THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk! Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!   1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 02:22

Realspace Raiders Detachment

Succubus (Architect Glaive, Haywire Grenades, Blast Pistol) 140 pts
Incubi (3 Incubi, Klaivex, Venom with dual Splinter Cannon) 155 pts
Wyches (5 wyches, 1 hydra gauntlet set, Venom with Dual Cannon)
Reavers (6 Reavers, 2 cluster caltrops)
Reavers (6 Reavers, 2 cluster caltrops)
Scourges (4 Haywire Blasters)
Scourges (4 Heat Lances)
Hellions (14 hellions, helliarch with stunclaw and PGL)

Sixteen targets seems like I could get some decent target saturation going. Scourges and Reavers are on primary vehicle duty, but Hellions can pinch hit on rear armor 10 vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!   1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 04:00

drop the HWG on the succubus....not required. i am guessing the succubus will run with the incubi?
I think you are better off either taking grots over incubi. (they team up better with the succubus as the succubus is the equivilent to the incubi with 2+stregth glaive)
or swap to succubus for an archon with agonizer soul trap and shadow field. cheaper and hit more things.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!   1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 04:43

Yeah, not a big fan of HWG normally, but I had 5 pts to burn.

Probably going to stick with the Succubus for flavor reasons. It's a Wych cult list, and it wouldn't feel right without a cult HQ.

Still, Grots would be good to replace the Incubi, just not sure where to shave the points off to afford them.
Back to top Go down
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!   1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 06:08

are you sure you do not want your archon running with his bitches wyches?

Ok so this is what i came up with to get the grots.

swap blaster on the suc for armour of misery and drop HWG
consolodate 2 units of wyches and their venoms into 1 10 in a raider with aethersails
in that group have a hekatrix with agoniser and 2x hydra

that should leave you enough points to run 4x grots with 3 liquifiers in a raider with aethersails
this should house the succ

now turn 2 you should have grots, 10 wyches and 2x6 reavers in charge range ready to hurt something with 6 points left over (lol you can have you HWG back with that)

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!   1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 06:22

Hmm...I think I'd rather drop the Incubi, the blast pistol, and one or more of the Helliarch's upgrades, and replace them with three Grots in a Raider with Night Shields. That way I'm not reducing my number of targets. Good suggestion on the pistol.
Back to top Go down
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!   1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 07:35

I have been thinking of an idea to make a wych cult (semi) work. going old old school and having 10 man units in raiders with hekatrix and agonisers, spam them. and have a fire support base of ravagers and empty venoms. led by lelith. it would look something like this:

Lelith

4 x10 Wyches (Hekatrix, Agoniser) Raider (DL)
*one squad has 9 so Lilith can join in*

x3 Empty Venoms (Splinter Cannons)

x3 Ravagers (DLs)

comes in around 1500 points,
you could also ditch lelith and use a regular succubus and put spare points into haywire grenades or wych weapons, maybe nightshields.

with larger wych squads i think they can do more. the days of 5 man wyches in venoms may be over. I like your list, i personally would just combine some of those squads into raiders, drop the hellions (IMO just not a fan) to save some more points.
also check your points on your HQ, i think your almost 30 points over. that can save you some.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!   1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 12:32

By 30 pts over, did you mean I spent too much, or that I didn't pay for everything I took?

10 person squads in a raider might work. I've also thought about switching around some pts to get grots rather than Incubi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!   1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Wych Cult list - Making Wyches Wyrk!
Page 1 of 1