THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Lances

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

Dark Lances Empty
PostSubject: Dark Lances   Dark Lances I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 19:16

So much do I know:
* 3 lances on a Ravager are good.
* Lances on Scourges are bad, because they are heavy weapons.

But what about Kabalite Warriors and Trueborn? Are Dark Lances viable for them, or should I just cut the barrels off to make more Blasters?
Also, should really every vehicle that can take a Dark Lance instead of Disintegrator always do so?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Dark Lances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Lances   Dark Lances I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 19:35

Quote :
But what about Kabalite Warriors and Trueborn? Are Dark Lances viable for them, or should I just cut the barrels off to make more Blasters?
Mediocre i think, for the same reason as scourges. Then need to move. If you are getting stationary kabalite squad, then it is ok.

Quote :
Also, should really every vehicle that can take a Dark Lance instead of Disintegrator always do so?
In my opinion - yes. Though there are some who swear by des ravager or des razorwing. It is a good choice, but it always eats at necessary choice.

Of course if you are preparing for a fight with a known list and taking it dirty you might want to take it. But then you dont really need to know whats better, pretty sure you know advantages of both and how to aply them against chosen list.

Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

Dark Lances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Lances   Dark Lances I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 19:42

Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
In my opinion - yes. Though there are some who swear by des ravager or des razorwing. It is a good choice, but it always eats at necessary choice.

Of course if you are preparing for a fight with a known list and taking it dirty you might want to take it. But then you dont really need to know whats better, pretty sure you know advantages of both and how to aply them against chosen list.

The thing is; Disintegrators have served me well against MEQs so far. Definitely better than splinter weapons. If a weapon can easily kill 3 Marines instead of just 1, that can make a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Dark Lances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Lances   Dark Lances I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 19:47

Quote :
If a weapon can easily kill 3 Marines instead of just 1, that can make a big difference.
It does, when you are facing MEQ. When you face wall of armor not so much.
My point is - there are many different tools to kill of said MEQs, and not that much tools to kill off vehicles. You probably shouldnt eat at them.

1++
Hekatrix

Dark Lances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Lances   Dark Lances I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 19:52

1 dissie does not kill 3 marines, mathematically. I too like them but against T5 and above Splinter Weapons get really good, so all depends on your meta really.

As for the Trueborn/Warrior question; I too am also asking that question (5 Trueborn, 2 Dark Lances in a Raider) if they are going to work. The way I see it; they need to be stationary to be effective so if I go first It's 3 more Lance shots T1 but if I'm going 2nd then I have to hide them otherwise if I deploy them with a target in their sights, they too become a target and my enemy will score First Blood (Raider) in no time at all.

But against Flyers snap firing is moot so I can deploy them hidden or in reserves and they can take pot shots at Flyers/FMCs

Hellion
Javorra

Dark Lances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Lances   Dark Lances I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 21:11

1++ wrote:
As for the Trueborn/Warrior question; I too am also asking that question (5 Trueborn, 2 Dark Lances in a Raider) if they are going to work. The way I see it; they need to be stationary to be effective so if I go first It's 3 more Lance shots T1 but if I'm going 2nd then I have to hide them otherwise if I deploy them with a target in their sights, they too become a target and my enemy will score First Blood (Raider) in no time at all.

The thing is, 5 trueborn+2 lances+raider with lance are 155pts, 10 war+lance on raider are 5 pts more...why should you take them instead of a ravager? Unless you desperately need 20 lances or you really want to use HS slots for talos, cronos and bomber, i'd go for a ravager anytime.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Dark Lances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Lances   Dark Lances I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 22:11

Javorra wrote:
1++ wrote:

The thing is, 5 trueborn+2 lances+raider with lance are 155pts, 10 war+lance on raider are 5 pts more...why should you take them instead of a ravager? Unless you desperately need 20 lances or you really want to use HS slots for talos, cronos and bomber, i'd go for a ravager anytime.

Yep. Exactly.  Ravagers are the best non-flyer platform for Dark Lances the DE have because they can move and still fire regularly.  

If you want Dark Light weapons on infantry models, go with Blasters.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Dark Lances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Lances   Dark Lances I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 00:04

Javorra wrote:

My list already has all 6 troop slots (6x 5 War, BL, Venom) and all 3 heavy slots full (3x Ravagers) so looking at ways of utilising the points. It's pretty much either the 2 DL unit above or a second Blasterborn squad.....but I don't want to find/convert/build 4 more Blasters

Dark Lances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Lances   Dark Lances I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Lances
Page 1 of 1