THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Big game need advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Big game need advice Empty
PostSubject: Big game need advice   Big game need advice I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 19:21

I posted this in raids by mistake so I am posting here now in the correct part of the forum.

Next month I will be doing a very large game. 4V4 3k points each. almost apocalypse. I have never played a game of this magnitude before.
I am not even sure I have 3k worth of models so I will probably throw in something like assassin or a bastion. The only other army I have available to
allie with is Necrons and I do not have many of them either. Any tips would be welcome.
I normally play mass gunboat style. I dont think 6 can dent a 3k list though lol.

I have (weapons are interchangeable)
Lelith
3 Heam
2 archons
1 succubus
5 wracks
1 venom
6 raiders
about 80 kabalites
about 30 wyches
1 talos
1 chronos
2 razerwings
1 voidraven
4 clawed fiends
20 reavers
10 scourges

necrons (got them for dirt cheap for a trick i was going to try)
20 warriours
2 scyths
imotech

ill update if I forgot anything

I do have access to vindacare, Aieges defense line, and a bastions as well.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Big game need advice   Big game need advice I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 21:43

Do you know what you'll be playing against? At first glance...
You'll probably need to ally with yourself a couple of times to fit it all in.

I'd make at least one of them a realspace raiders detachment, make the most of your Fast Attack choices! Two units of 9 reavers will be awesome. Blaster & caltrops. Two units of scourges, one with HWBs and one with HLs and a WWP archon with blaster, for example. Both your razorwings will almost certainly be mighty useful too, take the right missiles.

1 talos 1 chronos 1 haem makes a dark artisan Formation, which I hear great things about. Add that.

Better players than me, thoughts for the core of the army?

barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Big game need advice   Big game need advice I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 21:55

It is unknown whos on my team and whos against me. I do kknow the armies people field though.
2 space wolves
1 Chaos
1 guy who always goes IG and necrons
1 blood angels
1 guy I have no Idea
1 guy either orcs or nids.
the last will play eigther nids, tau, orcs, or eldar.

Also the game is suppose to have surprise attacks from neutral nids and things like that.

I love the DA formation I use it every game and it owns. Im liking pretty much everything you said.
I was thinking smiler with the bikes only I was going to stick an archon with them and a wwp.
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Big game need advice   Big game need advice I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 21:58

If your allies are okay with it, take imotekh (the lightning will also hit themunless they play crons!) especially if you have more DE/tau on your side

Youll break 3K easily

I'd suggest leaving the wyches at home, filling up the FA (2 HL/HWB scourge units, 2 RWJs, 2*9 reavers with CC, dont bother with shooting weapons as theyll be jinking) and adding on a Dark Artisan formation with template spam (LGs on the haemy and talos, DS 3 flamers Very Happy)
For bulking up the army, slap in a ton of kabalite gunboats, or, if you and your allies need AT, pseudo ravagers (raiders with 2x DL trueborn, raider jinks, trueborn still shoot at full BS)

Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Big game need advice   Big game need advice I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 22:00

I don't think the WWP archon is really neccessary with the bikes, they're already good at getting where they want to be. Whereas to really make Scourges work, especially with HL, they need him.
(And I'd feel cheeky doing it in my own games, it just doesn't make sense to me haha!)

mrmagoo and I discussed it just a bit earlier on the anti-tank thread in tactica. He had hella good points.

barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Big game need advice   Big game need advice I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 22:26

thesaltedwound wrote:
I don't think the WWP archon is really neccessary with the bikes, they're already good at getting where they want to be. Whereas to really make Scourges work, especially with HL, they need him.
(And I'd feel cheeky doing it in my own games, it just doesn't make sense to me haha!)

mrmagoo and I discussed it just a bit earlier on the anti-tank thread in tactica. He had hella good points.

Normally yes but were putting 4 boards together, I was thinking of popping behind long range heavy guns to take them out for the whole team.

Anterxhul. I agree wychs stay home lol. As for imo, The way the guy running the game is playing it I may not have to worry about teamates getting hit. He said he will probably take out anything involving battle brothers and treat the armies as if they were solo. I already sent him a message confirming imos rule. waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Big game need advice   Big game need advice I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 22:27

Anterzhul wrote:
If your allies are okay with it, take imotekh (the lightning will also hit themunless they play crons!) especially if you have more DE/tau on your side

Not being battle brothers, the lightning will hit his own dark eldar as well, won't it?
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Big game need advice   Big game need advice I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 22:35

yes it will hit DA, Worth it for the amount of enemy it would hhit though. Its still in debate as well on if it does or not. The rule says it targets anyone who is an enemy with is everyone who is not necrons, however the rule under the allies sections says they cannot be targeted but can be hit by are weapons and blast templets that scattered. The debate is if the lightning counts as an area effect. I believe i counts as targeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big game need advice   Big game need advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big game need advice
Page 1 of 1