THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bringing two Archons.

Go down 
+6
Klaivex Charondyr
Cavalier
DEfan
Thor665
MurDok
Its_Rumble
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Bringing two Archons. Empty
PostSubject: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 05:18

Obviously you can make a fluff line for anything and explain what you want to fit your list. However the real question here is whether or not two Archons would raid with each other.

I would start to tend towards probably not. With all of the intrigue and craziness of the webway I don't think that two would raid together. It makes sense that they would go hand in hand with a Succubus or a Haemonculi because chances are you are hiring them as mercenaries. Allies are a pretty grey area when it comes to DE.

Although in the fluff they say that the raid comes first and everyone gets stuff done. I highly doubt however that a shifty Archon wouldn't try to get a leg up on a rival Kabal.

So many avenues to discuss, your thoughts?

Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 06:14

From what I can remember from the last three "path" novels it actually isn't uncommon to have multiple Archons/Succubus/Haemies on one raiding trip. The kabals form loose alliances with other Cults/ Kabals, and a Kabal usually plays hosts to a Haemie as kinda of a "in-house" doctor/mad scientist but the Haemie still retains his member ship to a coven. It seemed Luke there was an equal amount of back stabbing with in the Kabals/Cults as there was between them.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 06:42

Yeah - sometimes multiple Kabals band together because a more powerful Kabal is pulling the strings. And sometimes multiple ones will band together as a way of each risking a little bit to help ensure none of the others backstab them.

Two Archons in a raid is easily supported via fluff. Codex and BL.

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 06:55

Very cool you learn something new every day. I havent't had the chance to read the books I think I might check those out.

Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 09:00

I have been reading path of the Archon and Asdrubael had a body double. I kind of like the idea of a distraction Archon.

Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 11:56

Also a second Archon could always be counts-as "the second in command" or elite body guard. Thats what I do anyway.

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 12:10

The Black Heart Cabal for example consists of several Archons with Vect as their superior.
Raids of smaller Cabals are usually composed of several small Cabals as none of these could afford the Raid all by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24 2014, 22:45

I'm just re-reading Path of the Renegade, and an alliance of 3 Archons (although one is currently regenerating after an unfortunate accident) have manipulated a fourth Archon into leading a raid so that they can use it as cover for something else they want to achieve on a certain world.

So, all-in-all, I think it is easily fluff-able. They could be friends (for the moment at least), working together on a raid. They could be rivals, each trying to get the highest slave count. One could have gate-crashed the raid to upstage the other. Or one could be subordinate to the other (a Dracon, or whatever). I'm sure there are other options too...

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25 2014, 11:19

Its also worth noting that in Path of the Archion, vect is lording over a collection of Archons all subserveant to him (including Malys).
Its not unthinkable he might dispatch more than more on the same mission.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25 2014, 16:24

I guess there would be a certain amount of deceit and treachery. Now an Archon and an aspiring Arch-Dracon would be cannon and fluffy!
The thing with Archons though is that almost anything is possible. Have 12, its a competition between them, a gambling game they play together. Sizing each other up, Stag-do. Anything is possible with a life devoted to vice and sin!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25 2014, 16:33

Grub wrote:

The thing with Archons though is that almost anything is possible ... Stag-do.

Nice Very Happy

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26 2014, 20:15

DEfan wrote:
I have been reading path of the Archon and Asdrubael had a body double. I kind of like the idea of a distraction Archon.
Me too! But my second one isn't doing it voluntarily. He was a lower archon, who tried to overthrow the other one.
Sadly, he is now forced to be a bodyguard, because he was poisend and boobytrapped, well, with a dead man switch...
Slow working poison, so he needs the antidote every day, boobytrapped by a little vial with the glass plague virus with a remote detonator.

Dex before, it was Vect, two more reasons to be the bodyguard and the same lesser archon...

Btw: I haven't read the book yet, so: Spoiler alert!!!

PostSubject: Re: Bringing two Archons.   Bringing two Archons. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bringing two Archons.
Page 1 of 1