THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Realspace Raiders MSU Reavers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

1850 Realspace Raiders MSU Reavers Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Realspace Raiders MSU Reavers   1850 Realspace Raiders MSU Reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 14:56

I had a thought about using the Realspace Raiders detachment and maxing out on small 3 man biker squads to harass the enemy supported by Ravagers and Venoms.
Inspired from the article written by Mushkilla about using Reavers as blocking and the extended Reaver thread in the Tactics section:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11295-the-pragmatic-realspace-raider-blocking-with-reavers
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t10730-so-i-need-some-help-with-my-reavers

I wonder if a list like this could be competitive? Its biggest weakness may be the amount of KP's offered to the opponent.

HQ

[1] Succubus (AG)

Elite
[1] x4 Grots (AB w/ SH)
Raider (DL)

Troop
[4] x5 Warriors (BLs)
Venom (SC)

[2] x5 Warriors (BLs)
Raider (DL)

Fast Attack
[6] x3 Reavers (CC, HL)

Heavy Support
[3] Ravager (DLs)
Back to top Go down
Dark Lance
Hellion
Dark Lance

1850 Realspace Raiders MSU Reavers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Realspace Raiders MSU Reavers   1850 Realspace Raiders MSU Reavers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 00:32

In my mind, the reavers in this list don't work. Because even with skilled rider and a 3+ jink you kill one and they are making a LD test on an 8. I played a small game this past weekend and joined two eldar characters on bikes to a 3 man squad. 2 bikes were killed, they failed leadership and the unit ran off the board. That said, I like reavers. I just think you have to have bigger squads.
Back to top Go down

1850 Realspace Raiders MSU Reavers
Page 1 of 1