THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Artisan
Slave

Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm Empty
PostSubject: Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm   Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2011, 15:50

Hi, Im new to this forum, and seeing this section of the dark city, I knew I had to post my creaion here, I made it a few months ago (not the model, that probably needs 2 talos kits, a large oval base and a hell pit abomination to convert) and I call it: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm!

The Idea for it is that he haemonculi will get their bony hands on all sorts of monsters and beasts from across the galaxy, and that when they get hold of a truly huge beast, they can create a true abomination. One of these, is the Flesh Wyrm.

As I made i ages ago using the Templates that Gw brought out, Ill just show you the picture:

Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm TheHaemonculiFleshWyrm

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm   Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04 2011, 20:50

I think it seems good. Not sure if the Acidic Blood should ignore armour saves (feels like the luiquifier a bit), but otherwise I like it very much.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm   Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2011, 16:27

Awesome concept mate. Its a very interesting and doable idea and would be extremely fun to design and build one. Maybe wrap modeling putty around some plastic pipe and then mould some spare talos weapons and arms into it? Give it multiple heads? And lastly I'd like to add how sweet the "too horrific to die" special rule is. Not only is it cool imagery but it also gives it the sort of equivalent of a structure point. If i ever collect an apocalypse army I would almost defiantly use one of these.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm   Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 23:16

i like it, the acid blood could be brought down a little like treat armor saves as 2 lower than they are. terminator armor becomes 4+ normal marine armor becomes 5+ and such. though i think the 6+ save should be brought to a 5+ at least, putting it on par with anything else in our army.

Last edited by Ebonhart on Wed Jan 11 2012, 23:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : second look opinion)
Back to top Go down
Dark Artisan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm   Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 07:48

Thanks Guys.

I think the Idea of ignoring armour saves is a bit strong in hindsight, like ebonhart said I might just make it -2 to your saves.

As for armour, the flesh wyrm has a 4+ armour save from his armored carapace, I just forgot to add that in the profile bit, although he has got the equipment for it. However I may put it up to a 3+, which coupled with his feel no pain save he gets from altered physique and power from pain, gives him some reasonable survivability.

Anyway, Like I said, glad you like it.
Thanks,
Dark Artisan
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm   Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 08:40

Instead of flat out ignoring armor saves for the acidic blood, make it like the liquifier and give it AP-d6?
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm   Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 10:29

Archeonlotet wrote:
Instead of flat out ignoring armor saves for the acidic blood, make it like the liquifier and give it AP-d6?
I was thinking the same, as mentioned earlier I feel it is very similar to the liquifier. What do you say?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm   Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 15:14

i'm kind of thinking we should up the hits from the blood to d3 hits. its only going to go off in melee, when there is an unsaved wound, and with a to be determined AP value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm   Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocolypse Monster: the Haemonculi Flesh Wyrm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: