THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Equipping my haemonculus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

Equipping my haemonculus  Empty
PostSubject: Equipping my haemonculus    Equipping my haemonculus  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 05:35

Playing a campaign next week with point restrictions on upgraded (less than 30 a piece). I only have warriors to use as far as units he can join right now, what would be your suggestion as far as equipping the haemy within the restrictions, and what squad he should go with and if/what kind of transport. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Equipping my haemonculus    Equipping my haemonculus  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 08:15

It's a shame you can't give him a webway portal.

I think Haemy's main strength lies in giving his unit +1 on the PfP table. If you keep him and his unit reserved, they're guaranteed to arrive with at least FNP (5+) which is as good as their FNP gets in Codex: DE anyway.

Makes them a bit more versatile and survivable, at least. You said warriors - can that stretch to upgrading them to Trueborn? You might be cool with some splintercannon trueborn, holding an objective in cover, haemy with a 10pt hexrifle so they all have that 36" range. It'll punish any infantry that want to have a go, command type squads included. Don't forget the precision shots. If points allow, give them a splinter rack raider so they can do some damage while they get around, and keep them in reserve.

I dunno, there's certainly better things you could do, but I'll leave those to better players to think of. I reckon I could make this idea work, anyway, so I'd hope you can too.

@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Equipping my haemonculus    Equipping my haemonculus  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 10:16

You could stick him in a unit of 20 warriors. If you use cover you have almost always a 5++ at least. Move those to the other table edge. Put a seargent in there with an agonizer and haywire, some blasters maybe, and scissorhands for the haemi. It gets better if you do this two or three times with warriors and Wyches etc. Play orc-style!
Back to top Go down
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

PostSubject: Re: Equipping my haemonculus    Equipping my haemonculus  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2014, 19:03

Hahaha interesting ideas! I can do true born, but lack bits to make enough splinter canons or blasters . Ill rummage around the bits bin at my local shop and see if I can scrounge some up or convert from blast pistols Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equipping my haemonculus    Equipping my haemonculus  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equipping my haemonculus
Page 1 of 1