THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help a noob with a list?

Go down 
+2
Count Adhemar
El_Sneako
6 posters
AuthorMessage
El_Sneako
Slave
El_Sneako

Help a noob with a list? Empty
PostSubject: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 00:18

Hello,
I'm new to the hobby and trying to put together a 1000pt list. I would appreciate a little criticism on it and a little advice on anything obviously wrong with it.  Many thanks in advance.  

PATROL- Kabal- Obsidian Rose     625pts
Archon (90pts)
    --Warlord, Splintered Genius, trait (Hatred Eternal), huskblade->Djinn blade, blast pistol.
Kabalite-Trueborn x10 (135pts)
    --2*blasters, 1*dark lance
Incubi x5 (80pts)

Scourges x5 (105pts)
   --4*blasters, 1shardcarbine, 1 power lance
Raider (120pts)
   --Dark lance, chains, Phantasm grenade launcher, prow, splinter racks
Venom (95pts)
  --2*splinter cannons, chains, trophies

Patrol-Cult-Red Grief     375pts 2CP
Succubus (60pts 2CP)
    --WLT(Precision blows), Relic(blood glaive), 2*random drugs, glave and blast pistol.
Wyches x10 (125pts)
    --one of each special weapon, agonizer on hekatrix, drug(+1 strength)
Hellions x5 (85pts)
   --stock, 2*random drugs
Raider (105pts)
    --Dark Lance, chain flails, lightning plow

My intent with the list is trying to play to the Drukhari's strong point of mobility.  Trueborn in a raider, wyches+Succubus in a raider playing as my frontline, with the Incubi+archon in the venom playing as a counter punch unit.  Scourges held back to drop in as a pinch hitter against vehicles and elite infantry, and hellions trying to play on the flank to tie up important units/kill something important and squishy.

I know that the power lance on scourges is counter-synergy, but I had the points.  I don't know if PGL are good, but again, had the points.  I do have some more kabalites I could sub in instead of some of the upgrades, but didn't feel particularly attracted to having them ground pound.  

Thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 00:21

Moved to Army Lists section - Count Adhemar

El_Sneako
Slave
El_Sneako

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 00:23

Cheers, didn't see the army list section, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 01:36

Since you are a newcomer, I would say, play what you like. I dont know, what kind of advice you expect.
Do you want a funny fluff-list to play with friends? Or do you want to just obliterate everybody?
So, I just give you the most basic until I know, what you are up to:
You cant have enough troops in Raiders. Be it Kabalites, Wyches or Wracks. They all are relatively cheap and do their jobs.
About your Raiders: They dont really need the chains and prows. Normally you have much better CC units.

Just tell us, what you see, when you think about your own personal Drukhari army.

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 14:43

one small criticism that follow what Zenotaph is saying: don't make your transport that expensive.
Remove the Shock Prow and Chain Snares on all of them (if you keep grisly trophies, only use them on transport carrying Incubis or something that care about Leadership), and instead add some units, or best, upgrade the Succubus to a Master and boost the 10x wyches to Bloodbrides.
I prefer by far the Trueborn (kabals) or Haemoxyte (Coven) but the Bloodbrides can become really dangerous, especially if you equip all the special weapons, hitting on 2+ is a must and the super Blade artist can sometime helps a lot.

Also, for the Scourge, if your searching for some points, don't equip the Solarite with a melee weapon, you NEVER want them in close combat.
Also for Scourge, i would switch 2 Blasters for 2 Heat Lance (same point cost) just to add a little bit more punch (if you can afford it, 2x Dark Lance but they are a little bit more expansive)

Overall for a newbie list this seems really legit! congrats fellow Archon Smile
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 14:50

I'd cut the Power Lance, Trophies and Grenade Launcher and spend those points upgrading the Succubus.

Consider cutting some more boat upgrades to upgrade thw Wyches but honestly It's kind of fine at that point and extra attack boats are fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 15:40

@Yziel what are your thought on Raiders in a Cursed Blade detachment? would it be good to add the chain snares? i mean, 6A at S8 -1AP 1D can be something.......i always wondered why this is not something we abuse knowing that our vehicle are actually decent in melee in comparison to a lot of other factions......
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 15:43

I haven't tried it and I'm more interested in rerolls for the lances but it certainly sounds like fun!

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 15:59

i agree that once you try Obsidian rose, its hard to go back Wink
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 17:00

I align my Raiders with Dark Creed. It is very nice with trophies and PGL.
My Venoms are usually from my Poisoned Tongue detachement. Cannons hitting everything on 3+ is just sweet.
Also it goes well with the Ld-Mali because of attrition +1.
And as a very nice Sideeffect: A Masterarchon whipping a Tank apart is just hillarious. lol!

Slave
El_Sneako

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2021, 06:33

Thanks yall for the advice. I trimmed out all of the upgrades on my vehicles (not including the trophies on the venom, purely for the incubi) and upgraded the succubus to master and the wyches to hekatrixes. I also gave the scourges two heat lances.

I look forward to my first game, your feedback was appreciated. Very Happy

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2021, 14:11

Best of luck for your future game Smile

looking forward to your results! don't hesitate to share them and its always a pleasure to help Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2021, 15:38

Dont forget to update your Battlescribe app. New point changes last week, my list now costs an extra 50 points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help a noob with a list?   Help a noob with a list? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help a noob with a list?
Page 1 of 1