallows them from charging?!

I'm pleased in some respects to see them releasing stuff that adds to existing codices, but in other ways I really don't like the idea of introducing units like this that aren't in the codex - I like having all my rules in one simple place instead of spread through codices, supplements, dataslates and WD updates - seems like those are going the way of 6th ed with escalation, stronghold assault etc.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 16:49

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
The spore mines are strange, it allows them to assault flyers but disallows them from charging?!

I assume by 'assault' they mean 'float towards and then explode'? If so, it's essentially a single shot vector strike.

If they meant 'assault' as in 'attack in close combat' then they'll have their work cut out with no attacks and no weapon skill! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 16:53

Count Adhemar wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:

I assume by 'assault' they mean 'float towards and then explode'? If so, it's essentially a single shot vector strike.

If they meant 'assault' as in 'attack in close combat' then they'll have their work cut out with no attacks and no weapon skill! Very Happy

I don't have the nid codex, but played against them last week, the normal spore mines have a weird rule whereby they can move into combat (half 2D6 i think?) but the explode rather than attacking - not sure if their profile has any attacks on it either?
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!   New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Bugz, including a spore pod - oh happy days!
Page 1 of 1